Let's suppose that the Earth really is hollow. What's the quickest path to enter?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Seismic waves do show the earth is solid at it's core.

Finally, a Solid Look at Earth's Core
Ah. I see I've been mistaken.
Apparently, the hole only opens to another dimension where the inner Earth is if you're allowed in.
I assume that would explain why there wasn't an actual physical hole described by Admiral Byrd.
He made it sound as though everything just appeared.

Dont worry about being mistaken, Einstein blew my knowledge of the Earths Core into little pieces!! :LOL:

I owe Einstein one favour now...Now what can i get him on, maybe something mathematical perhaps?? :whistle: :D

Well, I didn't fact check the article I posted. It wouldn't surprise me if someone made the whole thing up.

TimeFlipper

Ah. I see I've been mistaken.
Apparently, the hole only opens to another dimension where the inner Earth is if you're allowed in.
I assume that would explain why there wasn't an actual physical hole described by Admiral Byrd.
He made it sound as though everything just appeared.

Dont worry about being mistaken, Einstein blew my knowledge of the Earths Core into little pieces!! :LOL:

I owe Einstein one favour now...Now what can i get him on, maybe something mathematical perhaps?? :whistle: :D

Well, I didn't fact check the article I posted. It wouldn't surprise me if someone made the whole thing up.

Oh for goodness sake Einstein, get your act together quickly :p :D

I cant stop the hit man now from terminating my ex school teacher!! ::LOL::

FFS go and check it out now please!! :LOL:..

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

Oh for goodness sake Einstein, get your act together quickly :p :D

I cant stop the hit man now from terminating my ex school teacher!! ::LOL::

FFS go and check it out now please!! :LOL:..

It's nap time for me. Just call your bank and deny payment to your Hit Guy. I understand they wont do the job without money.

Justine

I'm wondering how someone could enter without having to go to Antarctica. I've heard there are extra tunnels.
You would first need hidden knowledge and be part of the alien agenda. After that there are many entrances to the worldwide network of tunnels and underground bases such as Dulce base which is central to them all. You can either go there as a hive mind malevolent or be kidnapped, transported, caged with 1000's of other humans and then finally harvested, placed into cold storage and eventually consumed there.

samzeman

Thanks for blowing up my long held belief that at the centre of the Earths core is a huge inferno of boiling Magma! :eek:

I will contact my school science master who is a very sprightly 96 year old guy with a dementia free brain...I will inform him that i have put a hit on him for feeding me erroneous explanations of the Earths Core!! :D

sorry to bump this ancient thread but i couldnt resist the teachable moment cause i'm a geology student.... yes, the core is magma, but it's under such pressure that it's a solid. the mantle is more liquid, but still flows extremely slowly (albeit with extreme force, hence everything to do with tectonic plates moving around and being the size of half a planet). Lava flows as fast as molten rock ever naturally does.

we can tell, allegedly (haven't done the experiment myself i must admit, and this is the mainstream science explanation, so if you don't believe that then don't believe this) that the deepest part in the very middle (core) is effectively solid because of complicated earthquake reasons. I'll try to explain.

When two tectonic plates hit each other, rub past each other, or a large volcano erupts (or multiple of these happening at once), they make an earthquake. The vibrations from the earthquake (as we know) travel along the surface of the planet and mess with things in a major way. However, the mantle underneath the crust is liquid and conducts the vibrations pretty well as well, all the way to the other side of the planet.

I gotta go into more detail to explain how we know the core is solid though.

The vibrations created by an earthquake are both types of wave. There are more, but this is enough to explain with.... Primary waves, called P-waves, and Secondary waves called S-waves. Primary waves are longitudinal, which means they squish up and don't go up and down, like this:
P-wave_animation.gif

Secondary waves are transverse, so they go up and down like this:
368La1qZAv72gy7waQzoK7Q37vBmJiQDASLi5aabpc48s4Kuyuu1js2P3CheHyfL5QNayVRBMB6QX94ivKRTb6W3

This is relevant because S waves can't travel through solids; the molecules just don't move like that. P waves can travel just fine through solids, which is why you can hear sounds through walls (sound waves are like P waves), but why a wave in the ocean (which is like an S wave but in water) will stop when it hits one of those erosion preventing wooden things (i just found out they're called groynes... TMYK).

So, the reason why I can't do the experiment myself is that you need very sensitive earthquake sensors all over the world. As I said before, when an earthquake happens it sends these waves through the planet itself under the crust. On the other side of the planet, you can detect P waves but no S waves. In fact, you can detect at various points, various amounts of waves, and figure out the entire inside of the planet from that. Like this!

shadow-2.png

The shadow in P-waves is because the core is denser, and so the waves refract. When a wave enters a denser material, it bends a little, which is why light can be bent by lenses. Also, the reason the waves are bending in the mantle is that the mantle gets denser as you get deeper, because there is more weight pressing on it and compressing it. But even if the mantle was all the same density you'd see basically the same effect.

Kairos

I wonder what is the farthest practical depth that relatively large caverns are possible. Also, what is the temperature gradient? How deep do you have to go before the temperature starts requiring specialized suits and so forth.

Kairos

Just a little bit of digging here..

Says the temperature gradient is about 35°C for every 1 km. So assuming you'd probably need suits after around 32°, and the temperature near the surface is the same as groundwater (about 16°), then any cavern environment would become quite inhospitable after about 1 km (really before you even reached that).

Mahadragon

The main entrances to the hollow Earth would supposedly be at the poles.

I wonder how deep underneath sea level the surface of the inner Earth would be.

I still have a hard time with gravity inside the hollow Earth...

Inside the earth is a small sun. There is a gravitational field around this sun that pulls in everything, space dust, rocks, water, etc. It's roughly 8 miles thick. If you were walking on the inside of the earth, you would be held in place by the gravitational force the same as if you were walking on the outside of the earth.

As far as entrances, I cannot confirm the existence as I have not been through any of them. I can tell you areas that supposedly hold entrances to the center of the earth besides Antarctica: The north pole, underneath the Pyramids in Egypt, Mammoth Caves in Kentucky, the Grand Canyon, and a buddhist temple in Tibet. The temple in Tibet is very small and in the middle of nowhere. It is heavily guarded by many monks. I believe there was also an entrance at one of the National Parks in Utah although the name escapes me at the moment. There are many more entrances, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head.

If you did make the trek into the center of the earth, at one point you would become weightless as you reached the center of the gravitational field.

I can only assume that Admiral Byrd's account of central beings is true and that they are wary of outsiders and possess technology that block us from conventional and easy access. I can only assume that Operation High Jump was an attempt to enter or remove the beings blocking our entrance.

Last edited: