Oak Island: Canada's greatest treasure hunt

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Oak Island: Canada's greatest treasure hunt

I've never read about this one before !
It's about an actually real treasure hunt around a Nova Scotian Island that lasts since the late 1800s. Buried treasures, hiden tunnels linking 2 islands, that's almost an Indiana Jones movie !

For the past two centuries, the tunnels of Nova Scotia?s Oak Island have piqued the imagination of historians and treasure hunters alike. Now, a new theory by First Nations researcher Keith Ranville may add fresh speculation to the mystery. Based on a unique reading of an inscription once found in the ?Money Pit,? Mr. Ranville believes that the answer to the riddle may be found on nearby Birch Island.
It's from Paranormalnews.com
Here's the link: Paranormal News Oak Island
Article by Keith Ranville

Here's another link about the treasure hunt: OAK ISLAND TREASURE NEWS

It's quite interesting, because they seem to find new things about the tresure, and there are almost proofs that it exists. Interesting reading :)

Num7

Keroscene

Re: Oak Island : Canada's Greatest Treasure Hunt

I remember reading about this in school as a kid. I was fascinated with it back then. One thing I never got past in my skepticism was the way they buried their treasure. It seemed awfully convenient that there were so many layers to the treasure, with curved passageways, which would make it difficult to dig straight down for it. It seemed like it wasn't possible, but then again alot of ancient stuff seems like that to me. THey usually don't point out the curved passageways theory, but it's an interesting angle to it. I think there might something buried down there, or there was going to be, but I don't know if it's a treasure we would find any significance to. It may have been treasure to who ever put it there. I think so much time has passed that anything that was down there might be lost back to the earth. It is interesting though, nice to bring it up, I haven't heard about it in years.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Here's a link with some theories about who made the money pit.
Oak Island: Theories

I still think it could be the Mayans, because they seem to be good enought builders to make such a pit, with dams around it, and strange tunnels. Pirates, spanish or French, wouldn't build such a pit.

I don't think there are any proof about Mayans getting to Canada. That's another enigma. :)

Num7

Condar

Hmmm... I think I'm headed to Canada this summer with two weeks off... I'm coming back rich!

Num7

Administrator
Staff

lol Dude, are you a treasure hunter in your free times ?
Don't forget your shovel, there's about 46 meters deep to dig !

Condar

No I'm not a treasure hunter, lol just a weird guy with a stupid sense of humor.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

he, you're not the only one ! ;)

Condar

Glad to hear it, some of us lose their humor over time, thats never good.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I would like to live in a place were there's some treasure legends. Too bad, these places are really rare. You know, sometimes you're lucky and you figure out how to find the treasure.

well ......sorry, I'm watching too much movies lol.

Anyway, treasures are getting rare in our days.

Num7 :cool:

Keroscene

Funny you should mention that about movies. Probably around the same time I was interested in this, was around the first time I had watched the movies The Goonies and or Indiana Jones ( Who has a new movie coming out BTW). It had me outside with the metal detector scouring the backyard for hours. Now when I find an extra dollar in a pair of jeans it's treasure.