Last night I saw two Shooting Stars! I need to know...

Samstwitch

Shooting Star.jpg

Last night I went outside about 2 a.m. and when I looked up, I saw a Shooting Star. It's the first time I have ever seen one.

I was still looking up in the sky at the place where I had seen it, and about 15-20 seconds later, I saw another one in the same place. WOW, I thought! Seeing two in a row in the same place must mean something special, perhaps an omen! :cool:

So I am wondering, what are the Legends or Folklore about Shooting Stars? Isn't there something about making a wish when you see one?

I seem to recall something about that, but I wasn't sure...so I made a wish after seeing each one. Anyway, I'm curious. If anyone knows anything about legends involving Shooting Stars, please share with me.

Thanks,
~Sam~

TnWatchdog

I remember as a kid while on the way home from my grandparent's house my mom said, look...a shooting star...make a wish but don't tell anyone or it won't come true. It was so long ago, it is now seams legendary. I'm sure something like this has been passed down for years.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
View attachment 538

Last night I went outside about 2 a.m. and when I looked up, I saw a Shooting Star. It's the first time I have ever seen one.

I was still looking up in the sky at the place where I had seen it, and about 15-20 seconds later, I saw another one in the same place. WOW, I thought! Seeing two in a row in the same place must mean something special, perhaps an omen! :cool:

So I am wondering, what are the Legends or Folklore about Shooting Stars? Isn't there something about making a wish when you see one?

I seem to recall something about that, but I wasn't sure...so I made a wish after seeing each one. Anyway, I'm curious. If anyone knows anything about legends involving Shooting Stars, please share with me.

Thanks,
~Sam~

I remember as a kid while on the way home from my grandparent's house my mom said, look...a shooting star...make a wish but don't tell anyone or it won't come true. It was so long ago, it is now seams legendary. I'm sure something like this has been passed down for years.

TnWatchdog - I was told the same story as a kid, by my father.

Octavusprime

I also grew up wishing on shooting stars. I still do to this day.

On 121212 at 530 am I saw two shooting stars above Northern Cali, one of which was the biggest and longest burning ones I've ever seen. At first I was alarmed due to the ominous date. I see them somewhat regularly but I'm always up before the sun comes up and also late at night. I'm constantly looking at the stars. If I'm outside at night my eyes are drawn upwards. Still havent seen a UFO since I was very young. Hoping I get lucky one of these days. Living under a major airport doesn't help but I've gotten good at identifying the various planes and copters. To be honest all a true UFO would have to do is provide a blinking light and not make any drastic movement and anyone looking would say it was a plane.