Confirmed Hoax Mermaids the Physical proof.

BlastTyrant

I can see the draw, but all in all its for the money the first one was such a hit of course they would make a 2nd one. By not straight out saying "This is fake" they draw more people and therefor more ratings

Khaos

where the wild things are
I recall seeing a post on facebook last night about it, and the producers have said again that it was fake, i could not copy it or paste the text.

You're right! Here's the article about it.

So somebody makes 2 Mockumentaries about Mermaids, and Scientists (evidently they were real) tell the public lies, leading people to believe Mermaids are real...Why do people do things like that? I call them liars. That old saying applies: A man (or woman) is only as good as his word, and if his word is no good (then neither is he).Well, I never! :rolleyes:Today's trends are not popular with me. o_0

Mermaids Still Not Real, Despite ‘New Evidence’

Animal Planet stirred up some maritime mythology last year when it released Mermaids: The Body Found. The documentary, which attempted to prove the existence of mermaids, had people around the country wondering if there was a race of aquatic humanoids living deep in the ocean. NOAA even released a statement denying the existence of mermaids but now, thanks to Biologist Dr. Paul Robertson, there’s more video evidence to the contrary.

Animal Planet released Mermaids: The New Evidence this weekend and people are starting to get curious again about the existence of mermaids. The documentary features new footage taken by Robertson in the Greenland Sea which allegedly shows more mermaids.

The documentary had people glued to the television screen and soon Twitter was full of questions about the existence of mermaids. NOAA hasn’t released a statement to debunk the new documentary but Robertson admitted that the documentary was a bit of a hoax.

The biologist told the Mother Nature Network that the program is scientific fiction based on scientific theory.

Robertson said that he made Mermaids: The New Evidence appear like a documentary because he wanted it to be believable.

Robertson said: “I wanted the story to appeal to a sense of genuine possibility, and incorporating real science and evolutionary theory and real-world scientific examples — such as animals that have made the transition from land to sea, much as we suggest mermaids did — and citing real, albeit controversial theories like the Aquatic Ape Hypothesis, grounded it. Using a straight, documentarian approach made the story more persuasive by appealing more to a sense of intellectual possibility as well as emotional possibility. I think the story works because it’s possible to believe that mermaids might have an evolutionary basis; I think it works because you can believe they are real. And personally, I don’t think there’s any story more appealing than a legend that can be believed.”

CLICK ME to see the video of the new mermaid evidence.

I swear you were just bantering on about them being real in another thread that I responded to where I said I do not believe in mermaids and here you are agreeing they are not real? Ha!

TnWatchdog

Maybe someone got to Robertson...maybe not. Anyway, I keep thinking about the mermaid in the movie, "Bedtime Stories" dancing to a Journey tune. Now if there were mermaids out there...this is how I would like them to be. I'm not asking for too much am I? I just remembered another movie with a blonde in it but can't remember the rest of it, oh well.

Samstwitch

I swear you were just bantering on about them being real in another thread that I responded to where I said I do not believe in mermaids and here you are agreeing they are not real? Ha!

Yes, with developing circumstances. I cannot help that lying Imposters present false evidence to the public. It is their credibility that is ruined, not mine.

The fact that those 2 shows (Mockumentaries, not Documentaries) aired on TV and are completely fake gives even more credence to my claims on the other thread that the public is lied to on a daily basis by the government and Media. That TV Program aired with so-called Scientists giving testimony with false evidence, as if it were real, making people believe lies. That's exactly what the government and Media does to the public...lies. The government presents false evidence to make the public believe lies, and the people believe.

So from the Mermaid Mockumentaries, we see how easily the public is duped by so-called reliable sources. The Mermaid program was presented in 'Television Programming' as a "Documentary".

DEFINITION of Documentary according to the Dictionary: Movies, Television. based on or re-creating an actual event, era, life story, etc., that purports to be factually accurate and contains no fictional elements: a documentary life of Gandhi.

My thread What the US Government doesn't want you to know is about the government and Media lying to the public. Case and point made.

BlastTyrant

I remember watching a show once that showed just how hideous mermaids would really be if they existed lol we all have in our minds of beautiful creatures, but in all reality they wouldn't be.

JTFriend

Interesting, the masses still aren't sure if Atlantis is a real or mythical place, so of course a show about mermaids is something they would enjoy watching. Google Chimeras, they've been back since the mid 2000s........

MRead13

I agree with others here - this mockumentary format is one that is frustrating and can actually bolster the making fun of any cryptozoological or paranormal interest. It's clearly an admitted fake, but I'm still not sure if any of the movies or sub-stories are independent and either faked by someone else or unknown in terms of accuracy, but I'll assume it's all fake by Animal Planet. Very disappointing!

If one wanted to explore this topic without evidence and spark imagination, why not create a sci-fy type of show or a movie? - that would have been a more responsible approach than this approach.

eunoia

6a00d8341bf67c53ef0147e1e8b13d970b-800wi

Mermaids are real.