Pentacle and spell casting

bluejay_1919

Can you tell us more about the spell?

Also, does a pentagram always have to do with the devil, or is it a popular misconception?
I think Satanism has adopted an "upside down " pentagram.

The original right side up pentagram is not associated with the devil, demons or whatever evil there is. I believe the five points of the star stands for the elements (earth, air , fire, water ) and the top point of the star represents the Spirit. In Paganism wearing this star represents being one with nature. It can also be protective.

Dragonchaser

Also, does a pentagram always have to do with the devil, or is it a popular misconception?

Pentacles (the symbolism connected to it) were already old before the christian belief were a thought ; so yes it is a popular misconception and another way of "control" .

A pentagram when used in magick (the Craft) it must be enclosed in a circle touching all 5 points but not exceeding the extent of the circle .

When used correctly it is not a mere symbol anymore but the gateway of immeasurable power .

An experienced magician cast a pentagram through mindpower in layman's terms creating it in the astral but not deep enough to be separated from this world meaning it influences this world but is not from this world - that is the strongest pentagrams that I know of .

@Angelhoney I'll answer you shortly ...

Watch this space

Pegii

A pentagram was actually associated with wicca long before christianity twisted it to be a sign of the devil. It is the symbol of symbol. The upwards triangle meaning male and the downwards triangle meaning female. When christianity came along anyone associating with a pentagram was 'dealing with the devil'. Then hundreds of years later hollywood came along and now all pentagrams are the mark of the devil

Pegii

It's Traveler Malakis spell that I want to try. i'll paste it below

"Time Travel Spell
13 purple candles
8 white candles
1 black candle
A pentacle, a large one
Rosemary, clove, cinnamon incense

This can be done either indoors or outdoors, i would try a place with a lot of room to arrange the items in. First, place the pentacle on the ground, making it point north. Then, place the black candle at the top point of the pentacle, and place the Cinnamon incense above it. Once thats done, start on the right side-point on the pentacle, about 4 inches from it, place the white candles, arcing from the right side-point, and ending at the left side-point at about the same distance from the points and aligning. Then, do the same with the 13 purple candles, starting about an inch from the white candles. Then, on the left side-point, place the clove between the white candle and the left point, and at the right side-point, place the rosemary between the white candles and the right side-point. This is to symbolize a "time gate". Im sorry if i confused anyone during this, im not very good at writing or typing instructions.

Once you are done arranging all of the items, stand between the two bottom points of the pentacle, and visualize a large black hole about to suck you in, think and concentrate on the time and place you wish to travel to.

Then repeat this incantation...
Chronos, I call upon you, i ask you to hear this prayer, this will of mine! Chronos, allow me to cross the barriers of this reality, this time into another that i seek! As i will this i ask of you to hear me, open the gates! Open the gates!

Once you are finished in the time you are in, repeat this incantation to get back
Chronos, hear my will, i ask of you to send me back to my own time, hear me as i will this, open the gates, open the gates."
[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. Do you lie in the circle or do you lie outside it? Also I was confused about the placing of the incense?