Ohio Woman Claims She Saw Giant Bird

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
RAVENNA, Ohio — A woman in Portage County claims she saw a “giant bird” she could not identify as endemic to the region.

file8491329275602.jpg

31-year-old Ohio resident Amy Kovacs told Cryptozoology News that she was in her front yard talking to her husband and a friend when she spotted the unidentified flying creature.

“I live in the back of a mobile home park,” she said. “I turned around and walked a few steps away from my husband and friend to light a cigarette. While pulling one out i looked up to see what looked to be a giant bird take off from behind my home… I think it was perched on a tree.”

The woman described the black animal as having a wingspan of 13 feet.

“It only needed to flap its wings twice to raise itself up to above tree level, and the wings seemed to bend or fold like as if they were too long mimicking elbows. It seemed to glide downward before it attempted to go up,” she added.

Kovacs believes the bird was “big enough to pick up a 10-year-old kid”.

She said its feet were very much like those of a vulture but that the animal was too big to be an Ohio species.

“A neighbor 7 years prior told me she saw what looked to be two black California condors perched on a telephone pole together.”

California condors, the largest North American land bird, was on the brink of extinction by the late 1980s. The remaining 27 individuals were captured and bred and were reintroduced into the wild in 1991. This bird is the significant importance to some Californian Native American tribes.

In 1890, Arizona newspaper The Tombstone Epitaph reported that two ranchers had allegedly killed a “winged monster”, similar to an “alligator”, in the desert between the Whetsone and Huachuca mountains.

In July 2015, two people in Nevada reported seeing a creature that reminded them of a pterosaur, a flying reptile believed to have gone extinct about 65 million years ago.

Two weeks later, a minister and her daughter claimed to have seen an unidentified flying creature that looked like it was “straight out of Jurassic Park”.

In August 2015, a man in Michigan claimed to have seen a “giant bird” with a 10-foot wingspan.

In April 2015, a Louisiana man claimed to have seen a similar flying creature he believes was responsible for cow mutilations in 1978.

The following month, another person came forward stating he had seen a dinosaur-like bird at a public park about 50 miles northwest of Tucson, Arizona.

In 1927, a similar event reportedly took place in the Australian town of Fernvale when a few giant birds visited the area, causing panic among the town’s residents.

Thunderbird, also known as Roc, is the nomenclature used by Native Americans to refer to bird-like creatures with reptile features that are believed to be related to the extinct pterosaurs.

The post Ohio Woman Claims She Saw Giant Bird appeared first on Cryptozoology News.