Confirmed Hoax Mermaids the Physical proof.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
The Evidence

Beyond eyewitness sightings of the Mermaid there remains no physical evidence of the creature’s existence. Although many of the witnesses who report sighting the Mermaid are highly credible, until modern science has an actually corpse, not another hoax like the Feejee Mermaid, the creature will remain nothing but a legend.

The Sightings

•First Century AD, Pliny the Elder writes about Nereids – women with rough scaly bodies like fish, a mythological precursor to mermaids.

•Fifth Century AD, Physiologus in his Bestiary describes the real mermaid with the upper body of a woman and the lower of a fish, split at about the navel. The book is a study of animals and their natures and remains influential until the 18th century.

•13th Century, Bartholomew Angelicus in his book De Propietatibus Rerum described the mermaid as a femme fatale stealing sailors from their ships. Click here for more on the medieval mermaid.

•1493, January 4, Christopher Columbus reports seeing three mermaids playing about and jumping out of the water. He says, "They were not as beautiful as they are painted, although to some extent they have a human appearance in the face...."

•1560, Bosquez, aide to the Viceroy of Goa, performed autopsies on 7 mermaids caught by fishermen in Ceylon.

•1599, in the book Historia Monstrorum a mermaid and her mate are reported embracing near the Nile River delta.

•1608, June 15, Henry Hudson, explorer and discoverer of the Hudson River, records seeing a mermaid near Russia. He wrote in his log: Two crew members - Thomas Hilles and Robert Rayner - sighted a mermaid at 75° 7' N, and shouted at the rest of the crew to come and look. Hudson further recorded it as having a "tail of a porpoise and speckled like a mackerel." She was "looking earnestly on the men" who gathered on the side to see her. The description Hudson wrote says she had very white skin, "speckled like a macrell" (mackerel), long black hair, white skin and a woman's breasts - with the tail of a porpoise.

•1614, John Smith sees a mermaid off the coast of Massachusetts

•1718, a "sea wife" is caught off the island of Borneo and put in a large vat, where it died after a few days. It was heard to utter cries like a mouse.

•1739, sailors of the ship Halifax caught and ate several mermaids in the East Indies. Said they tasted like veal.

•1811, a farmer near Kintyre reported spotting a real mermaid washing herself and combing her hair.

•1830, a farm woman in the Outer Hebrides spotted a mermaid frolicking in the water. They were unable to capture her alive but did manage to kill her with a rock. The corpse was seen and described in detail by Alexander Carmichael, a well-known scholar.

•1842, Phineas T. Barnum displays the famous Feejee Mermaid at his American Museum on Broadway in New York City.

•1857, June 4, a reliable report of a real mermaid with "full breast, dark complexion and comely face" seen off the coast of Britain.

•1947, Island of Muck, 80-year-old man reports seeing a real mermaid sitting on a lobster trap and combing her hair.

•2004, wild internet reports of a mermaid corpse seen in Chennai, India, after the famous Christmas tsunami. Photographs were included, but research shows that the pictures had been circulating for some time before the tsunami.

The Stats – (Where applicable)
• Classification: Hybrid
• Size: Relatively the same height of a human women
• Weight: See Above
• Diet: They reportedly eat fish
• Movement: Swimming
• Environment: Deep Ocean

Octavusprime

I'm not saying mermaids don't exist. What I am saying is the show was not a documentary but a mockumentary for entertainment purposes. Some of what they say may be real but some of it is a hoax. Take what you want from it and believe what you will.

I think it is possible there are "mermaids". I doubt they are beautiful humanoids with fins and coc0nut shells hiding their huge perfect breasts. More like a manatee with a high intellegence.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I agree with you on your comments Octavsprime. Over the years more people have seen humanoid types with fins. in the open sea.

I would very much question the parts about: " beautiful humanoids with fins and coc0nut shells hiding their huge perfect breasts"

Yes many are hoaxes with no real pictures or stories.

Samstwitch

This week there are 2 new specials currently airing on Animal Planet Channel through Thursday, May30, 2013. Check your local listings for the following:

Mermaids: The Body Found - The Extended Cut

Mermaids: The New Evidence

Here are some video clips from the documentary.

Samstwitch

Haven't seen the new one, and don't get me wrong I loved the idea of this, but ... It's a Muckumentry, much like The 4th Kind movie... It's filmed to look like a documentry but it's all fake, actors and what not... However I will note: NOAA merely says " No Evidence has ever been found"

'Mermaids: The Body Found' is a hoax - National Sci-Fi Movie | Examiner.com

Are mermaids real?

That's what I thought too until I saw these 2 documentaries. They made the 2nd one because the first one was accused of being a fake. If the experts are real, they stand on their testimonies that the information they present is real, and they show new evidence. It was 3 hours of documentaries that are supposed to be real. They are accusing the government of a major cover-up.

The purpose of the documentary is an effort to stop the military from using the sonar weapons (can't remember what it's called) that are killing the whales, dolphins, and mermaids. The scientists want the public to know there is an old, but newly discovered species of mermaids that is in great danger from the government, that the government is killing this species with their experiments, and that the government knows about the species and is hiding the information and evidence from the public.

I thought it was going to be a mockumentary, but when I watched the entire 3 hours, I changed my mind about that.

Samstwitch

Humiliation is a method that the U.S. Government uses to discredit experts and evidence that they don't want the public to believe. Humiliation is also a method the government has used to discredit evidence of UFOs and Aliens (Roswell is a perfect example). If the Mermaid evidence is real, then the government is labeling it as a 'Mockumentary' as a form of humiliation so the public will not believe it. Unfortunately, the government's underhanded tactics usually works , and the public is duped.

Loopi

The Bearded One
Humiliation is a method that the U.S. Government uses to discredit experts and evidence that they don't want the public to believe. Humiliation is also a method the government has used to discredit evidence of UFOs and Aliens. If the Mermaid evidence is real, then the government is labeling it as a 'Mockumentary' as a form of humiliation so the public will not believe it. Unfortunately, the government's underhanded tactics usually works , and the public is duped.
Couldn't agree more!