Interview Neil deGrasse Tyson explains what gravitational wave is.

Bullethead21

This guy is one of my personal heroes for sure!! Even if you may not agree with him.....you will laugh, and walk away with a smile......that has to count for something right???

My personal favorite video clip of Neil is when he defines "Argument From Ignorance"...and how we ALL suffer from it....one of those truly "must see" videos.....LMAO!!

TimeFlipper

Really good explaination of gravitational wave phenomenon. Straight and undertandable.

This detector seems too good to be true...and if it does seem too good to be true, then it probably IS too good to be true :confused:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I happened to notice that it was mentioned that the speed of the gravity wave was the speed of light. Maybe someone should tell these guys about the Podkletnov impulse gravity generator. As I recall Podkletnov clocked the speed of the gravity impulses at a speed much much higher than that of light. And still the mention of imaginary black holes being responsible for everything from shoe leather to pea soup. I just find it truly amazing that "Make Believe" is the basis of our science today.

tflofasho

But can he explain why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

I can! Scientifically modified and engineered to taste good to large quantity mass populations with all those additives, synthetic chemicals and processed sugars and color dyes to make it appealing to the senses and deadly to the body!

tflofasho

I happened to notice that it was mentioned that the speed of the gravity wave was the speed of light. Maybe someone should tell these guys about the Podkletnov impulse gravity generator. As I recall Podkletnov clocked the speed of the gravity impulses at a speed much much higher than that of light. And still the mention of imaginary black holes being responsible for everything from shoe leather to pea soup. I just find it truly amazing that "Make Believe" is the basis of our science today.

It's always been like that, even back when it was natural philosophy with the pre-Socratics and mathematicians.

TimeFlipper

A few years ago it was thought the Neutrino was going super luminal velocity, only to find out that someone had made an error in their math calculations which left several scientists a bit embarrassed :D

timecore

I wish brian green looked at this websight.But he probably don't have enough time.I think he would learn something.