People on this site putting other people down

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper Some of us are trying various time traveling methods out. What Pegii's trying to say is that some users feel the need to discourage others on threads they post about possible ways to time travel. Cutting the idea of time travel off completely isn't something I want to do. Just like there isn't clear evidence that time travel is real, there isn't evidence that it can't be done either.
Pegii believes that she can go back in time and help people regain lost ones in some other fantasy dimension...let her prove it first before she and others keep banging on about helping those grieving members of ours...Let them prove it first..

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper - There is an expression out there that goes like this: "Never say never". And please let these members, including Pegii and myself, discover time travel on their own. You don't always have to butt in repeating your gospel over things like needing proof and "that's just a fantasy that will never happen". Did I offend you?
@Classicalfan626 No mate you didnt offend me, you disappointed me that you take precedence over Pegii and Co and their unproven fantasies of going back in time to "help" the grieving members on here...Cant you understand the dangers that they pose from their ignorance, or are you only of the belief that they can actually go back in time with their "methods"?

Iam not trying to stop people from investigating time-travel, iam constantly researching it myself, but i dont come on here making fantasy claims that i can go back in time and help grieving people bring back their loved ones do i??

And my "gospel" is simple mate...Pegii and Co are giving grieving members false hopes, even Num7 said it yesterday, and obviously was NOT in favour of what Pegii is doing, like many of us on here who dont agree with Pegii...If Pegii and Co want to study time travel, then let them do it in their own privacy like me and many other members do...And if they come up with a provable "method", then they can discuss it on the forums..and NOT trying to give grieving members false hopes like they are doing at present, with dangerous consequences..

By the way Classical, Pegii and Co are repeating ad nauseum their own "gospels" regarding their personal misguided beliefs and iam simply answering them, as i always will to remind all members of the dangers they pose like drug use and possession, which i feel should be a concern for yourself, like it is with Admin and many of our members..

Pegii

I believe my father and I may have changed the past already but I can't prove it. I also had an interesting experience with the STM where I blacked out and my Mother heard me upstairs. Again I can't prove it but it's still interesting. And if anyone doesn't believe me then fine.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I gave this a little thought yesterday as well as this morning. Also, several comments made in this thread by some of our members were of valuable insight and reminded me where we're coming from. Paranormal first. I now need to update my position and pretty much sit right in the middle. We want our community to be a place where all sorts of discussions can take place without boundaries, in the smoothest way possible. We think outside the box and we're a time travel forum.

I disagree when it comes to advertising that X or Y member here can change the past. For instance, a grieving person joins and says that he lost his son. Then someone replies "Contact X member, she can change the past". Seriously? This is borderline manipulation. That's flat out giving false hopes to vulnerable people. I'm against that and don't want to see that on here anymore.

So, I'm 100% against giving false hopes to grieving people, that time travel will fix their past.

But... if they want to believe it and consider it an option, despite our advice and warnings (Advice to move on, to consider non-paranormal ways, etc), well it's their choice. And if they want to discuss and entertain that idea, they're welcome to, because we're a time travel forum. Most if not all our members are adults, right? We're free to do and talk about whatever we want.

@TimeFlipper : Giving someone an advice (against Pegii's time travel ideas for instance), or inviting a grieving person to move on instead is one thing. What I see you doing recently, is repeatedly tearing appart some of our members' posts, especially Pegii's. Even though you don't agree with her/them, that doesn't entitle you to prevent her/them from having their discussions. Posting a few advice is fine: They will take it, or not. Past that, you have to step back and let them be, man.

Reminds me of that time we had a chat with Traveler Malaki during a chat event. You're free to believe him or not, but if you don't believe him, you don't have the right to ruin it for everyone else and prevent us from discussing with/about him.

At some point, people know what their options are and they're aware time travel might be a waste of time and energy... If they wish to keep going, it's their choice.

TL;DR version:
@Pegii and friends: Go ahead and discuss about changing the past. But don't advertise to grieving people that you can change/fix their past in ways they'll expect something out of it no matter what your intentions are. Okay? No false hope.
@TimeFlipper Let Pegii and everyone discuss whatever they want on the forum. If you spot something out of line like flat out advertising, as explained above, then report it, we'll handle it.

People are free to believe in what they want. We make them aware of the good and bad sides of a belief, but past that, it's up to them to make up their minds and go ahead.

If someone

Pegii

I gave this a little thought yesterday as well as this morning. Also, several comments made in this thread by some of our members were of valuable insight and reminded me where we're coming from. Paranormal first. I now need to update my position and pretty much sit right in the middle. We want our community to be a place where all sorts of discussions can take place without boundaries, in the smoothest way possible. We think outside the box and we're a time travel forum.

I disagree when it comes to advertising that X or Y member here can change the past. For instance, a grieving person joins and says that he lost his son. Then someone replies "Contact X member, she can change the past". Seriously? This is borderline manipulation. That's flat out giving false hopes to vulnerable people. I'm against that and don't want to see that on here anymore.

So, I'm 100% against giving false hopes to grieving people, that time travel will fix their past.

But... if they want to believe it and consider it an option, despite our advice and warnings (Advice to move on, to consider non-paranormal ways, etc), well it's their choice. And if they want to discuss and entertain that idea, they're welcome to, because we're a time travel forum. Most if not all our members are adults, right? We're free to do and talk about whatever we want.

@TimeFlipper : Giving someone an advice (against Pegii's time travel ideas for instance), or inviting a grieving person to move on instead is one thing. What I see you doing recently, is repeatedly tearing appart some of our members' posts, especially Pegii's. Even though you don't agree with her/them, that doesn't entitle you to prevent her/them from having their discussions. Posting a few advice is fine: They will take it, or not. Past that, you have to step back and let them be, man.

Reminds me of that time we had a chat with Traveler Malaki during a chat event. You're free to believe him or not, but if you don't believe him, you don't have the right to ruin it for everyone else and prevent us from discussing with/about him.

At some point, people know what their options are and they're aware time travel might be a waste of time and energy... If they wish to keep going, it's their choice.

TL;DR version:
@Pegii and friends: Go ahead and discuss about changing the past. But don't advertise to grieving people that you can change/fix their past in ways they'll expect something out of it no matter what your intentions are. Okay? No false hope.
@TimeFlipper Let Pegii and everyone discuss whatever they want on the forum. If you spot something out of line like flat out advertising, as explained above, then report it, we'll handle it.

People are free to believe in what they want. We make them aware of the good and bad sides of a belief, but past that, it's up to them to make up their minds and go ahead.

If someone
Good point. Well said.

TimeFlipper

@Num7 I thank you for prohibiting anymore of the fantasies being made about time-travelling and healing, this is all i ever asked for..:)
And of course i will keep my eyes open and copy and paste anything that is in contravention of your ruling, and send it to you immediately (y)
All of my concern has been directed for new members, as i felt rightly or wrongly, that we as a website have a duty of care to those desperate people, and that they should be made aware of the dangers from our well meaning members.....

Just a point i would like to clear up from your posting, regarding Traveler Malaki who i said was a fake...a few days after that Pegii wrote this in the new profile post, "Malaki is a Troll", and i nearly gave her a "like" for it! :D

Also members were feeling frustrated about him not returning to explain his methods, even after he said that he would be away for a long time, and me trying to explain to the members that he said he wasnt returning for a long time ::LOL::..so the consensus of opinion was that Traveler Malaki was an unreliable member...

Last edited:

Harte

I just want to state as an analogy (perhaps not the best one) that if anyone around him had had the balls to stand up and explain to Steve Jobs just how wrong he was about "alternative medicine," he might very well still be around today.
Scams like "spells for time travel" are no better for the state of mind of one in grief than psychic surgery (or whatever) was for Steve Jobs' cancer
Of course, we don't absolutely owe solace to a person that's grieving. But I would submit we DO owe withholding of bunko "science" which only helps them dwell longer in the depths of their grief.

Harte

Miscellaneous

@Num7 if this gets out of hand. I propose temporary banishment. A temporary ban that (depending on you) could take hours/days on the banning part of the user. I don't know if you can do that here or if that's how paranormalis works on banning certain members but it's been like that with other forums I go to.