Meaning behind the name "John Titor"

ETgo-do

Anyone know what his name means?

John - generic john doe

Titor... Not an english word. titor- ti as in tip, tor as in torn

Titor- means false one/fake one.

Was john through his last name telling everyone to start with he was false?

It seems Larry was a good sport in the whole thing.

Ask Larry if if John 1 or 2 told him to open the John Titor Foundation.

Samstwitch

Anyone know what his name means?

John - generic john doe

You might be right about his reason for calling himself "John"...like John Doe.

As for "Titor"...the meaning is hidden in the pronunciation. John inferred that his surname "TITOR" was an Anagram for "Time-travel-OR" (see his related posts at the bottom of this comment).

Which is exactly why John's pseudonym surname should be pronounced "Tie-tor"...NOT "Tee-tor" as most people continue to mispronounce it. (I've been bitching about this for ages.)

What exactly did John mean by the meaning of the Anagram "Time-travel-OR"?
That he was a Time Traveler.
Perhaps his real name had the initials "OR".
Only John knows for sure. :)

Good thread topic!

BELOW: Page 148-149 from John Titor: A Time Traveler's Tale (Posts written by John Titor)

Q: I have exposed John as a fake with the anagram in his name.

JOHN TITOR: I find this interesting because it gives me a very tempting easy out. I could now rest assured that someone had "figured me out" and I can relax before I leave.

However, I am not (other forum member) and this name and TTO are the only names I've used online.

After looking at my name here, have you considered it's origin from another word-play standpoint? For example, TITOR could equal Time-Travel-OR.

vodkafan

Titor.... traveller is spelt with an E not O so the "or" is deliberate . The anagram means Time Traveller Or...not. He was teasing .

Ren

John Titor, just as John said, is Time Travel 0 R.
This, as Sam says, is why you pronounce his online handle as "Tie-Tore".
He said he used the names John Titor and Time Travel 0.
When you combine the two names, only "R" remains.
So 'R' stands alone and is significant.
John Terminator --> John Connor from the Terminator movies.
Saint John Titor of Revelation --> (where Titor is an ancient spelling for Tutor), one of the many names for John of the Bible who supposedly wrote Revelation, which is a prediction of the future.
John always encrypts his messages with 2 contradictions. That way it is easy to decrypt.
The more unobservant among us just dismiss what he is saying in mistakenly thinking he can't keep his story straight.
For example, was it a 1967 Corvette, or a 1967 Camaro?
Will the Civil War in the U.S. start in 2005 or 2015? Or is it a combination of dates?
Is John Titor who we think he is?
When he started this over a decade ago, did anybody imagine the world he was describing?
Yet here we are.

PamelaM

wow. seriously? he only made up that name so he could post on art bell. I dont understand why ETgodo keeps pretending like he has hidden knowledge about John Titor.

Judastitor

Titor is Latin for Titus, 10th emperor of Rome - Emperor from 68 - 71 AD, completed the colosseum.

Titor means tutor in Galician.

Spartacus anyone? He was the famed Galician gladiator general/farmer, sound familiar? Perhaps Gorlacon, the General/farmer of the Scottish pict warriors, destroyers of the 9th legion aka, the eagle.