Debate John Titor's legitimacy?

Harte

Thank you, Japrim. You obviously understood the point I was about to make, though was obviously able to make it much quicker. Again, thank you.
Temporal Recon
Astounding!

I had no idea at all that Titor's time-traveling Chevy device was powered by falling water!

What was it, a microsingularitywaterwheel?

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I also notice that my original challenge goes unanswered. I provided an intriguing (to some only, it would appear) mental exercise to divine the truth of the pen-laser photograph. Who will pick up the gauntlet? Are you not equipped?
Temporal Recon

You know I'm equipped. I'm simply no longer impressed. I respect people who are kind to others.

The only way to find out if the photograph is real is to try to recreate it, not blindly accept it is real. If it can be recreated, then
the odds of it being fake increases. If it cannot be duplicated, then the legitimacy increases.

John Titor has turned into a religion. Blind faith. The second coming of Titor. Miracles (i.e. the photo).

@Einstein Would you like to try to recreate the photo? I believe you'd be the person who has the equipment and knowledge to do so.

@temporal recon You missed MY request. "Perhaps you'd like to display your credentials".

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I also notice that my original challenge goes unanswered. I provided an intriguing (to some only, it would appear) mental exercise to divine the truth of the pen-laser photograph. Who will pick up the gauntlet? Are you not equipped?
Temporal Recon

You know I'm equipped. I'm simply no longer impressed. I respect people who are kind to others.

The only way to find out if the photograph is real is to try to recreate it, not blindly accept it is real. If it can be recreated, then
the odds of it being fake increases. If it cannot be duplicated, then the legitimacy increases.

John Titor has turned into a religion. Blind faith. The second coming of Titor. Miracles (i.e. the photo).

@Einstein Would you like to try to recreate the photo? I believe you'd be the person who has the equipment and knowledge to do so.

@temporal recon You missed MY request. "Perhaps you'd like to display your credentials".

The recreation of the laser photo already exists! But only for the curious. Probably a search using the WayBack machine of the old anomalies.net site before the forum was closed down by Olav. The recreated photo used a pen laser with a fiber optic cable attached.

Of course using a fiber optic cable dispels any belief that Titor's gravitational distortion unit was the cause of the bending of light.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Temporal Recon

The recreation of the laser photo already exists! But only for the curious. Probably a search using the WayBack machine of the old anomalies.net site before the forum was closed down by Olav. The recreated photo used a pen laser with a fiber optic cable attached.

Of course using a fiber optic cable dispels any belief that Titor's gravitational distortion unit was the cause of the bending of light.

I have a small laser and may be able to obtain a fiber optic cable. I'll talk to my husband. My goal really has nothing to do with Titor. My goal is to find out if the photo could be real or not. I don't think a fake photo automatically makes Titor a fake, however, it doesn't help his case much.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Here is an excellent example of laser light being bent by a fiber optic cable. No gravity distortion unit needed.

13153-green-lasers-fiber-optics-s5005770.jpg

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Also, we've already had the lensing discussion, I believe on TTI. I've already discussed this to death, so pardon me, Mr. TR, for not wanting to further your entertainment.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Here is an excellent example of laser light being bent by a fiber optic cable. No gravity distortion unit needed.

But it needs to be arched like in the photo.

If the fiber optic cable is flimsy, then I suppose invisible fishing line could be used to support it for a large arc. But as I recall, fiber optic cable comes in a variety of sizes. A thicker cable may just produce the desired arc using its own weight.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

But it needs to be arched like in the photo.

If the fiber optic cable is flimsy, then I suppose invisible fishing line could be used to support it for a large arc. But as I recall, fiber optic cable comes in a variety of sizes. A thicker cable may just produce the desired arc using its own weight.

Cameras today are very good, though. We would have to mimic the low light coniditions and not use flash. Too bad I don't have an old camera. hmmmm.....