Creativity Name a Historical Event You Want Changed

Ren

I'll tell you if it is a good idea or a bad idea and give you the reasoning behind it along with some potential future probabilities. I'll try to do it in a few sentences each.

TnWatchdog

The USA was engaged in a war against North Viet Nam and the result was a unified North and South Viet Nam...as we pulled out. We could have either not engaged in this war or bombed the hell out of the North until they said...enough is enough and gave up. War is war and if you are in a war, you have to do what you need to do to win...not drag it out. Any thoughts on this one?

Samstwitch

If I could change something, I would stop George W. Bush from stealing the elections in 2000 and 2004. If the elections had not been stolen, we would have had Al Gore and John Kerry as Presidents. If the elections had not been stolen, everything would have turned out different, and I do not believe 911 would have even happened. The unpatriotic Patriot Act wouldn't have been implemented, and the U.S. would never have gone to war in the Middle East. The U.S. economy would not be broke...etc, etc, etc.

Oops, I didn't see that you're going to give "some potential future probabilities", but I'm looking forward to hearing your take on this scenario as well.

Ren

The USA was engaged in a war against North Viet Nam and the result was a unified North and South Viet Nam...as we pulled out. We could have either not engaged in this war or bombed the hell out of the North until they said...enough is enough and gave up. War is war and if you are in a war, you have to do what you need to do to win...not drag it out. Any thoughts on this one?

I love this question. My father is a pilot and served in Viet Nam. After I was born, my family took me to the Philippines where we could be close to my father. My maids, Rosy and Vergi spoke to me in their native language as my mother was really too sick all the time to take care of me. After a few years, my father survived and we went back to the U.S. I could understand and speak 2 languages. I believe that Viet Nam is the reason why I'm good with languages which is the reason I was chosen for this fictional time travel career. So if you go back in time and stop the Viet Nam war, I would not be here now typing this because I would have lost my qualification to go back in time.

Ren

If I could change something, I would stop George W. Bush from stealing the elections in 2000 and 2004. If the elections had not been stolen, we would have had Al Gore and John Kerry as Presidents. If the elections had not been stolen, everything would have turned out different, and I do not believe 911 would have even happened. The unpatriotic Patriot Act wouldn't have been implemented, and the U.S. would never have gone to war in the Middle East. The U.S. economy would not be broke...etc, etc, etc.

Oops, I didn't see that you're going to give "some potential future probabilities", but I'm looking forward to hearing your take on this scenario as well.

Again, an excellent response. I hate the fact that the 2000 and 2004 elections were stolen. It was Katherine Harris, the Secretary of the State of Florida, the Dragon Lady of Evil in U.S. History who was the only person allowed to vote in 2000. It was a theft of Democracy! Al Gore was our rightful President in 2000. He even won the popular vote which is the only vote that should have mattered.

Then in 2004, Diebold/Premier/ES&S electronic voting machines routed votes through Republican servers and those votes were changed so that Bush won Ohio. The voting booths were closed even before the voting was finished. The Bush campaign's computer guru, Michael Connell was called to testify about this and conveniently died on December 19th, 2008. They say that he forgot to put gas in his plane after they quickly swept up the evidence before the media could get there. Connell had repeatedly received death threats even from Karl Rove, the grandson of Nazis and a master of Nazi style politics who cheated and won both elections for Bush. Karl Rove says he isn't German yet he has a U.S. and a German passport. Go figure.

All I did at that time was warn people about electronic voting tampering. And yes, it will happen again this November 2012. I also said that Gore and Kerry won those elections indicating that Bush was not our rightful leader. I watched him and Henry Paulson then Secretary of the Treasury and former President of Goldman Sachs, use our tax money to eliminate their competition and take our taxes again even after the people said no. Again subverting our Democracy. And John Thain, that little crook.

The World Trade Center was attacked in 1993 during the Clinton administration. At that time, explosives were planted in the basement and the attack failed. Bush Junior, Kerry, Gore, it doesn't matter who was president. Eventually they (Saudi Arabian extremists dreaming of a united Islam under one Caliph) were going to be successful. Let's never forget that our U.S. agencies knew the terrorists were training to take off and fly but not interested in learning to land. We also need to remember that our agencies let all these people fly at the same time. They allowed 911 to happen. They needed an excuse to attack Iraq for the oil.

We didn't stop any of these things from happening because these events aren't the problem. Our corrupt leadership and our corrupt economic system is the problem. The banksters will continue to steal our money as our politicians will continue to try to steal elections. We need to change all this. Only then will terrible events like this be stopped.

Samstwitch

The other event I might want changed is the outcome of Y2K. All the work we did to prevent it from happening, and when disasters were averted, most people believed it had never been a problem, but just the opposite was true. I believe John Titor changed the outcome of Y2K when he forewarned his grandfather about the problem in 1975. If John hadn't disclosed that information, I believe the disaster would have happened just as he predicted, because efforts wouldn't have been made to prevent it.

Of course, if Y2K happened, I would also want to have all of my Prepper Supplies, i.e., food, water, and everything else that I made ready preparing for it. :)

Everything in our world would have changed (for the better) if Y2K had not been prevented...I see that now. For one, people would not be so self-centered and apathetic as they are today.

Ren

Everything in our world would have changed (for the better) if Y2K had not been prevented...I see that now. For one, people would not be so self-centered and apathetic as they are today.

That was then and this is now. What is done is done. The fact that your changes and John Titor's changes remain, means that both of you were making the right decision.