Magnets and the thrid eye

Mayhem

Zenith
I never said i had knowledge of MRI's.

I would rather try and see if it has any effect.

What wrong with that? If someone does not try they will never know will they?

Harte

Don't dodge the point.

Will you take my word for it that MRIs subject patients to strong magnetic fields, and that MRIs are often used to scan skulls?

If so, why aren't the pineal glands of these patients affected?

I would wager that you have never jumped out of the window of a skyscraper. Do you think that if a person doesn't try this, then they will never know what will happen?

Of course not. Because we know that people HAVE jumped out of skyscraper windows and we know the result.

We also know that tens of thousands of people have had their skulls subjected to strong magnetic fields, with no pineal gland "awakening" reported.

Yet you insist that we cannot know unless we personally try?

Harte

Mayhem

Zenith
As it cannot be seen it must not be real?

The teacher may make a suggestion that will open up a line of thought for you, or he may point out a way that has proved of value to him; and thus save you much time and trouble. But you must do the real work yourself.

Thought Vibration
William Walker Atkinson 1906

Pix3l_P0w3r

@Harte You seem to be the master of magnetism. May I riddle your noggin? Please, enlighten me on this subject.

Electricity and magnetism are highly connected, in fact, where there is one, there is the other. Now, if your entire brain works off of electrical impulses and chemical reactions, like a biological computer, then you would need to presume magnetism does affect us, and can be used to alter perception... no? The third eye is very deeply rooted in Indian and Malaysian religions, and we've come to know about the christian bible, that while the doctrines are not verbatim or even close to 100% correct, that there is an underlying truth. All religions, share an underlying truth. Every one of them as similarities that can't be entirely overlooked. Sometimes, you just need to open your mind's eye to see the truth. To say that "this and this" is false, but overlook the connections of the big picture, you'll remain blind. However, to refute with a statement such as "But an MRI doesn't make people hallucinate or change their thought patterns" would be to display ignorance on the subject matter. Everything in our universe is connected on a quantum level. Let's educate ourselves on the matter of the third eye and decipher the true, textbook meaning of it. You and I obviously don't possess a physical third eyeball, but the mind is the most powerful thing we still don't really understand.

Check out this documentary by Bill Maher called Religulous. It will explain exactly what I'm referring to with religion and connection.

Religulous (2008) | WatchDocumentaries.com

Mayhem

Zenith
Now seeing the future a certain will slander Bill Maher as being false.

Good post Pixel power.

Harte

@Harte You seem to be the master of magnetism. May I riddle your noggin? Please, enlighten me on this subject.

Electricity and magnetism are highly connected, in fact, where there is one, there is the other. Now, if your entire brain works off of electrical impulses and chemical reactions, like a biological computer, then you would need to presume magnetism does affect us, and can be used to alter perception... no? The third eye is very deeply rooted in Indian and Malaysian religions, and we've come to know about the christian bible, that while the doctrines are not verbatim or even close to 100% correct, that there is an underlying truth. All religions, share an underlying truth. Every one of them as similarities that can't be entirely overlooked. Sometimes, you just need to open your mind's eye to see the truth. To say that "this and this" is false, but overlook the connections of the big picture, you'll remain blind. However, to refute with a statement such as "But an MRI doesn't make people hallucinate or change their thought patterns" would be to display ignorance on the subject matter. Everything in our universe is connected on a quantum level. Let's educate ourselves on the matter of the third eye and decipher the true, textbook meaning of it. You and I obviously don't possess a physical third eyeball, but the mind is the most powerful thing we still don't really understand.

Check out this documentary by Bill Maher called Religulous. It will explain exactly what I'm referring to with religion and connection.

Religulous (2008) | WatchDocumentaries.com
I've seen it.
And yes, there is a tradition of the "inner eye."

The way it is described is through meditation, you can eventually reach a point where you stare into the abyss and the abyss stares back at you.
I've also seen it described as the inner eye observing one's own self.

But the thread is about the pineal gland, not the validity of this tradition.

The pineal gland's function wasn't understood at all when it was first discovered. A lot of bullcrap was written about it from shysters like mediums - which were back then much more believed by the general populace (remember Harry Houdini's crusade against these people.) The idea that the pineal gland functions as a "third eye" was simply made up by people trying to sound like they knew something about this paranormal world.

What I'm pointing out is that the pineal gland is not involved and the hooey people write about it online is completely and utterly bogus.

The tradition of the inner eye was never connected to the pineal gland until the con men MADE the claim up.

But as you say, magnetism can certainly affect the processes occurring in your brain. It can also affect the processes going on in your hand, or any other part of your body.

Harte

Pix3l_P0w3r

I'm not sure how much the pineal gland would contribute to the third eye, it's just a small gland that produces some chemicals. It's not fundamentally you, like your frontal lobe. However, I found these 'facts' about the pineal gland and #8 does say it has been called the third eye; something you irrefutably deny. I believe it could be interpreted as such due to its size, location, and supposed mystery. Although, I do find it tracing back a while. Can you show me an example of the third eye having nothing to do with the pineal gland? I mean, I'm seeing information how the pineal gland is connected to the third eye but not much on the third eye being explained without the pineal gland. Do you understand what I'm trying to get after?

René Descartes once described the pineal gland as “the principal seat of the soul.” Though medical knowledge has vastly progressed since then, here are a few things you might not have known about this critical organ.

8. IT'S BEEN CALLED THE "THIRD EYE."
The pineal gland was commonly dubbed the “third eye” for many reasons, including its location deep in the center of the brain and its connection to light. Mystic and esoteric spiritual traditions suggest it serves as a metaphysical connection between the physical and spiritual worlds.

The pineal gland is known as the third eye chakra, or ajna chakra in the Hindu system. A closed ajna is said to lead to confusion, uncertainty, cynicism and pessimism.