Paranormalis Forums

Go Back Paranormalis Forums > Paranormalis Discussion > Artifacts
Dec. 21, 2012 Dec. 21, 2012
User Name
User Name
Save?
Password
Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artifacts Civilizations both lost and ancient.

Tags: 2012, ancienct civilizations, doomsday, prophecies

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Send a message via AIM to Zeo Emeraude Send a message via Yahoo to Zeo Emeraude
Default Dec. 21, 2012
For those of you who follow doomsday prophecies, this date should mean something to ya. This date, December 21, 2012 is the end of the Mayan Calendar. The Mayan Calendar is one, if not the most accurate in the world, It predicted solar eclipses 1000 years into the future and also the end of days as we know it. Now the Mayans believed that on this date in a few years, our world would end. It is believed that during the start of the Winter Solstice in 2012, our planet will become perfectly alligned with the sun, and many in the scientific community believe this will cause a global shift in the poles.

Now what does that mean to us you may ask? Well, an event of this magnitude could very well cause a major extinction incident for us on Earth. If this pole shift happens on a gradual scale the effects may not be as severe...however, if it were to be one of a quick and dramatic nature, this would trigger earthquakes on every continent, massive flooding in coastal reigons with record tsunamis, and volcanic eruptions to start with. We could also see a diminished if not total loss of the Earths magnetic field. This field is what gives us our true North and South Poles as well as protects us from the harmfull UV rays from the sun. Nearly every day we are bombarded with these deadly rays emmitted by the sun via good ole solar flares.

The Mayans knew how to make a calendar that's for sure, but they were not the only ones to believe in this particular date as well. The Chinese version of this date was found in the I Ching, a book of prophetic origin dating back 1000 years before the pyramids in Egypt were built. This book is still used and can be bought today.

No matter what you make of doomsday prophecy, this date is one that has been and will continue to be debated for some time to come. Feel free to post your responses here, or any research data you may find. I look forward to hearing some feedback on this compelling subject.

Zeo

"The HDR Unit is a hoax..one used by a cult of misguided souls seeking truth in thier own fiction."
Last edited by Zeo Emeraude : 1 Week Ago at 05:48 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Brent H Send a message via AIM to Brent H Send a message via MSN to Brent H Send a message via Yahoo to Brent H
Default Re: Dec. 21, 2012
Well, we've got 5 years to find out.

I'm sure New Years Eve 2011 is going to be a tense one for a lot of people, worse than New Years Eve 1999 (Y2K Bug) was. I remember sitting at my computer waiting for midnight, wanting to see if the entire world really did shut down as everyone was predicting... Nothing happened

What if nothing happens in 2012?
Old 1 Week Ago

I read that the Earth is going to pass in the galactic plane, and that it could increase the risks of impact with objects like asteroids and other objects. It's possible to find more objects in the galactic plan.

Some sites say that the galactic plane could influence the ort cloud objets, and that only the ort cloud would increase the number of impacts.

About passing in the galactic plane, can it causes a global shift of the poles ?

Interesting
Old 1 Week Ago
Paranormalis VIP

The end of the Mayan calendar is in no way indicative of the end of the world.
Everybody seems to draw this new age conclusion. Everybody except the Maya. All the end signifies is the end of a 13 baktun Mayan creation cycle. The cycle then begins anew. I have yet to read anything from legitimate scholars where this connection is made. Of course, they aren't out to try and sell books, dvd's and other crap.

The I Ching 2012 connection was I believe first proposed by Terence Mckenna in the 70's as part of his whole Timewave and Novelty theory. That shit has always been a little pseudoscientific for me so I don't tend to lend any credence to it.

The only thing I'm sure will happen on December 13, 2012 is a universal and collective groan heard 'round the world that will translate into:

"Goddamn! I maxed out my Visa card thinking the world wouldn't be here today."

In the words of Bill Engvall, "Here's your sign."
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Brent H Send a message via AIM to Brent H Send a message via MSN to Brent H Send a message via Yahoo to Brent H
Well let's hope you're right... I don't want things to crap out 8 days before my 29th birthday
Old 1 Week Ago

"What if nothing happens in 2012?"

In a perfect world the Mayan appear and supply us with a new Stone Calendar.

I'm with G 100 on this Brent, just print a new calendar.
Old 1 Week Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Send a message via Yahoo to Chip Lewis
How do we know what year it really is in the first place? Some say it is currently 2009 others say even later...
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

You could always go by the Hebrew calendar (not sure if I know what I'm talking about here) that says we're in the year 3,000 or 4,000 now
Old 1 Week Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Lewis View Post
How do we know what year it really is in the first place? Some say it is currently 2009 others say even later...
Chip,

The Mayan calendar was discovered after the last change was made to our calendar. Several hundred years after, in fact.

We know when the calendar ends because it's just as simple as counting the days. That's all there is to it.

Anyone that is currently making claims about it not necessarily being Dec 21 2012 is either trying to sell a book about how it's going to be sooner, or is setting the stage for a claim of "See, I told you so in my book!" to be made on Dec. 22 2012.

Harte
Old 1 Week Ago
Paranormalis VIP

All right kiddies. H is in the house.

That last public service announcement was brought to you by the newly digitally mastered CD of Chicago's Greatest Hits featuring Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? and the soon to be 2012 classic re-release of Baby What A Big Surprise!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

« Jesus' Tomb? | - »

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode