Paranormalis Channel

BlastTyrant

what would also be nice is to have a theme song. Something that plays in the beginning and gets your attention. I tried a few software that let you make music, but I figure I'm about half tone deaf, so I'm the wrong guy for that as anything really sounds good to me. Kinda why I think some music is decent that others say is horrible. Oh well.
I want a theme song! Every time i enter Chat i want a mix of X-Files and Clutch 50,000 unstoppable watts!
Or my damn blog counters...............

Justinian

Yup.. I was thinking.. the chorus guitar part of Black Sabbath Iron Man, but only the part that plays behind where they say.. "I AM IRON MAN".. then the last part of the chorus would cut in right away with being replaced by the whistling part of the Xfiles theme.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I love this idea !!! and would love to do a segment for the program schedule... maybe a short vid. of commentary on world news or the like..... ha,, could call the clips

WILDMANS WORLD.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sadly I am computer stupid :( while the unit I am on now has all the bells and whistles to do it,, I do not know how to properly drive this here buggy... I do however have a high school kid who lives in the house.. let me do some asking maybe the kid can teach me how to make it do what I want

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
I had loads of fun doing the live chat broadcasts with Num and the guest(s) we had.

I'd be up for helping out again when I finally get my site completed - Silly thing keeps evolving on me and I gotta code my ass off to keep up :p

Justinian

Sorry everyone. I fell off the face of the Earth for a while again. My work. It happens from time to time. But in my absence I've found one of the best podcasts ever. IMO. They have a voicemail setup and people can call it 24/7 and leave a message with their ghost stories or weird experiences. Then they play it and afterwards discuss it. I think it's a really good concept. I'll try not to disappear again any time soon, but it might happen. I just moved back from overseas and might be heading back that way. Always moving.

Anyways, Obviously my lifestyle right now isn't the best for this, but someone should still move on this. Or have they?

I'd be up for helping out again when I finally get my site completed - Silly thing keeps evolving on me and I gotta code my ass off to keep up :p

Yeah, websites can be a real pain in the piehole. And the bigger they get, the more work they need to maintain. I've had a couple become real monsters in the past.

But about the pronunciation... I think the accent would have to be on "al" rather than "norm" for two reasons.

Firstly, I think "Paranormalis" is or is derived from a Latin word, and in French at least, there is no accentuation of specific syllables. Pronouncing it "Paranorm-Alice" redistributes the accent more evenly among the syllables, is closer to the original pronunciation, and would be more intelligible to foreign ears.

Secondly, if you put the accent on "norm", the whole word sounds like "paranormal" with an extra syllable thrown on at the end. The trouble with that is that listeners would probably hear something more like "paranormals" or "paranormalist", especially if the microphone quality isn't so hot or the speaker isn't experienced with using a mike.

I hope that makes sense...

Last edited: