Planet X conspiracy

jurgen36

Re: Planet X conspiracy

baudmiksen said:
Besides that Harte, I don't think there are runways on the moon. I guess they could put some Bigfoot monster truck super-swamper tires on the shuttle and that should suffice in some of the rougher terrain. He better be a damn good pilot though.

Well the space shuttle could never go to the moon that is for sure. It is designed to reenter as a glider and could under no circumstances land on the airless moon. HA HA HA, sorry I could not help it.

Re: heavy lift vehicles. Ask the Russians, they had and still have the heaviest lifters in the world, even now NASA is trying to buy a few heavy lifters and shuttles from Russia, but due to the conflict in Georgia it does not look as if the US congress will give approval. I do have a nasty feeling that the Russians or the Chinese will beat the western powers in setting up moon bases. Semi totalitarian countries are always more efficient in technology. Look at their planes or unstoppable missiles.
Regards

jurgen36

baudmiksen said:
Besides that Harte, I don't think there are runways on the moon. I guess they could put some Bigfoot monster truck super-swamper tires on the shuttle and that should suffice in some of the rougher terrain. He better be a damn good pilot though.

Well the shuttle could never ever land on the moon, the poor thing is not build for this type of work. Regarding heavy lift vehicles, even now NASA is trying to buy a few from Russia, but apparently due to the Georgia problems it does not look as if the US congress will approve. Heavy lift vehicles are available in Russia, after all they were building the heaviest lifters ever used by anyone. Their rocket technology was and still is way ahead of any western country.
Regards

*** SORRY ABOUT THE DOUBLE UP BUT I LOST MY ADSL AND DID NOT REALIZE IT ALREADY SEND THE SUBMISSION ***

Keroscene

jurgen36 said:
Well the space shuttle could never go to the moon that is for sure. It is designed to reenter as a glider and could under no circumstances land on the airless moon. HA HA HA, sorry I could not help it.

LOL I was joking in my previous post. I wasnt trying to be serious. But, that doesnt necessarily mean I'm not daft.;)

In that same line of thinking, I was pondering whether they could land the shuttle vertically on the moon, that way it's already in the position needed for takeoff. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.:D

Harte

baudmiksen said:
LOL I was joking in my previous post. I wasnt trying to be serious. But, that doesnt necessarily mean I'm not daft.;)

In that same line of thinking, I was pondering whether they could land the shuttle vertically on the moon, that way it's already in the position needed for takeoff. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.:D
If the shuttle were capable of creating the thrust necessary to achieve the velocity required to reach the Moon (and, of course, it's not,) then a small lander could be carried in the shuttle bay - like the Apollo program did - carrying a lander in the orbiter they brought with them.

Harte