Money making idea

Justinian

Disclaimer: I do not know if this is even needed... But, I have an idea.

There are lots of stories on this site about numerous subjects, and they're already written out. How many people would be interested in "donating" their story to a book as a sort of donation to the site? Like as in figure out how to put together a book with the best stories and then sell it. All proceeds going to this site that we love so much.

I'm sure there are difficult things to consider such as signing a disclaimer that you won't seek future monetary claims on it and such and such, but it was just an idea.

Anyways.. Thoughts?

Justinian

Wow.. I was thinking there would have been a bigger response than this.. ((crickets chirping))

Num7

Administrator
Staff
That's something I never thought about.

I didn't reply to this thread before, because I wanted to check something out: The "Terms and Rules". The terms you can see there, are the default XenForo terms and conditions. I didn't modify them because I never felt the need to. Just thought I'd say that for the record.

Regarding the topic at hand, this part would be particularly interesting.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
Keyword here, In connection with the service. Outside of using the content on the forum, I can't publish it elsewhere or sell it or anything, unless the original poster gives me/us (us as in Paranormalis) the right to publish it.

I have no idea how difficult to manage it would be to go ahead with a X number of members and have them give up the ownership of some of their content. I'm not sure that's something I'd be motivated to go through.

That's a fresh idea though, so I'm interested to know what others think about it.

Justinian

Shouldn't be too hard. Just have to have a signed form declaring that we were giving you non-exclusive rights to publish any works we have used on this forum and asking nothing for compensation.

that way you can still repost your same stories on any forum or publish it in our own books without you or us infringing on anything. But the lack of response here is almost making me think either; A) Nobody reads this section, or B) Nobody wants to donate their story.

Justinian

I'm not saying you need it, or would even do it.. but the idea of talking about it as a future possibility can't hurt.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Sure, that's fine.

I know that quite a lot of folks on the net generate money out of eBooks. Those eBooks can be about anything. Advices about X or Y topic, how to make XYZ things, etc.

Do you know people who published eBooks ?

Justinian

As far as knowing anyone who does this.. nope. I know quite a few people that write books, but mostly to get things off their chests. Memoirs per se.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I think it's a really cool idea, even if not to make money, but just for fun... :) *gives my two cents..*