Looking For Genuine Time Travellers

DFLYNN

Hey guys,

I'm looking to have a conversation with a genuine time traveller. I've got so many questions to ask, as I'm starting out new at this.

All are welcome.

Dflynn

AAA

I'm looking to have a conversation with a genuine time traveller.

What if you really were an authentic time traveler that had not yet traveled?

How would you know without discovering some kind of evidence of your mission?

If you had indeed found such evidence, up to the point where you were about to travel back, how could you be sure it was you and not someone else or another you from another world-line?

If you had discovered a large body of such evidence in form of cryptic and ambiguous text, would you be able to tell for sure whether it was you, someone pretending to be you, or someone trying to send you a message?

If no one told you or were to deprive you of the truth or assistance, how would you obtain proper confirmation?

If it were in the context of something enormously influential for billions of people, how could you come out into the open without causing a great deal of controversy or strife?

If you had missed your 'previous' departure date, what effects would it have on the fabric of time or yourself?

What would be the psychological effect of such a set of unique circumstances?

What would it be like experiencing complete total disorientation as a result of getting lost somewhere in time?

How would anyone cope with such a big challenge with no assistance or definitive frame of reference whatsoever?

Can travel be used to ruin or murder someone?

Last edited:

Ayasano

If you had missed your 'previous' departure date, what effects would it have on the fabric of time or yourself?

Assuming you're not in a multiple timeline system where no paradox would occur anyway, I've always assumed that the chance for a paradox of that kind to arise would never occur.

Let's say "future you" appears and says something to "present you". At some point in the future, "present you" becomes "future you" by travelling back in time and repeating whatever was said to "present you", thus causing a stable time loop. (And an ontological paradox, but that's a separate discussion not relevent to this example)

The obvious paradox is for "present you" to see "future you", but decide not to travel back later. I think in such a scenario, the original "future you" would never have shown up in the first place. Rather than looking at time as something that can be changed, look at it as something already fixed in place. Whatever has happened will always happen. If you were going to decide to not travel back, you never showed up in the first place.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, but I think that solution causes the least amount of problems from a Physics and Philosophy standpoint.

Oh, and I'm also not a time traveller, just to avoid any confusion. :D

DFLYNN

I'm looking to have a conversation with a genuine time traveller.

What if you really were an authentic time traveler that had not yet traveled?

How would you know without discovering some kind of evidence of your mission?

If you had indeed found such evidence, up to the point where you were about to travel back, how could you be sure it was you and not someone else or another you from another world-line?

If you had discovered a large body of such evidence in form of cryptic and ambiguous text, would you be able to tell for sure whether it was you, someone pretending to be you, or someone trying to send you a message?

If no one told you or were to deprive you of the truth or assistance, how would you obtain proper confirmation?

If it were in the context of something enormously influential for billions of people, how could you come out into the open without causing a great deal of controversy or strife?

What would be the psychological effect of such a set of unique circumstances?

What would it be like experiencing complete total disorientation as a result of getting lost somewhere in time?

How would anyone cope with such a big challenge with no assistance or definitive frame of reference whatsoever?

Can travel be used to ruin or murder someone?

Are you suggesting that in another timeline I have already time travelled - I'm just unaware of it in this timeline? Evidence is a hard one, so many sites force people to reveal their evidence, but I'm less interested in that. I'm willing to try anything so I need to hear from people who have done it before so I can adopt some of their methods and intertwine them with my own.

DFLYNN

We're all time travelers. What do you want to know? :D
I'm more or less wanting to know how to build a time machine. I think I've been approaching this wrong for so long (trying to build a physical mechanical time machine). But I think I need to move on and develop less traditional ways of time travel - things I haven't explored yet. I was hoping someone here would be able to guide me in the right path

Ayasano

We're all time travelers. What do you want to know? :D
I'm more or less wanting to know how to build a time machine. I think I've been approaching this wrong for so long (trying to build a physical mechanical time machine). But I think I need to move on and develop less traditional ways of time travel - things I haven't explored yet. I was hoping someone here would be able to guide me in the right path

Personally, I'm of the opinion that a physical machine is the only way to go, because finding a naturally ocurring CTC on Earth is, well...pretty unlikely, if it would even be possible at all. (And as for all that astral travel stuff...I'm not even going to go there)

The first step of building a physical time machine is to discover a form of matter that has negative energy density, a.k.a. negative mass. That has the happy side effect of winning you a Nobel Prize and shaking up the very foundations of Physics as we know it. So, you know, no pressure. :D