Media Kerry INSISTS Congress will approve a Military Strike against Syria!

Samstwitch

Kerry INSISTS that Congress will approve a Military Strike against Syria.

Kerry: Obama reserves the “right” to violate the Constitution and attack Syria without congressional approval.

The Obama Administration and U.S. Representatives continue to ignore claims by the Syrian Rebels (Al Qaeda) who have taken responsibility for the use of Chemical Weapons: Syrian Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack, ignored by Mainstream Media

Call/email/fax your Congressional Representatives and tell them NO to war in Syria! Say NO to War in Syria: How to contact Congress

Samstwitch

From Greta Van Susteren's Website (Fox News):
James Rosen states he was told that President Obama will carry out the military action regardless if Congress votes to approve use of force. See below the James Rosen note — it looks like military strikes even if Congress says NO to President Obama?

—-
A senior State Department official tells Fox News the president’s decision to take military action in Syria still stands, and will indeed be carried out, regardless of whether Congress votes next week to approve the use of such force.

The official said that every major player on the National Security Council – including the commander-in-chief – was in accord last night on the need for military action, and that the president’s decision to seek a congressional debate and vote was a surprise to most if not all of them. However, the aide insisted the request for Congress to vote did not supplant the president’s earlier decision to use force in Syria, only delayed its implementation.

“That’s going to happen, anyway,” the source told me, adding that that was why the president, in his rose Garden remarks, was careful to establish that he believes he has the authority to launch such strikes even without congressional authorization.

Other senior administration officials, outside of the Department of State, would not confirm as much, telling reporters only that the door had been left open for the president to proceed without congressional authorization.

This was confided by way of seeking to refute suggestions that Secretary of State Kerry “lost” to the chairman of the Joint chiefs of Staff in the interagency process. “Absolutely untrue,” the Kerry aide said, adding that everything Kerry said in his dramatic remarks on Friday was after “fully consulting with the White House.”

The State Department official emphasized that all of the president’s national security advisers were in agreement as of last night on the need to proceed with strikes – and that the president ultimately will.

This tracked with bulletins reporting that Kerry has spoken to the Syrian rebel leadership and conveyed to them the administration’s determination to respond to the August 21 attack.

James Rosen
Chief Washington Correspondent

Related Article:
Obama Will Ignore Congress And Attack Syria Anyway

Last edited:

TnWatchdog

Hollywood should make him a movie star. He would be great playing the part of a typical politician with a questionable service record. Of couse the movie would be a disaster.

Samstwitch

Kerry is not the issue. The issue here is that members of the Obama Administration are saying Obama will authorize a strike against Syria, even if Congress votes it down. I'd like to know what everyone thinks about that.

Last edited:

Khaos

where the wild things are
Kerry is not the issue. The issue here is that members of the Obama Administration are saying Obama will authorize a strike against Syria, even if Congress votes it down. I'd like to know what everyone thinks about that.

I posted my response to that on your blog post. If Congress denies Obama, and Obama strike anyways, its treason, and it calls for impeachment. And considering this is the same Congress that has shot down Obama in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if they motion towards impeachment.

There are members of congress who have already shown disapproval for striking Syria, that is a good sign.

You might say that Obama controls the Congress, well if he did, why would, hypothetically, they deny his military intervention request? ;)

Samstwitch

If you want insight into the real agenda here, if you want to know what's really going on, read the book listed in my Signature. If Congress votes No, and Obama strikes Syria, he will not be impeached. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Jeremiah

We're moving closer and closer towards the end folks. It's getting scarier every day out there. Stay safe everyone.