May 5, 2005

cassiopeia

Re: May 5, 2005

Well it is May 5th and it is an absolutely beautiful day. I have to admit I was little worried and I am going to be so relieved when today is over.

I heard a story (I do not know if it is true) that back in 999 people were so sure that the world was going to end in 1000 (which is a made up number anyway) that they stopped taking care of the crops or doing any work. They just partied the year away and then really paid for it the next year. Anyway, I guess we never know what day our end is really going to come so we just have to enjoy everyday but we also have to work with it in mind that we might live forever.

I have to say I was alittle disappointed with a few of the people on this site. I thought here would be a place where someone could say something a bit unconventional without being ridiculed but obviously many of you are too self rightous to let people just get something off their chest and let it be.

Complete Stranger

Well, it probably wouldn't be much to write home about for most people, but there has been a decent sized earthquake (6.1) south of Panama. Of course, the size and amount of earthquakes has been steadily increasing for the past few years, so if there's anything special about this one to make it stand out, I don't see it. But if you want news of a large earthquake, there you have it.

Frankly, I'm not entirely convinced that we'll hear about it if an unusual event does happen. Oh sure, a rip roaring natural disaster we'd hear about, but some types of events could conceivably happen without the public's knowledge. The whole "classified, top secret, for government officials' eyes only" type of stuff. I'm always wary of conspiracy theory stuff, but like my mom says, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you."

On the lighter side, with all this talk, I've had "It's the End of the World as We Know It" running through my head all day... :)

Complete Stranger

I just read a good point made by a blogger in regards to the NYC bombing today. It's "the first known act of terrorism in the US since 9/11." So it is a little more significant than a few broken flowerpots... ;)

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"gl100\")</div>
Hoss, I think it already passed. Twice.

09/18/70
10/04/70

.... so let stop talking falsely now,the hour is getting late.[/b]

Hmmm, Jimi & Janis taking off?

Anyway, my point was it's pointless to waste one's time on worrying about the 'End Of The World' For two simple reasons. Death is Impossible, When it's time to go, its time to go. However, the driver remains to drive again and again.

sinister

i woke up at 11:11 this morning...after my first cigarette, my brain started moving again and I remembered it was 5/5/05 today. Weird. Also, I don't know if its been mentioned in the thread yet, but someone tried to blow up the British consulate in New York. Am I wrong here or is today also when they're voting on Tony Blair for prime minister? I believe CNN said the consulate was where british citizens in New York could go to vote.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"gl100\")</div>
Hand the man a Partagas![/b]

Takes the Partagas, clips the end, wets it, gets a nice slow ash going. Hmm, not bad at all, My Thanks Sir. Here, try one of mine, it's a Cohiba.

gl100

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Takes the Partagas, clips the end, wets it, gets a nice slow ash going. Hmm, not bad at all, My Thanks Sir. Here, try one of mine, it's a Cohiba.[/b]

My compliments sir you brought out the good stuff. A man of taste and culture. Another of my favorites. Snuck, err... brought a box back from Mexico a few months back. Smoked one on the porch the other night as a matter of fact. Makes a fine accompaniment to a chilled Don Julio Anejo. Very, very smooth. I can see why Fidel favored these.

PhantomLord

Well it wasnt the terrorist event I was expecting after 9/11, but it did have the city on edge for a little bit.

But its still funny. WABC has a promo for Curtis and Kuby's show this morning and Kuby says in a very sad but sarcastic tone "The destruction of an innocent flower pot...the monster".