Paranormalis Forums

Go Back Paranormalis Forums > Community Discussions > The Soapbox
I'll go first I'll go first
User Name
User Name
Save?
Password
Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Soapbox Debate, politics, religion and anything else that touches a nerve.

Tags: health care, health insurance, money

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default I'll go first
nothing pisses me off more than when they shove "we have to make sure everyone can get affordable health insurance"....I don't want affordable health insurance...I want affordable health care! if health care is affordable to me then health insurance is my option...i don't like being forced to buy insurance. I'm fairly young and real healthy....i don't get my $ out of it.

stepping off Soap Box now
advntrjnky

ETA: IMHO insurance companies ruined the world!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Brent H Send a message via AIM to Brent H Send a message via MSN to Brent H Send a message via Yahoo to Brent H
Default Re: I'll go first
Health insurance is too expensive for me, even with our company's insurance plan. Not that I can't afford it... But paying the amount they want each month is just stupid.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Send a message via AIM to Zeo Emeraude Send a message via Yahoo to Zeo Emeraude
Well, I recently found out over the holidays that I am a diabetic..Talk about an expensive condition!! Seeing that I need affordable insurance and health coverage, I get pissed myself when looking at my prescription bills.. I spend on average 250 bucks a month on this stuff. We need a system that helps others who can't spend like I can on medicines...It's no surprise though...with Social Security on the way out, and medicare costs rising, it seems as if the boys on Capitol Hill need some fresh imput. BTW, if Social Security won't be available for me when I hit 65, why the hell should I have to pay the frakin taxes on it now!!!!

"The HDR Unit is a hoax..one used by a cult of misguided souls seeking truth in thier own fiction."
Old 1 Week Ago

Send a message via AIM to kahotep Send a message via Yahoo to kahotep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeo Emeraude View Post
Well, I recently found out over the holidays that I am a diabetic..Talk about an expensive condition!! Seeing that I need affordable insurance and health coverage, I get pissed myself when looking at my prescription bills.. I spend on average 250 bucks a month on this stuff. We need a system that helps others who can't spend like I can on medicines...

It may not be necessary to take prescriptions for diabetes if it is type 2 diabetes. This form of diabetes has been found to be curable by diet alone; no insulin or drugs.

I've been following Dr. Joseph Mercola's work for a couple of years and found it to be an excellent resource for methods of regaining health with dietary improvements.

This is an excerpt from his page on diabetes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Joseph Mercola
Not only is type 2 diabetes completely preventable, but it is virtually curable for anyone who is willing to put in the hard time and work and recovering their insulin and leptin sensitivity.

We Are In The Midst Of A Diabetes Epidemic. Nearly 20 million people in the US have type 2 diabetes and another 45 million have pre diabetes. More than 50% are not even aware that they have this disease that can rob them of some of the most enjoyable years of their life.

How You Can "Cure" Diabetes Inexpensively. The resources to help you permanently remove the devastating consequences of diabetes are outlined below. Please understand that these are simple inexpensive lifestyle adjustments that do not require costly medications or supplements.
What You Know About Diabetes May Be All Wrong
Diabetes is Not a Disease of Blood Sugar! - Startling as that may seem, find out the real cause of diabetes from one of the country's leading experts in this original exclusive article.
The Diabetes Conundrum: What Physicians Are Teaching You May be Killing You - Read the surprising conclusion Dr. Rosedale, one of the leading diabetic doctors in the country, reaches about the current state of knowledge in diabetes.
Leptin: How Diabetes and Obesity Are Linked - Leptin, a hormone that regulates blood sugar in your body, may be the "missing link" between obesity and diabetes. Learn why normalizing leptin and insulin levels reduces your obesity-diabetes risk.
Insulin and Its Metabolic Effects - One of the most read articles on the entire web site; Great foundation for understanding how controlling insulin and leptin is the key to defeating diabetes.

Choose Slow Carb Foods to Control Diabetes
How Carbohydrates & Obesity are Linked: The Kind, Not the Amount - Learn how achieving your optimal weight lies in the kind of carbs you consume, not the amount.
Eat Fast Food and Fight Diabetes? - Is a new compound to protect against high-fat food & diabetes all that it is cracked up to be?
Corn Syrup Linked to Diabetes - The startling jump in diabetes in America is mirrored by our growing consumption of refined carbohydrates.
Infants Fed Cereals May Have an Increased Risk of Diabetes - Although many pediatricians recommend starting young infants on cereal, the grain may present a number of problems, including an increased risk of diabetes. Find out what's a better option to feed your child.

Why You Want to Stop Diabetes Drugs NOW
Lifestyle Changes Better Than Drugs for Diabetes - The prestigious NEJM validates that lifestyle is far more effective than drugs to control diabetes.
Diabetes Drugs Can Cause Heart Failure - Two drugs used to treat type 2 diabetes may cause congestive heart failure and fluid in the lungs. Why take dangerous drugs for diabetes when basic lifestyle changes can help?
Doctors Ignored FDA Warnings on Diabetes Drug - Apparently, repeated notifications of the dangers of Rezulin, a diabetes drug pulled off the market, were not enough to convince doctors to properly test their patients.
Other Diabetes Drug Also Causing Liver Failure - The newer diabetic drug Avandia is causing liver failures just like Rezulin.
Old 1 Week Ago

i hope you can get it under control! best of luck.

advntrjnky
Old 1 Week Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Sorry kahotep, but I am a type 1. I have to take insulin every day for the rest of my life...that is untill a cure is found or someone wants to slide me a used pancreas on the low.....For these reasons I am all for stem cell research. If stem cells could be used to restore my pancreas to the point that I don't have to take insulin, I say let the research begin. Other than the shots, I lead a very normal life..I can still drink a coke, eat Ice cream or anything with sugar in it...I just have to watch how much. Sugar can basicly kill me if I am not careful. Diet is the utmost importance to me these days.

Zeo

"The HDR Unit is a hoax..one used by a cult of misguided souls seeking truth in thier own fiction."
Old 6 Days Ago

It would be real nice if you could find some type of Herbal Supplement that would fix this problem instead of the Shots Zeo
Old 5 Days Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Tell me about it. But since my body doesn't produce enuff insulin, I have to take it. I do take a new type of insulin though...It is not animal, but human insulin. It is made from recombinant DNA. Works well, but I still await some decent stem cell alternatives.

Old 5 Days Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Send a message via Yahoo to Chip Lewis
I'm sorry for this discovery Zeo...

Fortunately you are a strong enough person to be able to withstand such circumstances. And, on the brighter side; if you ever happened to kill someone you can blame it on an insulin overdose!
Old 4 Days Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Lewis View Post
I'm sorry for this discovery Zeo...

Fortunately you are a strong enough person to be able to withstand such circumstances. And, on the brighter side; if you ever happened to kill someone you can blame it on an insulin overdose!

How right you are Chip! Although if I were to kill someone, it would be because of the constant lies that hdrkid infects this board with.That would surely gain me an aquittal. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

« Rules for The Soapbox | - »

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode