Debate Law of attraction to attract time travel

Pegii

Then we have found common ground pertaining to the topic of the Law of Attraction, at least.

I maintain that the Law of Attraction works best (that is, works,) when it compels the person using it to do, create or find the thing he's trying to attract.

Harte
I agree with you :)
Then you and I are on the same wavelength - neither of us believe Atlantis existed, and both of us understand that there is nothing mystical or magical about the Law of Attraction, rather it relies entirely on self motivation; like "The Little Engine That Could," it's more like the Law of I Think I can, I Think I Can...

Harte
I believe that too

TimeFlipper

Then we have found common ground pertaining to the topic of the Law of Attraction, at least.

I maintain that the Law of Attraction works best (that is, works,) when it compels the person using it to do, create or find the thing he's trying to attract.

Harte
I agree with you :)
Then you and I are on the same wavelength - neither of us believe Atlantis existed, and both of us understand that there is nothing mystical or magical about the Law of Attraction, rather it relies entirely on self motivation; like "The Little Engine That Could," it's more like the Law of I Think I can, I Think I Can...

Harte
I agree with you that the individual can summon up his or hers motivation to change that persons life mate :)

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Harte - Are you becoming more transparent with your posts? Or am I just understanding you better? Both, maybe?

Why do I ask? I'm starting to agree more with your later posts than your earlier ones on this Law of Attraction topic. :)

Harte

@Harte - Are you becoming more transparent with your posts? Or am I just understanding you better? Both, maybe?

Why do I ask? I'm starting to agree more with your later posts than your earlier ones on this Law of Attraction topic. :)

The Law of Attraction, as advertised, is bunk, of course.

The use of it I described is the only legitimate way it will work. Before scam artists started selling books to the naive about it, the "Law of Attraction" was called self-motivation.

I'm just trying to be careful - last year I cracked a joke and offended all the snowflakes on the board.

Harte

Pegii

The Law of Attraction, as advertised, is bunk, of course.

The use of it I described is the only legitimate way it will work. Before scam artists started selling books to the naive about it, the "Law of Attraction" was called self-motivation.

I'm just trying to be careful - last year I cracked a joke and offended all the snowflakes on the board.

Harte
I know what you're saying. But it won't kill to try right

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Harte - Wishing, hoping, and feeling good about an idea alone cannot manifest success in your direction. Again, I agree with you if that's what you're saying.

My only concern is that if one is able to read between the lines of certain interpretations of the Law of Attraction, like watching The Secret (2006 film) in its entirety, they do say that action is absolutely required. And that, of course, depends on the situation. For instance, adequately applying the Law of Attraction was able to cure a proponent of complete paralysis and other serious injuries sustained from a plane crash. His name: Morris E. Goodman (AKA "The Miracle Man").

Pegii

@Harte - Wishing, hoping, and feeling good about an idea alone cannot manifest success in your direction. Again, I agree with you if that's what you're saying.

My only concern is that if one is able to read between the lines of certain interpretations of the Law of Attraction, like watching The Secret (2006 film) in its entirety, they do say that action is absolutely required. And that, of course, depends on the situation. For instance, adequately applying the Law of Attraction was able to cure a proponent of complete paralysis and other serious injuries sustained from a plane crash. His name: Morris E. Goodman (AKA "The Miracle Man").
It's a combination of positive healing and getting off your ass and doing something. For example I use the law of attraction for lucid dreaming but I also use certain methods to help me.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Pegii - Agreed. I just found out that, apparently, Goodman's wife Cathy, who "miraculously healed" herself from breast cancer years ago, eventually died from the disease some years later. I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not, but, depending on the situation, (if it is true) I think Cathy should have done some more sacrifice, whether it be advocating for more intensive prayer or having some sort of medical procedure. I'm not sure, but if it's true, Cathy should have sacrificed something, or done something more than what she did.

Pegii

The law of attraction is half of the goal. For example if I wanted a job I would pray but I would also go to interviews and so on and so forth.

Pegii

@Pegii - Agreed. I just found out that, apparently, Goodman's wife Cathy, who "miraculously healed" herself from breast cancer years ago, eventually died from the disease some years later. I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not, but, depending on the situation, (if it is true) I think Cathy should have done some more sacrifice, whether it be advocating for more intensive prayer or having some sort of medical procedure. I'm not sure, but if it's true, Cathy should have sacrificed something, or done something more than what she did.
It reminds me of this joke my brother told me.
A man prays to God;
'God please make me rich.'
Nothing happens. But still the man prays and prays. But to no prevail. Finally on the 365th day of praying God bursts out of the sky and angrily roars;
'Would it kill you to buy a lottery ticket?!' :mad:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: