Making a time machime with a 3D printer

Curious_Girl98

Ok so, I'm sure you've all heard of 3D printers. People have printed (made) REAL WORKING guns with them, so I figured if you can make a gun with it, you can make a time machine, right? :cool: I do not currently own a 3D printer, but if this is possible, I just may have to buy one ! :p

Orpheus Rex

You would need the design for one, and the 3D printer would have to be industrial grade.

white death

You might be able to make a case for the components, knobs and stuff like for a time machine, but you would not be able to print the working parts. Those printed guns from what i know, didn't last past a firing or 2 before breaking apart.

Orpheus Rex

Yes, but those are plastic based 3D Printers. Th cheap printers. They make printers that use metal, cement, and all sorts of other different substances.
There are even printers capable of printing out a two story house. :cool:

Phil Wainwright

I have a couple of the home desk type 3d printers. I am currently printing components for two experiments.. ... Really saves cost on prototype production.. .... .

Orpheus Rex

Hopefully we might soon be able to print most of our stuff out at home. It would cut out most of the middleman and create a more efficient economy. I think that while that sounds cool, there would be less jobs for people... the economy would be restructured, and that normally isn't for the better.
:(