Nessie-Like Creature Spotted in Florida

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. — A man said he and his family members saw a dinosaur-like animal at a fishing spot in Florida.

florida-miami-blue-green-water.jpg

Steven Smith, 31, said he was fishing with his cousin when they came upon the unknown creature.

“We approached the drop off to the open area where we were going to fish and as we approached, I caught site of the animal,” he told Cryptozoology News on Saturday.

Smith said it “looked like the Loch Ness Monster”.

“It was facing generally away from us, but at an angle to where I could see its left side. It was plain as day. As soon as it realized we were there, it dove down its head to the right and that’s when I caught sight of its tail and rear flipper,” he added.

Smith described the animal as a “jet black” Plesiosaurus with “bloodshot round eyes” and an S-shaped long, stocky strong neck.

“It had thick tail and flippers. About 3 to 4 foot tall. Its swimming ability was weird. Never seen anything stop like that so abruptly and cause such a ruckus. Scared the crap out of me to want to back away from the water,” the man said. “Like Nessie.”

The sighting reportedly lasted about 3 seconds and the eyewitness did not provide photographic or video evidence.

Sightings of sea serpents have been reported throughout history. Although it is believed these animals could be misindentified marine creatures such as oarfish, lungfish, sharks and even whales, some cryptozoologists suggest they could be some sort of Mesozoic reptile, such as the plesiosaur.

Back in August, a man in North Carolina claimed to have seen a sea serpent while on a boat at a lake. Just a year earlier, a park ranger, also in North Carolina, reported a similar sighting.

In 2015, a couple said they saw a dragon-like being in Texas.

New Smyrna Beach is located in Volusia County with a population of 24,000.

For more information on Lake Monsters, watch Aleksandar Petakov’s documentary.

The post Nessie-Like Creature Spotted in Florida appeared first on Cryptozoology News.