Moderating Is Jesus Azizus Monobaz?

Sanyam Deshi

@Ren

You have repeatedly called people ignorant for not researching this Azizus story, yet you refuse to address the exact same ignorance you possess by automatically believing everything you read.

But the story of Azizus fits in so well and makes so much sense in terms of the events of the Bible, you say? It could have easily been written this way based off of the Bible. Do you know what the easiest kind of argument to make is? One where the evidence cannot actually ever be presented.

But I have never actually researched it, so I can never understand the superior quality of this writing, you say? As I have said before, regardless of what the writing says, it will never make the information any more or less valid. The fact of the matter is that the story of Azizus could have easily been written yesterday. There are plenty of writers in the world who are capable of making realistic sounding writings that incorporate writings that have preceded them. Plenty of people could have written a piece of fiction like this. It's easily done.

As I have said numerous times in the past, I am fine if you believe this. My problem is that you have this entitled attitude like this Azizus character must be true because of how well it fits in. This just goes to show how naive you are. You do not seem to understand the many brilliant writers that there have been in the past to have made fiction seem like fact. You do not seem to understand the many instances of convincing propaganda created that have swayed entire nation's opinions when the propaganda was built on a foundation of lies. I can neither prove nor disprove Azizus, but the same applies to you. When all is said and done, the quality of writing does not always correspond to the validity.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Just checked this thread out a bit. I won't delete Sanyam's post, as he didn't go beyond what we accept here. It's not far from it though.

However, I'd appreciate if you were able to be a bit softer in the way you lay out your ideas.

Thanks.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
@Num7 We were having a normal conversation and someone comes in and insults Ren without prvocation and you consider that acceptable? Maybe we'll move this convo to TTI. At least Cosmo appreciates basic respect.

Harte

Just checked this thread out a bit. I won't delete Sanyam's post, as he didn't go beyond what we accept here. It's not far from it though.

However, I'd appreciate if you were able to be a bit softer in the way you lay out your ideas.

Thanks.
I think it is FAR from it.

People come on here making claims, like any message board. What I see is Deshi pointing out the rudeness of Ren, and not showing any rudeness himself (unless one thinks that pointing out rudeness is itself too rude to be acceptable.)

This thread doesn't contain all the rude comments I refer to, admittedly. But Deshi has a very valid point. It is utterly unacceptable to state some belief as factual and then ridicule people that ask why you believe this for "not studying" the ridiculous claim themselves.

What is the point of posting the claim in the first place, if that is to be the response?

I asked about the claim and got no answer. I note that Ren has posted in this thread a line of hooey about the etymology of the word Christ, a false etymology that I was able to debunk in approximately 5 seconds online at multiple etymology sites.

If it is acceptable for a poster to pretend to know it all, then post total crap disinformation in a feeble attempt to justify his empty claims while ridiculiing others for not already knowing about it, then, to my mind, it is certainly acceptable for another poster to call him on it.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Moved a few posts over here, as I belive Harte has a good point.

As I'll say in the other thread, I'm sorry if some didn't like the way I handled things last night. I did my best to handle it right away so that the discussion can continue, which it didn't.

Feel free to comment on the issue and let me know what you think, and/or what you expected.

Last edited:

Harte

Num,

I for one barely even notice that you "handle" things, much less think to berate you for running your own forum in the way you see fit.

No, Mods and Admins never bother me. It's the posters that rile me up! LOL

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My intention for the thread was a simple discussion. It was not supposed to be the trial for Ren's past sins.
I ASKED Ren to post because I'm trying to understand his point of view, but everyone attacks. Constantly. This man doesn't even have half a chance on these forums. He could come in and say Happy New Year and everyone would jump on his ass and start name calling like a bunch of school children.

If you don't like what he has to say, then shut up, move on, and grow up. He has every right to discuss anything he wishes within the rules of the board and bullies shouldn't be able to attempt to scare him off.

That's what I have to say!