no big bang and no black holes

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Oh no!

Does that mean John Titor's time machine runs on fiction?

LOL... I've always claimed that it does...

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
3283932-picard_wtf_riker_i_know.jpg

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
However in this process, Professor Mersini-Houghton believes the star also sheds mass, so much so that it no longer has the density to become a black hole.

EVERY star? EVERY time?

Also, this article doesn't point to her scientific papers and does not describe the alleged "math". I'd have to see that before I drew any conclusions.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It's still considered theory, not law. I'll read the PDF tomorrow, but so far I only see one scenario. I'll have to read to see if it's a blanket statement for all stars or not.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
It's still considered theory, not law. I'll read the PDF tomorrow, but so far I only see one scenario. I'll have to read to see if it's a blanket statement for all stars or not.

Oh!

But you never used the theory argument when I pointed out that Black Holes are also just a theory.

Judastitor

Please excuse me, but I am slightly confused. If a neutron star is a dense mass of neutrons, then wouldn't that imply the existence of singularities, dense masses of micro-singularities / higgs boson particles???

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Please excuse me, but I am slightly confused. If a neutron star is a dense mass of neutrons, then wouldn't that imply the existence of singularities, dense masses of micro-singularities / higgs boson particles???

No, a neutron star does not have an event horizon. Without that there can be no singularity. And the Higgs Boson is not a micro-singularity. It is supposedly a particle that existed briefly during the creation of the universe.