Debate John Titor's Laser Beam, real or not?

titorite

NO no Einstein , I feel ya, I get your faith.

The photo is not real.. It's ok. Whatever justification you need to fabricate in order to get by is fine by me.

I myself wont be pretending to be able to extrapolate distences and gravties and dimensions from a singular photograph but you may believe as you wish.... for that is what faith is for.

Anonynez

Might I add that the picture was from a training session and training is usually dialed down in order to prepare the trainee. Also, didn't JT say that something was built into the machine to protect the user inside of the vehicle. An "anti mush" that prevented the bending of space time inside the vehicle (I'm paraphrasing). Might I also add.....we're talking about Time Travel in the year 2036. It hasn't been invented yet which means whatever we know about quantum mechanics and the way things are "supposed to work" now OBVIOUSLY change. So, the rules of physics that we know of don't apply with regard to time travel in 2036 bc its 2012 and most people don't believe it's even possible. At one time in this world people thought the world was flat, never imagined we'd fly, never imagined we drive cars, never imagined we'd have handheld devices that swipe credit cards and make phone calls. Okay, so the laser beam doesn't make sense to you. That's perfectly okay, but there's no way you can assert a distance into the darkness of that grainy 2d picture. That laser beam could be shooting 9 miles into darkness. We have no idea, and to claim that you "know" is just reaching. I'm all about a good debate. Einstein makes good points, but theyre based on a lack of faith. Not facts. Because there are no facts with regard to the year 2034, or 2036.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Anonynez

Also, didn't JT say that something was built into the machine to protect the user inside of the vehicle. An "anti mush" that prevented the bending of space time inside the vehicle (I'm paraphrasing). Might I also add.....we're talking about Time Travel in the year 2036. It hasn't been invented yet which means whatever we know about quantum mechanics and the way things are "supposed to work" now OBVIOUSLY change.

No, John did not say anything of that nature. What he did say was that a 2 gee gravity field was present. The gravity field extends a short distance outside the transport vehicle used. So occupants would experience the effects of a 2 gee gravity field.

On John's timeline he claims time travel wasn't invented until I believe he said 2036. Different from our timeline, since time travel was invented here in the 1940's. And officials have been attempting to cover it up ever since.

Don't delude yourself into thinking that we will know more about physics by the time 2036 arrives. We wont. We'll know even less thanks to some unnamed entity that seem to be controlling what is taught in the schools. There is an ongoing coverup in the educational system in the math and science areas.

Okay, so the laser beam doesn't make sense to you. That's perfectly okay, but there's no way you can assert a distance into the darkness of that grainy 2d picture. That laser beam could be shooting 9 miles into darkness. We have no idea, and to claim that you "know" is just reaching. I'm all about a good debate. Einstein makes good points, but theyre based on a lack of faith. Not facts. Because there are no facts with regard to the year 2034, or 2036.

Let us use your distance of 9 miles. A laser beam will fall just like a bullet due to the influence of gravity. Of course 9 miles is way beyond the size of the gravity field John said his time machine would produce. But let's just see how far the laser beam falls. In one second light travels 186,282 miles. So divide 9 miles by 186,282 miles. The answer comes out to .000,048,314 seconds. That is the amount of time light takes to travel 9 miles. Now we have to use a 2 gee gravity field to bend the light or make it fall a specific distance. The formula is: distance = 1/2 acceleration times time squared. The acceleration is twice what we have on Earth. So the value would be 64 feet/ second^2. We have the value for acceleration and time. So now let's compute the distance the light will fall in a 2 gee gravity field. The value I get on my 10 digit calculator is .000,000,768 inches. So in 9 miles the curvature of that light beam is less than a millionth of an inch. I doubt very seriously that the human eye could detect any observable curvature at all. Yet the picture shows differently. In fact any reasonable distance you use for how far out the laser beam shines, will still come out with an undetectable amount of curvature on that light beam. Personally I would have chosen 4 feet as the optimal distance the laser beam shines. But then we are looking at an even smaller amount of curvature with a shorter distance. So whatever distance is chosen, the facts say that laser beam will look like it's straight as an arrow. My faith is in the facts. And the facts show the laser picture is fake.

Anonynez

Anonynez

Also, didn't JT say that something was built into the machine to protect the user inside of the vehicle. An "anti mush" that prevented the bending of space time inside the vehicle (I'm paraphrasing). Might I also add.....we're talking about Time Travel in the year 2036. It hasn't been invented yet which means whatever we know about quantum mechanics and the way things are "supposed to work" now OBVIOUSLY change.

No, John did not say anything of that nature. What he did say was that a 2 gee gravity field was present. The gravity field extends a short distance outside the transport vehicle used. So occupants would experience the effects of a 2 gee gravity field.

On John's timeline he claims time travel wasn't invented until I believe he said 2036. Different from our timeline, since time travel was invented here in the 1940's. And officials have been attempting to cover it up ever since.

Don't delude yourself into thinking that we will know more about physics by the time 2036 arrives. We wont. We'll know even less thanks to some unnamed entity that seem to be controlling what is taught in the schools. There is an ongoing coverup in the educational system in the math and science areas.

Okay, so the laser beam doesn't make sense to you. That's perfectly okay, but there's no way you can assert a distance into the darkness of that grainy 2d picture. That laser beam could be shooting 9 miles into darkness. We have no idea, and to claim that you "know" is just reaching. I'm all about a good debate. Einstein makes good points, but theyre based on a lack of faith. Not facts. Because there are no facts with regard to the year 2034, or 2036.

Let us use your distance of 9 miles. A laser beam will fall just like a bullet due to the influence of gravity. Of course 9 miles is way beyond the size of the gravity field John said his time machine would produce. But let's just see how far the laser beam falls. In one second light travels 186,282 miles. So divide 9 miles by 186,282 miles. The answer comes out to .000,048,314 seconds. That is the amount of time light takes to travel 9 miles. Now we have to use a 2 gee gravity field to bend the light or make it fall a specific distance. The formula is: distance = 1/2 acceleration times time squared. The acceleration is twice what we have on Earth. So the value would be 64 feet/ second^2. We have the value for acceleration and time. So now let's compute the distance the light will fall in a 2 gee gravity field. The value I get on my 10 digit calculator is .000,000,768 inches. So in 9 miles the curvature of that light beam is less than a millionth of an inch. I doubt very seriously that the human eye could detect any observable curvature at all. Yet the picture shows differently. In fact any reasonable distance you use for how far out the laser beam shines, will still come out with an undetectable amount of curvature on that light beam. Personally I would have chosen 4 feet as the optimal distance the laser beam shines. But then we are looking at an even smaller amount of curvature with a shorter distance. So whatever distance is chosen, the facts say that laser beam will look like it's straight as an arrow. My faith is in the facts. And the facts show the laser picture is fake.

Now THAT'S an answer! Awesome!

However; this photo
corv.jpg

and this photo
titor.jpg

Are not the same photo. Theres no question about that in my opinion. Except for the fact that they are both Corvettes...maybe? Either way, not the same photo. The interior of that model corvette will look the same in any picture taken of it.

Titor said they invented Time Travel in 2034. He trained in 2035, and Traveled in 2036.

As far as the distance of the laser, I was using 9 miles hypothetically. I think that 4 feet makes more sense. My point was that you didnt take the picture, and you dont know where the picture actually came from, so your argument is not "factual". Its assertion based on the evidence presented. As most of our banter is. If this were a court room, that would be my objection ;)

Im a believer and I can still say "i dont know". Ill admit that, but neither do you. NONE of us "KNOW". ;)

One thing Ill never do is insult you though, sir. Im not here to insult or demean.

titorite

This is very incorrect. The connectivity of the internet has uplefited us all . We are all much smarter for it. and getting smarter still.

Let us use your distance of 9 miles. A laser beam will fall just like a bullet due to the influence of gravity.

This is a bad comparison. A bullet is chemically propelled wheres as laser photons are more of a non chemical emission of energy....

sevensixtwo

Your assumptions about photons are an example of that lack of knowledge. I didn't find anything in the article you posted even suggesting that they were able to ramp up their experiment to encompass a group of photons. Suggesting a fabrication on your part.

You highlight your own physical ignorance by implying the principles governing one photon are different from those governing a coherent ensemble of therm.

Anonynez

And kind sir, how can you say we will not know anymore about Physics than we do now by the year 2036? Who'd have thought this time last year that CERN would've discovered the Higgs? Are you a fortune teller? It's rather narrow minded to assume we won't learn anything new or profound in the next 24 years? Ill admit that your equation was spot on, but someone that good with mathematics should be a little more open minded, I would think. Merely saying...no disrespect

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

This is very incorrect. The connectivity of the internet has uplefited us all . We are all much smarter for it. and getting smarter still.

Let us use your distance of 9 miles. A laser beam will fall just like a bullet due to the influence of gravity.

This is a bad comparison. A bullet is chemically propelled wheres as laser photons are more of a non chemical emission of energy....

I was referring to the educational system, not the internet. And it is the math and science areas that have been hit hard with misinformation. How would you know you are being taught incorrectly unless you question what you are taught? A man schooled in math and science from 100 years ago would have more usable knowledge in math and science, than someone taught today. There is something going on in the educational system creating this misinformation. But I don't know who or what is behind it all.

As for the comparison between a bullet and a light beam. I did portray an accurate analogy between the two phenomena acting under the influence of gravity. Perhaps you should study the effects of gravity more, so you can understand it better.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Your assumptions about photons are an example of that lack of knowledge. I didn't find anything in the article you posted even suggesting that they were able to ramp up their experiment to encompass a group of photons. Suggesting a fabrication on your part.

You highlight your own physical ignorance by implying the principles governing one photon are different from those governing a coherent ensemble of therm.

Perhaps you might change your mind if you acquainted yourself with the famous double slit experiment. Where it was discovered that a particle phenomena and a wave phenomena show distinct differences between each other.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
And kind sir, how can you say we will not know anymore about Physics than we do now by the year 2036? Who'd have thought this time last year that CERN would've discovered the Higgs? Are you a fortune teller? It's rather narrow minded to assume we won't learn anything new or profound in the next 24 years? Ill admit that your equation was spot on, but someone that good with mathematics should be a little more open minded, I would think. Merely saying...no disrespect

You're right. I can't know the future with any certainty. I'm just projecting based on current trends.

I have observed some intentional misinformation being taught in our schools. With that kind of damage to our knowledge base, we will have to overcome a tremendous handicap to actually advance.

My compliments on understanding the math. The math portrays how the laser picture should appear. If the picture was real. It has been suggested that the picture was made with a piece of fiber optic cable attached to the laser pointer to create the illusion.