Debate John Titor's Laser Beam, real or not?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
If you're ever interested in facts that show the story is a mere fabrication, just ask.

Einstein, I would actually love to read the facts if you wouldn't mind.

Okay, the main piece of evidence that completely debunks the whole story was provided by John Titor himself. It's a picture of a Laser beam being deflected by the intense gravity field of the C204 time machine distortion unit. Here is the picture superimposed over a picture of the interior of a Chevy Corvette:

LaserBoy_Sitting_in_Corvette.jpg

If you'll notice, just the Laser beam itself is bent. Yet other details in the picture remain completely unaffected by the light bending properties of the intense gravity field. That is impossible! If the gravity field is strong enough to bend a Laser light beam, it would equally bend all other light being reflected back to the camera as well. The interior of the car in the photo should be completely distorted and unrecognizable in a gravity field of this intensity. Yet you can see the lines in the picture match up perfectly with the lines of the Corvette that the Laser picture is superimposed over. One other thing that I might mention is that an person exposed to such an intense gravity field would be reduced to a puddle of mush. Yet in the story John specifically says the gravity field developed by the C204 time distortion unit only develops a field up to 2 gees in intensity. A 2 gee gravity field will not bend light as depicted in this picture. In fact the amount of bending that would take place in a 2 gee field would not be detectable to the human eye. Certainly less than the width of an atom over such a short distance. These are the real facts that show the story is just a story.

titorite

If you're ever interested in facts that show the story is a mere fabrication, just ask.

Okay, the main piece of evidence that completely debunks the whole story was provided by John Titor himself. It's a picture of a Laser beam being deflected by the intense gravity field of the C204 time machine distortion unit. Here is the picture superimposed over a picture of the interior of a Chevy Corvette:

If you'll notice, just the Laser beam itself is bent. Yet other details in the picture remain completely unaffected by the light bending properties of the intense gravity field. That is impossible!

I like how your answer beams of faith.

Nicest way I could put that.

It is a two dimensional picture . Do you know how far that laser is shining? Do you know all about the effects of the dual singularity drive? Where the event horizines are theoriticly located? Where safe is and where it aint inside the center of the vortex?

If anything it remain like most all of his story an improvable.... at least by cynical/skeptical standards .

Personally my faith says the photo is real

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

If you'll notice, just the Laser beam itself is bent. Yet other details in the picture remain completely unaffected by the light bending properties of the intense gravity field. That is impossible!

I like how your answer beams of faith.

Nicest way I could put that.

It is a two dimensional picture . Do you know how far that laser is shining? Do you know all about the effects of the dual singularity drive? Where the event horizines are theoriticly located? Where safe is and where it aint inside the center of the vortex?

If anything it remain like most all of his story an improvable.... at least by cynical/skeptical standards .

Personally my faith says the photo is real

Actually the reason I didn't respond is because I fully expected the Boss to split this thread off into a debate on the facts I posted about the laser picture. But then JMS_Legacy did direct the thread in this direction, and he is the thread starter. So I guess its okay with him if we pursue this avenue of debate.

The distance the Laser is shining based on other factors in the photo suggest we are looking at a beam length of no larger than two feet.

None of us know about the effects of the dual singularity drive. Only what John told us.

I do know where the event horizons are theoretically located about a theoretical micro-singularity. The radius is so small that the odds of anything in our universe being affected by it are effectively zero. But everything that is actually known about micro-singularities is just theory and math on paper. No facts here.

As far as safety zones go, those micro-black-holes are so small that one could pass right thru the earth and never collide with anything. So micro-black-holes are perfectly safe at any distance. They are too small to interact with anything in our universe. But those are the theory aspects that the math guys come up with on paper.

Obviously you don't have anything of substance to actually challenge the observable facts on John's Laser picture.

titorite

Other factors include whatever you have faith in those factors to be. You do not know how far that beam shines in a two dimensional picture. You can not know. To bad it aint in 3D no?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

I am interested in facts. What facts are these? Your argument about the laser in the corvette is wrong. The C204 (supposedly) warps space around the car. This would leave a region of flat space in and around the car giving way to curved space further out. This effect is well-documented in case of the Alcubierre drive. There are two graphics in this article which show why the laser and the objects in the foreground would not be distorted.

What If NASA Could Figure Out the Math of a Workable Warp Drive? - Rebecca J. Rosen - The Atlantic

Also, as a matter of practicality, scientists have recently developed esoteric field effects which can bend the path of a laser. This is brand new and the idea was not around at the time of Titor's activity. I am not sure of the details, but this synthetic magnetism may be a hybrid unified field effect also present in Titor's C204.

Taming Mavericks: Stanford Researchers Use Synthetic Magnetism to Control Light | School of Engineering

What you are saying about the C204 is something you just made up. Typical of a Titor believer to make something up.

Your comparison of Titor's time machine to the Alcubierre drive is not valid at all. Titor made no reference to any similarity between his C204 time machine and the Alcubierre drive. And there is no documentation for a real Alcubierre drive. Just another fictional math paper designed for amusement amongst the scientific community.

There was no mention in the articles you posted of scientists being able to bend the path of a Laser beam. I did read an interesting article on how they deflected the path of one photon by controlling its speed and altering the electric current inside a photonic crystal though. Kind of like they were controlling the refraction index of the crystal electrically. But all this happened inside the crystal. They are claiming this behavior is synthetic magnetism. So what you are saying about bending the path of the Laser beam is something you made up.

Making stuff up is not going to change the fact that the guy in the Laser photo should be a puddle of mush. The laser photo was FAKED!

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Other factors include whatever you have faith in those factors to be. You do not know how far that beam shines in a two dimensional picture. You can not know. To bad it aint in 3D no?

It's not 2 miles if that is what you are trying to say. Nothing appears to be visible outside the car window in the original Laser photo. Knowing the exact distance and declination of that Laser beam would allow me to calculate the exact intensity of the gravity field necessary to produce that declination. But without any doubt at all, the observed intensity would crush any person into a puddle of mush.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
You make conclusions on complete speculation.

Tsk tsk.

There is no speculation at all as far as the facts that I presented. I can't change the physical laws in our universe. But apparently the guy that fabricated the Laser picture didn't know about those physical laws. It's too bad he didn't. It would have made for a more believable story if the Laser photo and the micro-black-holes were never introduced into the story.

sevensixtwo

If there was not a local region of flat spacetime, the fleshy body would be destroyed by the field. The graphics in the alcubierre article show what a local region of flatness looks like, not how the C204 works and I implied nothing of the sort.

Anything that can be done to one photon can be done to an ensemble of photons, which can be called a laser if they are coherent. Regarding my laser coments, I believe my words were, "I'm not sure but something may be the case." You are the one who is making things up when you say a field generated locally has to have local curvature effects. You are ignorant. You should change your name from Einstein to Palin and make this be your new avatar so people get a better idea of where you're coming from.

SARAH-PALIN-WINK-WINK-2012.jpg

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
If there was not a local region of flat spacetime, the fleshy body would be destroyed by the field. The graphics in the alcubierre article show what a local region of flatness looks like, not how the C204 works and I implied nothing of the sort.

Anything that can be done to one photon can be done to an ensemble of photons, which is called a laser. Regarding my laser coments, I believe my words were, "I'm not sure but something may be the case." You are the one who is making things up when you say a field generated locally has to have local curvature effects. You are ignorant. You should change your name from Einstein to Palin and make this be your new avatar so people get a better idea of where you're coming from.

SARAH-PALIN-WINK-WINK-2012.jpg

I'm quite aware that your knowledge of laws within our physical universe appears to be non-existent, just as John Titor's was.

Your assumptions about photons are an example of that lack of knowledge. I didn't find anything in the article you posted even suggesting that they were able to ramp up their experiment to encompass a group of photons. Suggesting a fabrication on your part.

One other thing I might mention. Please stick to the facts within John's story. And avoid attacking me personally. Thanks.