One reason why you don't tell anyone your a time traveler

Tron1

People will harass you for lottery nfl, and any other sporting event with other moments. This should be a new rule. no bugging time travellers for future events and games. what they see they will tell you don't go to them they will post it.

CDS

hmmmm, and here I thought everyone is a time traveler. :cautious:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
People will harass you for lottery nfl, and any other sporting event with other moments. This should be a new rule. no bugging time travellers for future events and games. what they see they will tell you don't go to them they will post it.

I never understood that.

Why would a time traveler either a) keep a rather large database of every state's lottery numbers, every day or b) spend time, money, and resources traveling to another time, disregarding divergence, just to make someone rich?

It's just not going to happen. I wouldn't do it, either. Shows you how greedy people really are, too. If I came across a time traveler, I'd be fascinated about his device and technology. Money would be the furthest from my mind.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I don't agree. If a time travel claimant can't establish credibility, through a readily verifiable predictive event that will shortly occur, then what is the point of claiming to be a time traveler?

walt willis

Has anyone thought about that fact that not all of the TT's are good people?
Also, this good guy code has already been broken many times?
Could this be how the rich got rich in our time line?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I don't agree. If a time travel claimant can't establish credibility, through a readily verifiable predictive event that will shortly occur, then what is the point of claiming to be a time traveler?

There are many ways to do that without making someone rich.

walt willis

The one reason that a TT may visit a forum like this is because that they may not like what they see being done to the general dumb public by use of the secret advanced knowledge gained from knowing the future.
If you think about how many humans are never satisfied and seem to crave more power and control over others, you may see the logic of a "good" TT that would try to inform the GDP as a way to have them wake up to help stop the abuse of power.
Power corrupts, and Absolute power Corrupts Absolutely!

TimeFlipper

The one reason that a TT may visit a forum like this is because that they may not like what they see being done to the general dumb public by use of the secret advanced knowledge gained from knowing the future.
If you think about how many humans are never satisfied and seem to crave more power and control over others, you may see the logic of a "good" TT that would try to inform the GDP as a way to have them wake up to help stop the abuse of power.
Power corrupts, and Absolute power Corrupts Absolutely!
Thank you for sort of, corroborating my previous posting :)