Mike Ruppert speaks of civil war!

Mudpuppy

Originally posted by Cornelia@Nov 20 2004, 08:12 AM
Caryp,
This doesn't make sense with Berlusconni being in charge. Can't he just control the media since he owns most of it anyway? Or was this just a move to silence what's left of the \"free press\" there?
Exactly that. He owns TV networks, but newspapers are still in the hands of corporations close to opposition. He wants to silence them.

Paul,
I don't know how they plan to "review" or censore the articles. My only source of information was the ONLY ONE leading newspaper mentioning the story. But I tell you for sure that there will be no need of any commission: our journalists have many times proved themselves to be very good in self-censorship. :angry:

Just found this except:
Italy gets bad marks in Europe
The 15 member-countries of the European Union (EU) all score well except for Italy (40th), where news diversity is under serious threat. Prime minister Silvio Berlusconi is turning up the pressure on the state-owned television stations, has named his henchmen to help run them and continues to combine his job as head of government with being boss of a privately-owned media group. The imprisonment of journalist Stefano Surace, convicted of press offences from 30 years ago, as well as the monitoring of journalists, searches, unjustified legal summonses and confiscation of equipment, are all responsible for the country's low ranking.

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/free...om_of_press.htm

Interesting that Costa Rica (15th) placed better than the US (17th). :huh:

Mudpuppy

pauli

I'm not at all proud to announce that the Italian Senate just yesterday approved a law to arrest jourmalists if they report anything about war not previously approved by the govt.

Hi Cornelia,

Did you government make any sort of explanation as to why they made this ruling? I don't care whether it is a BS sort of argument or not. I am just curious as to what the "official" explanation is. Perhaps the information could be helpful one way or another. Please let us know if you have heard it.

Timmy G

Bush vows to fight for intelligence bill
By Mimi Hall and John Diamond, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON ? President Bush said Sunday that he was \"disappointed\" at Congress' failure to pass a bill to restructure U.S. intelligence agencies.

At a news conference ending a summit in Chile, Bush said he had pressed lawmakers to approve the legislation and would try again after Thanksgiving. \"I look forward to going back to Washington to work with the interested parties to get it passed,\" he said.

But the Republican chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee said the White House bears some of the blame for the lack of action. \"There's been a lot of opposition,\" Sen. Pat Roberts of Kansas said on Fox News Sunday. \"Some of it is from the Pentagon. Some of it, quite frankly, is from the White House, despite what the president has said.\"

It appears that the restructuring of our Intelligence Agencies isn't going as easy as dub'ya wanted it to... :dry:

Think it'll every fly?

Read the entire article HERE

TheSadGoat

Welcome to the plantation SadGoat.

Thanx Cary

Unfortunately CBC didn't re-air that program, however I will keep my eyes open incase they do. Maybe someone else here saw it and can re-tell it for us?

Snakey

Check this out!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/civilwar.asp

So this leads to the question of could titor be right... could a civil war be brewing
I guess for most of us believers and non believers we will have to see if his main prediction of 2004-2005 which is Civil War comes true... I for one do not think so.

Thanks,
Snakey

Darkwolf

Thats a chilling article in light of Titor, mentioning urban and rural, and the concept of civil war. Something would have to change for the JT thing to come true though. Either the Rurals would have to turn on Bush, or some other government agency would have to begin acting against them. Thats possible,

Timmy G

I guess for most of us believers and non believers we will have to see if his main prediction of 2004-2005 which is Civil War comes true

Didn't JT say that by 2008 the Civil War would be obvious to everyone? When you apply spin to present day happenings - I could easily see how most people wouldn't be aware of how their country is crumbling around them. Take that into effect with those dreamers who believe that the nature of man is to be good and since there are so many in charge it would never happen to us, or those who unknowingly lie to themselves to make it all seem better - and I can see how we may not officially realize that civil war is happening until awhile after it truly starts - and perhaps only history will reveal the true answers. IMHO

We on the whole tend to think of Civil War as something like our history has shown us, the North and the South in the war against the states. Any modern day civil war will lastly be reduced to tossin' lead - and foremost be started with the decimation of our civil liberties. When that starts - so does the civil war. Different times, different tactics.

StarLord

Perhaps this is one big ploy to free up Housing, Land, Energy, Oil Resources and all those Blue Light specials.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Timmy G@Nov 23 2004, 05:25 PM
I guess for most of us believers and non believers we will have to see if his main prediction of 2004-2005 which is Civil War comes true

Didn't JT say that by 2008 the Civil War would be obvious to everyone? When you apply spin to present day happenings - I could easily see how most people wouldn't be aware of how their country is crumbling around them. Take that into effect with those dreamers who believe that the nature of man is to be good and since there are so many in charge it would never happen to us, or those who unknowingly lie to themselves to make it all seem better - and I can see how we may not officially realize that civil war is happening until awhile after it truly starts - and perhaps only history will reveal the true answers. IMHO

We on the whole tend to think of Civil War as something like our history has shown us, the North and the South in the war against the states. Any modern day civil war will lastly be reduced to tossin' lead - and foremost be started with the decimation of our civil liberties. When that starts - so does the civil war. Different times, different tactics.

"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism-- ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power" --Franklin Roosevelt