new here

Shieldfire

Hi - I'm new here.
I'm actually writing a book on hauntings of stately homes in my home country. Hopefully it'll be finished in ... well some time =)
I live in a 230 year old house in the country side (on the site of a medieval village), but haven't experienced anything clearly strange here (apart from ... well no, probably not ... =p)

Personally, I've had a couple of strange experiences, but the weirdest one happened many years ago, when I worked early mornings delivering news papers in downtonw Stockholm, Sweden.
The house I was supposed to deliver news papers to was nothing out of the ordinatry, just a plain brick high rise in the center of town. So I gathered my papers, open the door to the driveway to the inner yard and there on the right were the stairs behind glassfitted doors. Unsuspectingly I open the doors to the stairs and ascended the first few steps when ....

I can't explain the athmosphere on those stairs as other than extremely oppresive. I really didn't want to be there, even if it wasn't a directly "evil" feeling hitting me it was very clear something in there was "wrong". But I had to deliver the papers so I forced my self up all 5 flights (no elevator of course) and then down again. I ran out the building at the end. And didn't really look forward to deliver to this house in the future, but what you say - "Hey boss, this house there - do I really have to deliver there? It feels creepy..."

Nah don't think so.

So, one morning I entered the stairs, tried rushing through the flights ensuring the light didn't go out by hittig the lightswitch on each floor and when at the top of the stairs I heard someone opening a dorr somewhere below calling "Hello?...." I almost shit myself =)
I just stood there at the top of the stairs, imagening I head somone move a bit for further down and I stood there for something that felt like 10-15 minutes waiting for the door to close. It didn't. At least I didn't hear it close.

Eventually I found some courage to creep down the strairs expecting to be butchered on every landing, but I made it out (obviously) not seeing any open doors anywhere.

Thankfully this was the only time this happened, although the oppresive athmosphere was still there every morning.

spooky2

Hi - I'm new here.
I'm actually writing a book on hauntings of stately homes in my home country. Hopefully it'll be finished in ... well some time =)
I live in a 230 year old house in the country side (on the site of a medieval village), but haven't experienced anything clearly strange here (apart from ... well no, probably not ... =p)

Personally, I've had a couple of strange experiences, but the weirdest one happened many years ago, when I worked early mornings delivering news papers in downtonw Stockholm, Sweden.
The house I was supposed to deliver news papers to was nothing out of the ordinatry, just a plain brick high rise in the center of town. So I gathered my papers, open the door to the driveway to the inner yard and there on the right were the stairs behind glassfitted doors. Unsuspectingly I open the doors to the stairs and ascended the first few steps when ....

I can't explain the athmosphere on those stairs as other than extremely oppresive. I really didn't want to be there, even if it wasn't a directly "evil" feeling hitting me it was very clear something in there was "wrong". But I had to deliver the papers so I forced my self up all 5 flights (no elevator of course) and then down again. I ran out the building at the end. And didn't really look forward to deliver to this house in the future, but what you say - "Hey boss, this house there - do I really have to deliver there? It feels creepy..."

Nah don't think so.

So, one morning I entered the stairs, tried rushing through the flights ensuring the light didn't go out by hittig the lightswitch on each floor and when at the top of the stairs I heard someone opening a dorr somewhere below calling "Hello?...." I almost shit myself =)
I just stood there at the top of the stairs, imagening I head somone move a bit for further down and I stood there for something that felt like 10-15 minutes waiting for the door to close. It didn't. At least I didn't hear it close.

Eventually I found some courage to creep down the strairs expecting to be butchered on every landing, but I made it out (obviously) not seeing any open doors anywhere.

Thankfully this was the only time this happened, although the oppresive athmosphere was still there every morning.
Been in places like that where you just feel creeped out.