1. Dismiss Notice

Kerr black holes( Roy Kerr

Discussion in 'John Titor's Legacy' started by AstrophysicsGirl, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:09 PM.

1. AstrophysicsGirl

AstrophysicsGirl Junior Member

Hi everyone :) I have read about John Titor posts on the forum . But I think it’s wicked cool that he did mention Kerr black holes on the forums . Kerr black holes are basically rotating black holes that are not charged and that rotates on a central axis . Roy Kerr by the way is a mathematician from New Zealand . Didn’t want to make the post too long . But I hope that my explanation made somewhat sense :)

Attached Files:

PaulaJedi likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Einstein

Einstein Temporal Engineer

The only problem with Black Holes is that they are just a theoretical mathematical construct. No definitive proof that they exist in our universe has been found. It does seem to me that the original inventor of the concept is not being given the credit he deserves either.

Of course no one has come forth with an explanation for the jet phenomena that we observe. Those rapidly rotating neutron stars spewing out jets of matter at their poles. It does seem that this could be the proof we need to show why we haven't found one credible candidate for a Black Hole. Mother nature doesn't allow matter to coalesce into a Black Hole.

Then the fact that matter is rapidly exiting at the poles doesn't seem to be following normal rules either. Since it would be more normal to see matter exiting at the rapidly rotating circumference of the neutron star due to centrifugal forces. It's almost like time was reversed.

TimeFlipper likes this.

4. PaulaJedi

PaulaJedi Survivor Premium

What do you believe makes a galaxy rotate?

Einstein likes this.

5. AstrophysicsGirl

AstrophysicsGirl Junior Member

Hi :) I love your profile pic and name :) . I’m majoring in Astrophysics and this is my first year . I often try not to get myself lost in trying to 100 percent To understand the universe , black holes , neutron stars , gravity , etc . But then again were human beings so of course were always gonna have questions and new theories and ideas .

TimeFlipper and Einstein like this.
  6. Einstein

Einstein Temporal Engineer

I don't have an opinion on that.

But one fact that does puzzle scientists is that the entire galaxy rotates as if it were a solid.

7. Harte

Harte Senior Member

Gravity makes galaxies rotate, like it makes almost everything else we see in space happen.

Harte

AstrophysicsGirl likes this.
  8. lamdo263

lamdo263 Junior Member

A kerr black hole, would be a non certain locality.This is all you have to know.

AstrophysicsGirl likes this.
  9. Harte

Harte Senior Member

What, exactly, is a "non certain locality?"

Harte