Moderating Is Jesus Azizus Monobaz?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Something else -- ever try to get to know someone you don't quite understand, or do you simply just judge and shun like you do in real life? There are human beings behind this text.... real people... what if your bullying caused someone to commit suicide? How would you feel about that? Would you even care? Somehow, I think none of you would.
You all claim to be holier than thou, yet you JUDGE and you HATE more than anyone I've even seen online.
This behavior is shameful and totally sickening! I hope everyone is proud!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I don't think anyone attacked Ren as hard as you are suggesting. Yes some of his claims were challenged, which I think is somewhat normal.

I'm okay if you guys consider that the thread should have been more moderated than it was. Just let me know. Paula, I'll take what you said in consideration, as Paranormalis aims to be a place to allow free sharing of info. Such sharing couldn't completely take place in the concerned thread. That means we can improve.

I'll add that if you feel something is wrong, report the post and say why. That way I'll be able to spot it right away and handle it.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Ok, I'll do that from now on. I just sincerely did not want this thread to be ABOUT Ren but to be a place for him to share his ideas, hopefully without ridicule. People don't have to agree, but bringing up the past, calling people ignorant and mentally ill, etc... gets on my nerves. It's my pet peeve.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, on that I have to agree. The discussion is supposed to be about the ideas in the first place, not the poster.

Sanyam Deshi

@PaulaJedi

I understand you are close friends with Ren, but please at least try to distinguish the differences between an argument against him and a personal attack against him. All of my messages directed him have been relevant and targeted at this claim:
Jesus was Azizus Monobaz. This is not an opinion. This is fact. I have given the evidence and you can not refute that evidence.
This, logically given by the wording, shows his own lack of acknowledgement toward any sort of opposition. I messaged you this a few days ago, but all I have ever been attempting to do is show that his belief is indeed an opinion.

In response to post #10, I am not bullying him because I have never had the intention of hurting anyone and I have not had the tone to back up such claim. In my opinion, if we are going to consider anyone as a bully, it is the one who constantly belittle's the other person, and I have greatly restrained myself from doing so, as I am aware that no good comes from doing so. You're failure to see who the one person who can potentially be classified as a bully is a result of (what I believe to be) blind friendship. I sincerely apologize if reading this claim makes you angry.

In response to post #12, the one person hating in the thread is the person who is persecuting an entire group of people for their beliefs. I don't hate Ren. I simply wish he would see things straight and allow people to have their own beliefs. As I said in one of my last posts, Ren is generalizing an entire group of people based on their worst members, and it would be great if he would stop doing that. I have nothing against Ren, and I believe that i have kept conversations on-topic for the most part. I don't believe my words have shown any predisposed biases against him.

Also, you are going to compare arguments against Ren to potential causes of suicide? As far as I have seen, nobody has said anything remotely out-of-line. If you're going to compare opposing debaters to possible reasons for someone to kill themselves, I'm just going to view it as your lack of willingness to hear those with disagreements. Your creation of this comparison is sickening in itself.

In response to post #15, I found this post quite amusing. If you have been following the conversations at all in the other thread, it becomes strikingly apparent who is throwing around the word ignorant most of the time, as well as who is implying mental illness most of the time.
So why are you debating that which you have not researched. You are displaying your gross ignorance here.
Christianity is the propaganda and because you are too lazy to research the truth that Josephus invented the entire story with his friends Plutarchus and Titus, you are damned in your ignorance and illiteracy.
I hate your willful ignorance in believing a big lie.

In summary, I, too, was hoping to have an unbiased conversation with Ren in his group, despite his tendencies to include pieces of his arguments that are direct attacks against the people who create the opposition and not the argument itself. My initial post was in the hopes to continue the conversation we had in the other thread. When I first made the post that you see at the beginning of this thread, you had responded with a highly heated message comparable to someone shouting "bomb" on an airplane. I had responded to this, hoping to justify my inclusion of the message on the topic. Num7 deleted the post before you were able to read it. In summary, I said that I wished to continue our discussion from before, but I didn't want to use the old topic because I knew that I'd be accused of continuing to drag that thread off-topic. I can only hope that you realize the negative impact it has when Ren says that his opinions are facts, and I can only hope that Ren will improve for the future. I may have said it awhile ago in a totally different conversation, but when I have a debate or an argument, it's for the sake for everyone to be better than they were before they entered it. The point isn't to bring the opposition down.

One last thing: I keep getting accused of having moderation-worthy material, but nobody has been able to pin what exactly that I am saying that is breaking rules. I think that I have been keeping my side of the argument pretty tame, so I'm hoping that the choices to moderate my posts haven't just been a bias against me due to the fact that I'm arguing against two of this forum's most loyal members. I will gladly take any constructive criticism to use in the ways that I argue in the future.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Don't worry, you're not the only one I happen to moderate a little bit in a while.

2 primary points explain why some of the content of the thread at hand needed to be moderated. And by that, I mean content by you AND content by others. 1st: Some comments were rude, not very far from personal attacks. 2nd: Many of the arguments brought up were debating, questioning, challenging (etc) a member (read Ren) rather than the theories and ideas he was sharing. When both of these things are present, I usually have put on my mod hat at some point.

Keep in mind that (although it's nearly impossible) I'm trying to please everyone when moderating, rather than taking one side or the other. I try to remain neutral as much as I can and apply the rules in their purest form. It sounds easy but it's not, believe me.

Thank you for taking part in this thread. I want to be open regarding how I'm running the site. If I do something wrong when I have my moderator hat on, I wanna hear about it and know what you feel should have been done instead.