Debate Let's talk coffee...

Justinian

Like the title says; Let's talk coffee. Which brand is your favorite? What do you put in it? Does flavor/brand even matter to you, or do you just like the caffeine jolt?

Justinian

I'll go first since it's my post. I'm just a caffeine fiend, so brand doesn't usually matter. But I like it dark, and strong. I like it to look like motor oil. But I always start with my OCD. I put sugar first, then creamer into my cup. Then I pour the coffee in. I find that if you put the creamer first, when you put the coffee in, it melts the sugar and then the creamer just gets plastered to the bottom. So, sugar first, then creamer and it avoids this problem. I'm not a stirrer kind of guy. I just pour in the coffee, and let it do it's thing.

I've found lately that the arabic and turkish blends are usually what I like the most.

TnWatchdog

I always told people that I knew I was getting older when I couldn't wait to go to sleep and wake up for my coffee. I got the Keurig system to make coffee, which I like. I like my coffee straight up black...no cream or sugar for me as I am a coffeeholic. I do like flavored coffee from time to time and find that McDonalds has the best cup of coffee...IMO Too much coffee and I get wired!

Earthmasque

Mine's black, usually. Sometimes on special days I'll add a little Irish Cream. Or maybe some Frangelico.

I drink what's cheap on most days but several times a year I'll grind some beans.
Right now I have a few beans left of some pretty good stuff. It's called Sumatran Mandheling, whatever that is.

Sumatra is where that feline lives that eats the coffee plant pods and defecates out the beans, which are used then to make what I've heard is a very special cup of joe.

I don't think my Sumatran brand is the same stuff but I'd have to say I wouldn't care if it was - I ain't throwing it out!

laurabest

I love black coffee,too.
But I don't always drink it, because when I have a cup of coffee on the day, I will have a exciting head to the midnight.