Official 2012 Presidential Election Poll

Who will be the next president of the United States of America?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I hate both of them!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I don't live in the USA.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Samstwitch

Honestly, I wasn't going to vote in the Presidential Elections this year...for the very first time. But then I thought, well one of 2 guys is gonna be President...and my vote counts on some level, so I changed my mind and decided to vote. So I watched the debates, and started researching. Then I came to a decision, and I feel a lot better about the candidate that I chose as well.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Isn't this the one and only time every 4 years you have a chance to say something about who's ruling your country and how?

Samstwitch

Isn't this the one and only time every 4 years you have a chance to say something about who's ruling your country and how?

Yes. IMO, if a person doesn't vote, they have no right to bitch. Even though sometimes the elections are rigged or tampered with (2000 & 2004 it happened), it's still a citizen's responsibility to vote if they care about our country. That's how I feel about it anyway.

Samstwitch

Today I got an Automated Phone call telling me I could vote EARLY...TOMORROW!
Can you believe it?!!!
I haven't even received my Voters Guide yet!!!
What's up with that? We have never been able to vote early, except with Absentee Ballots!
Has anyone else gotten a phone call like that?
It makes me think they could somehow rigg the election by tampering with early votes. :cautious:

Not only that, if they report the voting tally early, it could SWAY upcoming voters!

BlastTyrant

Today I got an Automated Phone call telling me I could vote EARLY...TOMORROW!
Can you believe it?!!!
I haven't even received my Voters Guide yet!!!
What's up with that? We have never been able to vote early, except with Absentee Ballots!
Has anyone else gotten a phone call like that?
It makes me think they could somehow rigg the election by tampering with early votes. :cautious:

Not only that, if they report the voting tally early, it could SWAY upcoming voters!
I have heard of that yes, one of my co-workers said he got a similiar call, As for Swaying the voters all i need to say is 50 cents drop off gas prices, were down to 3.29 in some places here, Obama is desperate apparently. Low gas prices get more votes " see i can lower gas prices" that is until Nov/Dec with holiday travel it jack backs up to 4$ a gallon and after the elections of course.

BlastTyrant

Yes. IMO, if a person doesn't vote, they have no right to bitch.
That's true. Most people who don't vote don't understand it though.
Not nessisarly Howard Stern recently did a skit about this, and the people voting are the ones who have no idea what is going on.

Not 100% sure if this is the exact one due to me being in a meeting and not being able to listen to it :D