Lose 2 lb per week

medostar85

Hello all,
I have been doing 5 : 2 for 16 weeks and have lost 20 3/4 pounds. I am 58 and want to lose a lot of weight before my 60th birthday next September. Actually I lost 14 pounds with Weight Watchers in the two months leading up to Christmas so all in all now down 34 3/4 pounds. Feeling good zumba weight loss.

I do a lot of exercise each week but it is all fairly low key because I am still 5 stone(70 lbs) overweight. When I started this diet I hoped to lose 2 lb per week, this did not happen. So I am seeking others who really want to find out what will succeed in achieving this goal in a healthy way. I know there are lots of you out there who are achieving this weekly goal losing weight home.

Firstly I have discovered that you cannot be the sort of person who say’s ” I can’t give up milk in my porridge or sugar in my tea’ I was that person but I have since given up milk in my porridge and only drink fruit or green tea. Basically I believe it can be done if you are determined and focused upon a weekly goal. Yes there will be slip ups along the way, we are human after all losing weight world.

If you are impatient like me and happy to try anything, join me here to share ‘what works for you’

I have just started doing ‘back to back’ fasts B2B and am prepared to do 4 : 3 or even alternate day fasting( for a maximum period of 3 months) if this helps me achieve my goal. I have set my monthly goal at 7 lbs to allow for contingencies extreme losing weight.

One golden rule, fasting is dangerous to your health if you don’t drink enough. I have four pints of water per day plus hot drinks. I personally don’t go below 500 cals per fasting day, eaten at dinner – mostly I have miso soup midday. I mainly eat fresh fish and vegetables. I used to eat a lot of fruit but now only eat low carb fruits e.g. Berries.
I have just started using zero noodles which are great cooked up with prawns Weight loss & Fitness.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The only successful method that worked for me was to just stop eating. I quit eating for 2 weeks. Lost 20 pounds. And that is the only method where I didn't rapidly reacquire the weight afterwards.

medostar85

The only successful method that worked for me was to just stop eating. I quit eating for 2 weeks. Lost 20 pounds. And that is the only method where I didn't rapidly reacquire the weight afterwards.

OMG 2 weeks with out eating, i think its so hard to still 2 weeks with out eat :D

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

OMG 2 weeks with out eating, i think its so hard to still 2 weeks with out eat :D

Not really. Just the first three days. After that the regular hunger urge times stop. Then it was easy. Just consider it to be fasting for your health.

medostar85

Not really. Just the first three days. After that the regular hunger urge times stop. Then it was easy. Just consider it to be fasting for your health.

by the way, i think fasting is the best way to lose weight healthy

TnWatchdog

by the way, i think fasting is the best way to lose weight healthy
Yeah...last November I had a heart attack and chose, in the hospital, to just have soup...since I was in the ICU for a week, plugged in everywhere, and I lost weight and felt great. I had a strange reaction to just thinking about greasy food. lol

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I've fasted in the hospital for a week, only on IV from pancreatitis. The hunger feeling does go away after about 2 days. I only lost 7 lbs that week even though I had zero food and was puking constantly.

Right now I'm doing under 100g of carbs per day (no sugar or flour products). Losing average of 2 lbs per week, but I suddenly gained 4 lbs out of the blue that I'm working to get off. I'm very active. The weight loss is SOOO SLOOOW but it's happening so I can't complain.

I went down a clothing size!!! :) I feel better knowing I'm eating healthy as well.

TimeFlipper

I've fasted in the hospital for a week, only on IV from pancreatitis. The hunger feeling does go away after about 2 days. I only lost 7 lbs that week even though I had zero food and was puking constantly.

Right now I'm doing under 100g of carbs per day (no sugar or flour products). Losing average of 2 lbs per week, but I suddenly gained 4 lbs out of the blue that I'm working to get off. I'm very active. The weight loss is SOOO SLOOOW but it's happening so I can't complain.

I went down a clothing size!!! :) I feel better knowing I'm eating healthy as well.
How is everything going for you now Paula? :)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Took me a month to lose 2 more lbs. Oh well. As long as it goes down. :)

TimeFlipper

Took me a month to lose 2 more lbs. Oh well. As long as it goes down. :)
Nice one Paula :)