No reason

Khaos

where the wild things are
You ever heard that saying "Everything happens for a reason" ?

What if I were to say I don't believe in that, what is your response? I rarely come across it, but its happened a few times in my life. I've heard of it happening to others, they might spin some bs reason just to justify why it happened, but in actuality, there is no true reason. Most things in my life do happen for a reason, however, a few just... for no apparent reason happen and I'm left with absolutely no true answer and only theories of my own.

One case in particular, which is my most remembered incident. I've told it to many people, nobody can ever give me a true, justified reason it happened. "Oh he was a jerk" "Oh he just had the wrong person" no, that does not work. I want the reason, he did such. I want the true reason. But it never came to me.

It was in July 2005. I was in a program for those who have physical and mental handicaps. They help you, integrate into living independently with your disability. I wont go into too much detail, but I do have a physical disability.

Anyways, it happened the day after Independence Day here in the United States. July 5th. I was going to go out shopping for groceries. Got up at around 10am, took a shower. My roommate came to my room and said a police officer was at the door and wanted to speak to me.

So I get dressed and greet the officer. This is what the conversation that transpired.

*greets officer*

Officer: You know there was a window peeping incident at another complex last night?

Me: No, I did not know that. I wasn't home, was at my folks house with my girlfriend celebrating the holiday.

Officer: No. You were the one window peeping. I know you did it.

*I'm shocked at this*

Me: I was not home at all last night. When did this occur? I have at least twenty people including my parents and girlfriend who I can call to confirm where I was at when this happened.

Officer: Don't lie to me, I know it was you. And next time I come out here for an incident, I'm arresting you.

Me: Well if you think it was me, why don't you arrest me now?

*The officer just scoffs at my remark and leaves*

He didn't bother giving me a time this happened. Just walked away. I ended up filing a complaint against him. I got a copy of the police report. Or at least what they could give me. The report said around 8:30pm a 5'4" hispanic male in his mid 50s and medium build was reported peering into windows and making cat calls and whistles.

I'm 6'2", I'm white and I'm a walking skeleton. I tower over people who are 5'4", I towered over this officer. There is no possible way I was the suspect.

What I don't understand is, if the report was made the night before and they had the description, why didn't they take the description to the program owner? There was only one person who matched that description and he was in the program. He was a hispanic, and he lived right near where that incident took place.

Why me? The only theory I have is the fact it was a mental/physical handicap environment and the cop was just a biased jerk and decided to hand pick me from random and profile me. He didn't have the credentials, he knew he couldn't arrest me, I would have sued his ass into the stone ages if he had.

I never heard back from the report I made. I called two months later, left a message with the complaint number. No reason. No explanation. Nothing.

Does anyone, out there, have an explanation or reason?

Some say "There's more to the story"

no

I've never been in trouble with the law. Not once. Can't say the same for my brother though...

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The officer actually saw your doppelganger peeing maybe? I doesn't explain why the report didn't say anything about you, or someone looking for you though.

Not sure the officer did that on purpose too, but again, he did it and apparently didn't have any reason to, but he did it, so that obviously brings several questions. Is he just a total jerk? Maybe, but that would be too easy to explain it. What do you think?

BlastTyrant

Really it just sounds like he was being a jerk, maybe having a bad day and tired and was forced to go around looking for the suspect and you just happened to be one of the last so you got the blunt end of it.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Well I agree with both of you. That is my reason. He's just a biased, profiling jerkface turd. Glad he's retired and living down in Florida. It was just a moment that happened that never has happened since. I always see it as an anomaly in my life.

titorite

I have meet people that have been arrested in their own PRIVATE yards for Public intoxication......

For the High offense of waving in a friendly manner.

I myself have been hasseled and harrased many times by police..... They are a standing army... they do what they want. The system must be changed by civility or by force it MUST change.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
ok I thought about this for some time now and I think the reason for you being accosted by the goon squad is a simple one....you see you being a white male while it pissed you off the most likely thing you would do is file a complaint as you did .....while a minority would have first called a lawyer and filed a profiling suite and sued the force, and since the cop realy didn't have a case against you or the other guy.. you were the safest one to hassel and he had to file a report of speaking to some one as the call was made to investigate a peeping tom...

Loopi

The Bearded One
The Cop was probably a piece of work before he joined the force... People like that with even a little bit of power, are LOVELY. SO well played reporting the incident, it's probably not his first offence.

Glad you were able to get off... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

kcwildman

Beastmaster
oh yeh almost forgot the whole GOD's will thing ... I as a born again CHRISTIAN have strugled with this many time's befor an old man told me some things that changed my point of view on this matter. here is just a peace of the speach he gave me that day...

some times when things happen that we dodn't understand it may well be that it happened to see what we will do /how we will react. at times are reaction is far more important than the event itself. we are told to trust GOD without doubt or reservation, and some times things are aloud to happen . not as the will of GOD, but the will of a man who is controled by the power of darkness. we as men were given free will to do as we wish,or see fit. if GOD were to over-ride that by imposing his wants or will in any given event then HE has infact taken our free will from us . that is something HE simply will not do. we as people are aloud to make as big of a mistake as we wish. HE will provide us a voice of guidance when and if we have the good sense to ask HIM for help. but even then it is our choice as to wheather we will listen to it and fallow the advice given us.

in closeing the one thing we must never forget is that GOD's will for us is only good.

trekie4ever

Why me? That's a good question to ask.

I saw few positives in that situation. But the biggest was you stood up to the cop. Not many people have the balls to do that. Also he very much could've arrested you (or tried to) And you could've been a very rich man right now :p. And think of it from the cops side.yah he was being a jerk but he could've taken IG further but didn't. That event was a big test of character and will on both ends. You of course showed out as the better man. Have you ever struggled with confidence and standing up for yourself?

Jeremiah

Everything does happen for a reason. Or at least that's my opinion. 10 years from now u may meet one of the men who treated u badly. He may be working at a convenience store after losing his life savings to a bad investment. He may sell u a winning lottery ticket, which may change your life forever. When things happen we usually don't know why right away. But every life we touch and person we interact with has an impact in the greater scheme of things. :)