Need advice: How to care for a sick bird

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My cat brought me a sick, young mocking bird. It's not a baby. It has one eye, but it is an old wound and healed over. It won't fly but tries. It acts sleepy. It drank some water from a dropper but it isn't interested in seeds or canned cat food. I have it in a box wrapped in a cloth. It pooped, so it must not be starving. If I put it back outside, my cat or another predator will get it. Should I let it die in peace in the box? Any advice? Should I be worried about catching a disease from it?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Ok, it might have died or it's about to. It still feels warm, but doesn't react when I pick it up.

TnWatchdog

I was going to suggest honey/water or colloidal silver and sunlight as the sun has a healing effect...but it might be too late.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'd hate to bury it if it is simply just unconscious. I'll wait and see and if it actually wakes up, I'll try the honey water.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Have mercy. It wont be able to survive in the wild on its own. A swift end would be the most humane approach.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It died. I do understand that if it survived, I'd have to cage it and keep it, but I had to at least try. I couldn't let another being in need just sit there if there is something I can do. I guess that cat caught it because it was already dying and didn't fly away. Oh well. Did what I could.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
It died. I do understand that if it survived, I'd have to cage it and keep it, but I had to at least try. I couldn't let another being in need just sit there if there is something I can do. I guess that cat caught it because it was already dying and didn't fly away. Oh well. Did what I could.
Very sweet of you to try to help it... :) You did good, girl!