Meditation Lessons

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Did you ever take meditation lessons? Was it worth it?

What kind of exercises were you practicing and what sort of tips and tricks did you learn?

Would you recommend us to take such lessons if we had the chance to? Let us know! :)

Dragonchaser

First I wanted to say No . It is so long ago that I almost forgot it .

I think it began with Martial Arts , Shaolin Kung Fu to be more exact .

After that just reading and more reading .

Does T.Lobsang Rampa ring a bell ?

Dragonchaser

No reply yet , so I assume either you don't believe his (T . Lobsang . Rampa ) rantings or you are not familiar with his scriptures .

Formal lessons or training for meditation , no , I did not receive any .

In Shaolin Kung Fu in the beginning ( started at the bottom ) the instructors worked our bodies to become fit for those that was not and brought the fit ones up to par . The first three months was fitness and more fitness , so much so that at that point I doubted that I joined the right Kung-Fu school . ( I wanted to do Kung-Fu for self protection ) . I was still young (12 ish ) and did not realize , for the body to be a " fighting machine " you will need sufficient control ; mind control .

After three months it became clear that not only was our bodies worked but also the mind . Also in that time was an extra sense developed in me without me realizing it at that moment . Few years after I left the dojo I've realized it .
The concept is very simple : A fit brain needs a well kept body to reside in ( preferrably ) although it is not always possible . Take for example a person with physical disabilities .

Mind Control ( own ) starts with meditation , simple breathing exercises that are gradually increased in complexity as you grow spiritually .

So take baby steps to get the basics right , if that is in place ; the rest of the spectrum will be easier .

BlastTyrant

I went out for a UFO retreat a few weeks back i was given a quick lesson in how to meditate.
I use to do Tai Chi fairly frequently as i could focus better on my movements rather than sitting in silence.

But i learned a valuable lesson while getting these quick tutorials during a meditation circle. And that lesson was my mind does not allow me to meditate.

The example was, we all sat in a circle and everyone focused on the same thing, we focused on the circle of people and we envisioned us going higher in the sky to see a UFO and bring it to our sight, during this session i could start to see what i called "Auras" or "spiritual light" of everyone in the circle, just imagine a dark room with faintly visible lights forming a circle, and as i focused on us and tried to enlighten the picture i would get a bright flash of light through my vision, it looked like a streak of insanely bright light and it would throw off my concentration. I would shrug it off and try again, and as normal i would start seeing everyone's light and then BAM then dash of light happened again!

The person guiding us had no explanation to it besides my mind does not want me to be doing the meditation and is stopping me, or perhaps something else was keeping me from focusing so hard?

Dragonchaser

I went out for a UFO retreat a few weeks back i was given a quick lesson in how to meditate.
I use to do Tai Chi fairly frequently as i could focus better on my movements rather than sitting in silence.

I practice Tai Chi as well , extremely beneficial . Maybe you should start again ?

But i learned a valuable lesson while getting these quick tutorials during a meditation circle. And that lesson was my mind does not allow me to meditate.

The example was, we all sat in a circle and everyone focused on the same thing, we focused on the circle of people and we envisioned us going higher in the sky to see a UFO and bring it to our sight, during this session i could start to see what i called "Auras" or "spiritual light" of everyone in the circle, just imagine a dark room with faintly visible lights forming a circle, and as i focused on us and tried to enlighten the picture i would get a bright flash of light through my vision, it looked like a streak of insanely bright light and it would throw off my concentration. I would shrug it off and try again, and as normal i would start seeing everyone's light and then BAM then dash of light happened again!

The person guiding us had no explanation to it besides my mind does not want me to be doing the meditation and is stopping me, or perhaps something else was keeping me from focusing so hard?

It is difficult for me to say because I was not there in person ( or spirit ! :) ) .

But YES that sounds accurate . Something else , maybe it is a possibillity that must not be taken out of account .

Personally , let me try to put to you in layman's terms :

You were not sufficiently relaxed .

I do advanced dog training as well , I tell my rookies : to reach a state of UTTER calmness before training .
If not the dogs sense it and act accordingly .

Try it and let me know if it helps .

Also don't bring your concentration into "sharp" focus , what happens then it is pulled out of focus . Think of the sights of a gun . All three must be used as unit and not only one becase then your aim will be off .

Dragonchaser

It is difficult for me to say because I was not there in person ( or spirit ! :) ) .

But YES that sounds accurate . Something else , maybe it is a possibillity that must not be taken out of account .

Personally , let me try to put to you in layman's terms :

You were not sufficiently relaxed .

I do advanced dog training as well , I tell my rookies : to reach a state of UTTER calmness before training .
If not the dogs sense it and act accordingly .

Try it and let me know if it helps .

Also don't bring your concentration into "sharp" focus , what happens then it is pulled out of focus . Think of the sights of a gun . All three must be used as unit and not only one becase then your aim will be off .

10606462_898339096862146_1559714873780226612_n.jpg

"The four difficulties of awakening to enlightenment:
So close you can't see it.
So deep you can't fathom it.
So simple you can't believe it.
So good you can't accept it."

~ Tibetan Proverb