Lightening Strikes

titorite

Years ago their was a lightning storm outside. Me and my mom turned off the tv and opened the door to watch. As we were watching , at one point a white light entered through the door and encompassed the whole room and us too...and it lasted several seconds. We could see nothing but white. then it went away. My first question was if we were dead. We wern't but whoa.... unforgetable experience.

I think what happened was a massive but low voltage strike. nothing was affected, but man... heaven must look something like that.

Ayasano

Years ago their was a lightning storm outside. Me and my mom turned off the tv and opened the door to watch. As we were watching , at one point a white light entered through the door and encompassed the whole room and us too...and it lasted several seconds. We could see nothing but white. then it went away. My first question was if we were dead. We wern't but whoa.... unforgetable experience.

I think what happened was a massive but low voltage strike. nothing was affected, but man... heaven must look something like that.

It could also have been ball lightning, which is no longer just a myth as of January, when Northwest Normal University in Lanzhou, China published the results of their study.

Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 035001 (2014) - Observation of the Optical and Spectral Characteristics of Ball Lightning

TimeFlipper

The white light was trying to find a way into your TV because you never made a joining plug from your TV that goes into an earthing point, so you and your mom became that earthing point...Next time you might not be so lucky..fit an earthing point onto your TV :)

TimeFlipper

This gives a new meaning to a hotspot. Has anyone been struck in the head by lightning? We won't hold it against you.

Post all your lightning encounters here.
They must have been wearing rubber soles and heels on their shoes Dawg..Shall i make some rubber shoes for your paws and send them over to you? :D

TnWatchdog

I use to dream of lightning strikes that would kill you if you went outside...seeking you out.
I ran across this article from earlier this year.
upload_2016-12-11_19-55-19.jpeg
During the three-day period of May 12 to May 14, 67 people died fromlightning strikes in Bangladesh. Altogether, 132 people died in May after being hit bylightning, according to the Foundation for Disaster Forum, a Dhaka-based disaster preparedness network.Jun 22, 2016
Bangladesh Declares Lightning Strikes a Disaster as Deaths ...