Parable of horse and raven

HDRKID

This is a parable the aliens told me long ago.

Parable of horse and raven

A horse saw up in the air a raven. He said, “Oh, how I wish I could fly. Instead, I have to pull a heavy plow and the farmer yells at me.” The raven said, “My life is not as wonderful as you think it is. Still, I would gladly trade with you.”

Suddenly, there was a flash of light and they did a swap. The horse was a bird now. He did enjoy flying in up our air. He shouted. “I can fly in the sky, as no fence can keep me in. Good-bye! cruel farmer, as I hope to never see you again!” He flew up over majestic mountains and mighty rivers. People in the city left a lot of scraps. Also, there were plenty of fields with golden grain. He caught bugs in the air. At the end of the day, he roosted with other birds and they talked about all the great times they were having, but summer drew short and there was a chill in the air. Leaves started to fall from the tall trees and the farmer harvested his crops. Finally, a cold winter came. There was a lot of snow. Sadly, those wonderful days of warm summer were now a memory.

Being a raven was not easy. His friends had trouble finding food as there was none. They told him that they were living on road kills now. The former horse was forced to pick at the rotting corpses of other creatures and he wanted to throw up.

Then he flew back to his old barn where it was warm. The horse was eating hay and seemed full of joy. Finally, the horse asked, “My friend, you got your wish to be a free bird and you can fly, so why are you so sad now?“ He replied, “Oh, I wish I was a horse again!”

The moral is - watch out what you wish for... because you might get it.

common_raven_calling_nps.jpg