Leininger Reincarnation Case

cmac

James Leininger, is a young man with many memories that seem to be of a WWII pilot killed in action. At a very young age, he was fascinated by WWII planes and was drawing pictures and telling stories of air battles against enemy planes. His knowledge of these planes and of the aircraft carriers was stunning at such a young age. His parents weren't believers in reincarnation when this all began to play out, but seem to have a much different take today.

The following video aired on Fox 8 News in Cleveland, Ohio

A World War II Pilot's family believes it is their reincarnated brother based on the child's memories.

The boy's story is so compelling, it has been published in a new book called "Soul Survivor."

The story of this boy has been the main topic on a few Coast to Coast Am shows. Here is a link to one program: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2009/06/22
here is a second: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2008/04/07

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Thanks for posting this Cmac.

I keep reading everywhere about reincarnation and I'm still having a hard time explaining all this stuff to myself. I'm aware it's a likely possibility but we're so conditioned to believe in anything else than reincarnation and such that I'm having trouble to perceive every details properly.

Let's assume for a few minutes that reincarnation actually takes place and that it's the way we believe the universe works for sure. Why does this young man knows information from his past life, while I don't have any from my own past life ? I understand it might depends on my consciousness level and many other things, but I still hardly understand how some people have access to past life knowledge compared to other people who don't.

Can I become aware of events I experienced in a past life ? How can I do that ?

cmac

Well you could look into a past life regression with a hypnotherapist. I hear though that you need to go a few times before you have anything profound happen with a session. Plus it is hard to tell what turns up in the session what it means exactly. Whether it is purely something in your subconscious or a true past life experience, from your subconscious. It is open to speculation. But it would be interesting to find out.

Hypothetically, what if we all have many past lives, but we come into each life with little to no memory of those lives, so that we can focus on this one lifetime, and the lessons and growth in that lifetime? Maybe knowing things from your past would interfere with the your current life. Say if you knew everything from even one past life, that would be a lot to handle. I've heard many times that children between 2 and 6 often talk about things that seem to be about another persons life, or say things as if they were an adult before. One of my own daughters used to speak often like this, as if she was talking about being an adult before. She is 6 now, and has stopped saying things like that now. It's interesting. I've had some other friends share similiar stories of their kids sharing stories about when they were someone else before.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Knowing stuff from a past life would definitely interfere with one's current life, I couldn't agree more. Reincarnation would likely take place in such a way that an individual is supposed to increase its consciousness and such from life to life until he reaches a proper level to leave the cycle. I think that knowing about those past experiences just couldn't fit in this theory, what do you think ?

Knowing bits of information shouldn't do anything though. About those kids, they likely don't know these info consciously so it can't really harm anyone's personal development regarding consciousness level.

I didn't hear much stories like that one you said about kids. I wish I did.

cmac

Well, you have to remember also, that when you are a kid, this is just part of you. You don't realize that it is something that is different than anyone else. You likely just believe it is part of being human, that others have these types of memories also. No one has conditioned you that this isn't possible. It is just a part of them, just like being hungry and wanting food, or needing to urinate. You just know that these thoughts and memories are there. This doesn't become strange to you, until people around you start acting a certain way about it. Telling you that it isn't real, it is your imagination and the typical things society places upon us, when something doesn't fit the current paradym or generally accepted way of thinking.

Our brain will only store bits of information that are deemed important. If society is telling you this stuff can't be, that it is your imagination, then before long, this information will be deemed unimportant and not remembered or any other similiar stuff brought out. When it is just some minor things, a kid is saying, that seem strange, I'm sure no one thinks much about it. But when a kid is telling about things that he could have no way to know, can't even read yet, and his parents haven't taught him about, but yet he knows about, that is a whole other ballgame as they say.

Interesting to hear these type of reports, everyone can decide for themselves what it means.

thedude

When the reincarnation is of a family member there are other possibilities like transference of memories through the DNA. Now I know that their are built in instincts which have to do with memory but I'm not entirely sure how it all works. In any case seems possible that a person could have the built in instincts or even memories inherited. The memories have to have a way to survive the trip or else it would just be clairvoyance.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
i have never been able to believe this is real. there is so much around us we are oblivious to its scary. whos to say its not a person in another plane of exsistance trying to tell us somethin, give a warning, save a life. we just don't know but we sure have sometnin to learn befor we say its not true for sure.

Rosco..Jones

Just a few comments on reincarnation. The common view has one living a life and at a later time living another. The concept of simultaneous time throws a bit of a twist to this. With parallel timelines and pasts, presents and futures all existing NOW reincarnation is not necessarily a sequential time-wise process. You have different lives taking place in different times or timelines, but in one sense these are occurring simultaneously. Memories of a past life are an awareness of another life being lived now in a different time. Also, in choosing the next life you live, you are free to choose a life taking place in what we see as the past. Google "simultaneous time" for a better explanation of this idea.

Krish

Knowing stuff from a past life would definitely interfere with one's current life, I couldn't agree more. Reincarnation would likely take place in such a way that an individual is supposed to increase its consciousness and such from life to life until he reaches a proper level to leave the cycle. I think that knowing about those past experiences just couldn't fit in this theory, what do you think ?

Knowing bits of information shouldn't do anything though. About those kids, they likely don't know these info consciously so it can't really harm anyone's personal development regarding consciousness level.

I didn't hear much stories like that one you said about kids. I wish I did.

I agree. In each cycle, we have to do new and original stuff...knowing the past will cause all kinds of trouble.

I know my past and in one case, I did not want to know as I was an imbecile king....long long ago...so sad...I would not put my enemies in that role...and then I become a doctor to help out the poor...next life...