magic

Bernard

Re: magic

I have read that invitation....You sign away any right to complain or set the record straight....he can use footage anyway he wants and you have to stick with it.

It is fine if you are doing psyhic research but all he wants to do is to put psychics down and make sensational tv programming.

Not for the likes of me......and no I am not scared....I would not claim to be psychic even but I am certainly not stupid either.

Bernard
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Keroscene\")</div>
That's not the only way to get money from magic.

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html[/b]

Maggot7

Re: magic

Thats not magic that just some silly trick I used to be in to witchcraft now thats real magic but u have to be careful while practicing witchcraft because it can be dangerous

Anybody willing to define what they mean by "magic"? No, I'm not talking what you see in Vegas, or on t.v. shows that show "illusions" from "misdirection" to "grand illusions", I mean what most people don't think really exists or if one does, they are put into the group of "Satan worshipers", "black magicians", "witches", "warlocks", and the list gooes on, or at least the Inquisition thought so, and may still do today. I'm speaking of the various "books of magic", owned by any wizard, necromancer, even a few kings, noteably Solomon, had one to summonns "demons" to "their beck and call". Many libraries in Europe have "them", if one can believe what one reads, or second editions at best. What I have are mere copies of copies, a couple in Latin but most in French or German and are locked away in a climate controlled environment of a local university rare book collection. So, just what are we talking about when the term "magic" is used?

"Magic", I don't call what one sees in a good Vegas club show "magic". "It has 3 purposes, to produce, to protect, and to destroy.( "The Practice of Magical Evocation", Franz Bardon) Illusion, misdirection, any number of words will do but talk about still being effected by time, space, gravity, etc, and it is not close to "magic", as practiced by wizards, witches, necromancers, magus/magi, witch doctors, just name your culture and there is someone there that practices "something"defined by the locals as "magic". To go to an extreme, some clain Christ was a "magician" because of his ability to manipulate the world around him, the walking on water was something any magician would sell his soul for to be able to do. Yes, as for selling ones soul, the Devil has long held sway over "magic" when used for "ill purposes", some called it "black magic", favorite tool of witches and wizards, supposedly. "Magic" was ssimply that, neutral, as for what intended to be done with it, made it "white' or "black" magic. Some say that sorcery was the calling for the elite magicans, sorta like the 3 DEGREES of Masonary. Necromancy was for those not only brave beyond understanding but terribly feared by most sane people. Who would summon the dead, or raise them directtly from the grave, to ask them questions ,which might seem like folly, but had a purpose. If "magic" is still practiced, as it was believed to have been done by the ancients, it is done in private and if with others, say13 total, then it is kept secret. We aren't still burning witches but who knows, it might catch back on.

Perhaps I was too esoteric or that there are no believers running around reading what other post, let alone commenting on such an obscure topic. No, it's not current, nor fashionable to discuss, perhaps we should just let it die a peaceful death from lack of interest?

CarpeNemo

To me, magick is simply a tool - not the material the people are trying to make. I think what it takes to cause strange things to happen is willpower, and that magick is nothing more than the tool people use to set their minds in line with what they're trying to do.

That's just my take on it. But I'm not so well studied in the witchcraft and arcane areas.

Magic is neutral, my opinion, it's the folks that use it as to whether you have a person working ffor the welfare of others or somebody who is feared and hated. Unless one has no regards for the consequences and will literally pay anything to get what a magician can bring them, so to speak.

Thought this was a place to discuss "magic", not the kind one sees in Vegas, but actual "magic", as defined by different cultures through history. If anyone is interested to talk about it, just throw a black cat against yon wall. I'll know as well will the cat.