Mark Pritchard Ghost Hunter....Buckfastleigh Church.

mark pritchard

Hi,

Only a few weeks to go now when myself and a few other investigator's will be on a 2 night ghost hunt at Buckfastleigh Holy Trinity Church,Squire Richard Cabell lived during the 1600’s and was the local squire at Buckfastleigh. He had a passion for hunting and was what in those days described as a ‘monstrously evil man’. He gained this reputation for amongst other things immorality and having sold his soul to the Devil. There was also a rumour that he had murdered his wife. On the 5th of July 1677 he passed away and was laid to rest in ‘the sepulchre’ but that was only the beginning of the story. The night of his internment saw a phantom pack of hounds come baying across the moor to howl at his tomb. From that night onwards he could be found leading the phantom pack across the moor usually on the anniversary of his death. If the pack were not out hunting they could be found ranging around his grave howling and shrieking. In an attempt to lay the soul to rest the villagers built a large building around the tomb and to be doubly sure a huge slab was placed on top of the grave to stop the ghost of the squire escaping. Even after taking these measures people have reported a strange red glow emanating through the iron bars. Other folk have reported seeing a whole host of demonic creatures gathered around the grave trying to get the promised soul for their master.This promises to be a great place to do,Interview's,Pictures,Plus we will be going LIVE of facebook.

Thanks Mark.

Attachments

• Buckfast Event.jpg
    Buckfast Event.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10

TimeFlipper

Have the ever tried the Buckfast Wine that the Catholic faith partake of? :LOL:

Wind7

Staff
This sounds interesting, Mark.

Hopefully you will post some of your documentations here (vids..pics..etc)
of your visit to Buckfastleigh.

I don't use Facebook unfortunately.

Looking forward to seeing this.

:)

mark pritchard

Hi,

Update on the Holy Trinity Church Investigation please take a look at these pictures taken on the night and tell me what you see?Editing will be finished towards the end of October.Thanks and please dont be afraid to leave comments.

Attachments

• Black and white.jpg
    Black and white.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN0196.JPG
    DSCN0196.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Orb1jpg.jpg
    Orb1jpg.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Mark & Stuart.jpg
    Mark & Stuart.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 8

TimeFlipper

Hi Mark i liked the Orb pic, it looked as if it was an Orb within an Orb..
The spire on the church looks as though it might need repairing soon, unless my eyes deceive me :cool:...it reminded me of the "Crooked Spire" on the church in Chesterfield (y)

Wind7

Staff
Hi,

Update on the Holy Trinity Church Investigation please take a look at these pictures taken on the night and tell me what you see?Editing will be finished towards the end of October.Thanks and please dont be afraid to leave comments.

It's not so much as what I see but more what I feel looking at these 3 photos. All 3 are negative...like anger and resentment mixed together... strange coming from a church. (!?)

What was going on here that you felt you should be photographing that particular opening?

mark pritchard

Hi,

It's not so much as what I see but more what I feel looking at these 3 photos. All 3 are negative...like anger and resentment mixed together... strange coming from a church. (!?)

What was going on here that you felt you should be photographing that particular opening?
I just felt the need to take the picture i get this from time to time when i feel that a presence is near watching.