Mainstream Media Finally Admits Televisions Can Spy On You

Samstwitch

Welcome to George Orwell's 1984. Crazy, but true! The solution to 1984 is 1776!

Mainstream Media Finally Admits Televisions Can Spy On You

Home tech capable of surveillance has been in use for years.

Infowars.com
August 2, 2013

In the wake of alternative media, mainstream outlets are now finally admitting that ‘smart’ televisions available to the public are capable of spying on its viewers.

A CNN article published yesterday entitled Your TV might be watching you says:
The flaws in Samsung Smart TVs, which have now been patched, enabled hackers to remotely turn on the TVs’ built-in cameras without leaving any trace of it on the screen. While you’re watching TV, a hacker anywhere around the world could have been watching you. Hackers also could have easily rerouted an unsuspecting user to a malicious website to steal bank account information.
We reported on this television’s spy capabilities back in 2012 and this isn’t an isolated incident.
Earlier in 2011, we reported that Microsoft developed a camera that can track how many people are in a room.

The camera, similar the ones found in the Xbox Kinect, was aptly named the “consumer detector.”
Years earlier in 2006, we published an article on how Google planned to use microphones embedded in personal computers to listen in on people’s activities in order to direct targeted advertisements towards them.

Even when you leave your house you’re still under surveillance.

Back in 2011 we revealed that major U.S. cities are installing high-tech street lights with a “myriad of homeland security features.

“Streetlight processors can store and analyze data including soundtracks, announcements, commercials, and video files,” the SmartSite press release stated. “SmartSite luminaries can be equipped with a variety of cameras and sensors to ensure real-time 24/7-security coverage.”

“The sensors detect a variety of threats that enable rapid response from emergency personnel or help prevent crime and gain control of the streets.”

It isn’t just street lights, either.

Ceiling lights installed in St. Cloud, Minn. city offices are even capable of sending coded Internet data.

We also reported that many smartphone apps use your phone’s internal microphone to listen to you automatically.

All of these articles showcase the continued trend of documented surveillance that has been going on for years.

High-tech devices marketed for commercial use are ushering in a new era of total surveillance bondage.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Well thankfully my television doesn't have a microphone or camera, its a rather old tv set too. And I don't have a smartphone. I still have my walkman cassette player! Man I'm behind on the times.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
funny how that happened.....I first started talking about this way many years back and folks just laughed, told me I was just paranoid and to stop smoking so much weed....... was to late for me to do that thow,,,, I quit that shit 20 years ago long befor I got a computor