minuteman project and Waco type events thread

Lucidus

Re: [Combined] minuteman project and Waco type events thread

I am starting to think that this is a false alarm and nobody is going to get Waco'd. Considering:

The MinuteMen are doing exactly what they said they were going to do. Observe and report. There have been no credible reports of them doing anything illegal.

The U.S. federal government doesn't appear to be mobilizing for a crackdown.

The Mexican millitary is guiding migrants away from the Tuscon sector and do not appear interested in a confrontation with the MM.

MS-13 is apparently not interested in teaching the MM a lesson.

Fortunately, it appears that cooler heads are prevailing.

Darkwolf

They are however talking of expanding to other border states. I'm also not sure that MS-13 isn't going to pull something, the month is only half over.

sosuemetoo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Crosstika\")</div>
I hadn't sir, you are correct. Maybe you could explain the basis for your theory..? [/b]

This is one ?scary future, what do you base this on?

Okay Cross and all, I'm not a mod on this thread. But Kira just said a few posts ago:

We're all smart enough to say something insightful so let's give that a shot and try to cut back on the one lined zingers. There's just no room for it and I really wish it would stop.

Mom has about one more hour to spend on this forum. Kira is not here. No more one liner's please, or I will close the thread until Kira comes back tomorrow. No mod deserves this grief. Understand?

Crosstika

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sosuemetoo\")</div>
Okay Cross and all, I'm not a mod on this thread. ?But Kira just said a few posts ago:

Mom has about one more hour to spend on this forum. Kira is not here. No more one liner's please, or I will close the thread until Kira comes back tomorrow. No mod deserves this grief. Understand?[/b]

Ok "Mom" I don't really have the intelligence to post anything but one liner's and I'm drunk so I'll refrain from posting til indefinately. period the end...

Can i post a few zingers on "lib'ruls.."?

sosuemetoo

Okay Cross... Here's what Mom is going to do, since she is tired and cannot mod much more.

You've got a 3 day ban and this thread is closed... until Kira and Grayson arrive. My patience is wearing very thin.

KiraSjon

Ladies and Gentlemen -

We apologize for this inconvenient intermission and would like to thank you for your patience during these technical difficulties.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

Sincerely,
The Management :lol:

Judge Bean

The New Whorish Order is afraid of American revolutionaries, and lumps them into one imaginary group. When a president talks about this group, he calls them "antigovernment," "extreme right," "militia," "vigilantes," "racist paramilitary," etc.

Occasionally, you will hear them identified as "neonazi," almost with a sigh of relief by the official that the group can be linked to a "hate group."

They are afraid of activist conservatives. They know that they form the backbone of organizations such as the NRA as well as Earth First, and that the ACLU and loudmouth entertainers from Hollywood are only the fringe part of a deep and solid American belief in the primacy of the Constitution. Defense of the Constitution leads many to harsh criticism of the government.

Environmentalists want to preserve the natural environment; the New W Order wants to use it up to fuel a deadend economy. The economy is literally tanking-- now they're pumping water into the oil wells to sustain pressure.

Patriotic Americans want to preserve our values, our way of life, and institute public decency. They have no patience with fatcat politicians and hypocritical priests; it's our tradition to have no patience with such. We believe that the government should get the hell out of our lives, and that we should not have to pay for making them, at best, ambiguously dedicated, and, at worst, at the disposal of corporations.

Remember that when the government engages in conduct about which you might object if you had knowledge of it, or in conduct that brazenly offends your ideas of life, it does so with your money-- with our money-- money that is not the government's money.

The government has no money: all it has is the power to use yours. This is supposed to involve a measure of trust, but that has been wrecked long ago: now they think that they can do whatever they want to and that the money belongs to them.

True conservatives wish to conserve the liberal tradition of a rule of law: this confuses only those who do not need to work for a living and live in Washington. Americans love their country and want the Constitution to be the law of the land.

They don't want the borders to be open gates letting in dangerous drugs and terrorists: just before the Minuteman project, a half dozen Arabs were arrested there using fake passports. They were sneaking in in separate vehicles, and the story has dropped off the radar.

On the other hand, the whole country is made of illegal immigrants, and we want a way to continue building the country (the U.S. isn't finished yet, you know) without allowing ourselves to be victims of crime.

Make no mistake: illegal immigration victimizes average Americans, and hits the poor hardest of all. If it hurt the rich or the powerful, rest assured that it would be stopped cold. If it did not directly benefit the rich and powerful, likewise, it would be stopped. Likewise if it benefited only the poor.

We have to understand where the lines are drawn. On this side, with the ordinary people, resides law and order, peace, and general prosperity. On the other side, with the elite New W, look and see exploitation of the poor, illicit profiteering, corporate pigs, toleration of organized crime, and permission for the drug empires both legal and illegal to victimize the general public.

Who obeys the law, in general, which class? Which side invokes the Constitution? Who's in charge here? When leaders are above the law, who is underneath it?

Someone down south has been reassured that the MMP is temporary and symbolic, that the flow of illegal traffic should be diverted meanwhile, and that any losses will be made up later.

At the people's expense, of course.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Paul J. Lyon\")</div>
...On the other hand, the whole country is made of illegal immigrants, and we want a way to continue building the country (the U.S. isn't finished yet, you know) without allowing ourselves to be victims of crime...

[/b]

PJ,

I've read other posts of your's (I think) where you say something similar to this.

While I understand your meaning here and where you are coming from, I want to say that I think making this blanket statement is like enforcing an ex post facto law.
Not all of the early Europeans that arrived here had to murder natives to gain territory. Some settlements were in areas purchased or recieved as gifts from natives. Some native tribes had no tribal concept of land possesion (I'm not talking about ownership, no natives considered land ownership to be legitimate). Some of what today makes up the USA is legitimately claimed.
That being said, I also must say that indeed, most of it is not legitimately claimed from the native point of view.
However, much of the USA was purchased from other countries or taken as spoils of war from other countries. These other countries, had they not sold or lost wars, would today posses these lands, the natives would not.

Harte

artsouth

very well said paul.....i understand your point also harte.... maybe one or the two of you can answer this question for me ? there have been rumors for a couple of years now that mexico's agenda is to take back the american southwest .? is there any truth to this ,and if so could a border war cause such a thing....?

Ghost

I don't know about Mexico having an agenda to take back the southwest, but if a border war happens it would probably be a result of MS-13 or large armed gangs attacking groups watching the border.

On the Minutemen site it says:

The MMP and Civil Homeland Defense projects will continue. There are plans underway to expand to adjoining states with a comprehensive border monitoring program this fall. If our own elected officials will not defend our nation's border, American citizens will.

I don't think MS-13 will attack the Minutemen during April, but if groups similar to the minutemen expand their patrols I have no doubt MS-13 will attack them. If enough fighting takes place, Bush may send troops to the border, which if he does then there is no way that Mexico would dare act to take southwest.