more predictions

HDRKID

PC Shipments Mark Steepest Decline With 10 Percent Drop - Bloomberg

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/10/business/searss-sales-fell-9-2-in-tepid-holiday-season.html?_r=2

This tells me that there is no recovery. In fact, things keep on going worse. For example, Radio Shack lost money in 2012 and got rid of its dividend, but in 2013, they lost twice as much more. Look at sears. they have lost money four years in a row.

I predict before the end of this decade JC Penny gone, Radio Shack gone, sears gone.

OK, here is a gray area.

Game stop lost money in 2012 and 2013. If they cannot turn the ship around quick, it is game over.
GameStop concludes fiscal year with net loss, CEO calls 2012 a 'challenging year' | Joystiq

If they move into phone games... Well, they might be able to survive.

Office Depot did merge with office max. Although it might survive... I doubt they will go beyond 2029.

Back in 2007 Office Depot sold a lot of electronics such as laptops, GPS, and cameras. Most of those are going away. Yeah, you can blame the smart phone for this one. They are turning into a furniture store now. Problem is that the furniture is not moving.

Radio Shack use to sell laptops, GPS, and cameras. They are transitioning into a cell phone store, but they cannot survive. Profits are gone. There is little revenue.

JC Penny will go bankrupt soon. Look at sears. It is like a race.
Which will go bankrupt first: J.C. Penney or Sears?- MSN Money

Typically, before a company goes bankrupt you will see a dramatic drop in sales and revenue. Losses pile up and employees leaving starts to increase.