Muse: The Brain Sensing Headband

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I just found out about this, I'm curious to knoww if any of you guys who happen to be into meditation ever heard of it before.

Amazon.com: Muse: The Brain Sensing Headband - Black: Sports & Outdoors
  • A brain training tool designed to help reduce stress and anxiety in just 3 minutes a day
  • Muse uses sensors to detect and measure your brain signals from outside your body the same way a heart monitor measures your heart rate
  • Real-time audio and visual feedback plus long-term tracking so you can monitor your progress
  • Guided training sessions designed to build the skill of focused attention to help manage stress
  • Portable - works with smart phone or tablet via Bluetooth
Take your meditation and yoga practice to the next level with Muse: the brain sensing headband. Muse is a tool to enhance your wellness by helping you to train your brain. It’s designed to build on the healthy body and mind you are already working on by providing you with real-time feedback during daily guided training sessions as short as 3 minutes a day, any time any where.

Your brain generates constant electrical impulses when you’re thinking, sleeping or even relaxing. These impulses can be detected from outside your head. Muse uses brain sensing technology that doctors and scientists have employed for more than a century. This technology allows Muse to detect your brain signals from outside your body the same way a heart monitor measures your pulse. Muse then gives you a steady flow of feedback on your smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth.

Let me know what you think!

darwi

It seems plausible to me, even though I'm so low tech that I don't have a cell phone. But I do meditate a lot and I understand there are different energies the mind produces that can be measured and acted upon. When I was at the Monroe institute in Virginia we tried to get into some of these different mental states, even out of body states. A device that produces a binaural beat can be worn on the head to facilitate this, produced at the Monroe Institute. Many companies produce similar devises, I believe, but I haven't used them much. Perhaps I should.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I thought by the title that it meant a headband to determine if someone had a brain or not. We wouldn't need a headband for that. A few would just have to post here and it would be apparent. :ROFLMAO: :D

TimeFlipper

I thought i would pitch in on this topic...A "binaural beat" is produced by the brain..Let me explain..
If you are listening to 2 seperate audio frequencies(sounds) in your headphones our brains will develope the sum of the difference..e.g.
Lets say i want my brain to develope Alpha Waves all on its own...I will listen to a "sine wave" of 308cycles per second (beats) in my left earpiece, and 300cycles per second (beats) in my right earpiece..The sum of the difference being, 308 subtract 300 giving me 8...Alpha waves start at around 8cycles per second (beats) and this is how the brain developes its own Alpha Waves..

The picture iam showing is of 2 frequency generators that can produce cycles per second from 1 upto about 500,000 cycles per second
It has Sine Wave..Square Wave...Triangle Wave..and Saw tooth Wave, all for different functions i use Sine Waves to listen to as they are more pleasing to my ears....and i use each generator to produce 308cycles per second and the other one to produce 300cycles per second

I can guarantee that after a few minutes iam feeling very relaxed..It did take me a few days for my brain to get used to this type of activity within it and i wont drive until after about an hour of my relaxation...
I bought these 2 generators last year from a car boot sale for £10...They are available from ebay for around £25 each...Or there are generators out there that can give 2 different frequencies on their own, but cost about £60 each...Please remember that you do need to use stereo headfones, and the 2 generators ive shown both have volume controls on them....Stay Relaxed :)

Kind Regards
John.

TimeFlipper

I thought i would pitch in on this topic...A "binaural beat" is produced by the brain..Let me explain..
If you are listening to 2 seperate audio frequencies(sounds) in your headphones our brains will develope the sum of the difference..e.g.
Lets say i want my brain to develope Alpha Waves all on its own...I will listen to a "sine wave" of 308cycles per second (beats) in my left earpiece, and 300cycles per second (beats) in my right earpiece..The sum of the difference being, 308 subtract 300 giving me 8...Alpha waves start at around 8cycles per second (beats) and this is how the brain developes its own Alpha Waves..

The picture iam showing is of 2 frequency generators that can produce cycles per second from 1 upto about 500,000 cycles per second
It has Sine Wave..Square Wave...Triangle Wave..and Saw tooth Wave, all for different functions i use Sine Waves to listen to as they are more pleasing to my ears....and i use each generator to produce 308cycles per second and the other one to produce 300cycles per second

I can guarantee that after a few minutes iam feeling very relaxed..It did take me a few days for my brain to get used to this type of activity within it and i wont drive until after about an hour of my relaxation...
I bought these 2 generators last year from a car boot sale for £10...They are available from ebay for around £25 each...Or there are generators out there that can give 2 different frequencies on their own, but cost about £60 each...Please remember that you do need to use stereo headfones, and the 2 generators ive shown both have volume controls on them....Stay Relaxed :)

Kind Regards
John.
If anyone needs help on how to configure their headfones stereo plug to fit both these generators, drop me a private message and i will happily explain.
Kind Regards
John.