Please help me figure out if my house is haunted

Roughshod

Okay, I'm not really one for believing in ghosts so with all the things that i believe can be explained I will put what could be the explanation with it. Even so, there has been a lot of freaky stuff going on in my house with no particular reason and I want to figure out what this could possibly be. Okay so weird things have been happening these last couple months. I live with a buddy of mine and he seems more attuned to this stuff than I am but now I am seeing things as well and its freaking me out. I live in a fairly new apartment complex near my college but it is miles away from any possible haunted areas in my town (every towns got some right?). I personally have had several deaths but the most recent was a year ago and he was simply an old friend who died 3 states away (not sure how far ghosts travel when they die) ad no one has died in my apartment complex. Now this all started in June when one time my buddy was playing video games in the living room I decided to go to my bedroom to get something and my buddy made the comment 'what was so funny?' I'm like, what?, then he said her heard giggling coming from my side of the house, and I'm like I definitely didn't giggle, I was getting xyz (i don't remember what item it was). and we just brushed in off. He heard this giggling a couple more times in June and we just thought maybe one of the other tenants had kids or something. Well one day I went to put in the rent for the month and I asked if my building had any families move in or visiting and they informed us that the whole building other than my buddy and myself was gone for the summer and they weren't working on my building just yet (to get ready for the next semester tenants). So we are alone in this whole building. I say whatever, let it be, giggling is not a terrible thing to worry over. Well fast forward to July and one day I am in the laundry room doing laundry and I hear what i can only explain as the roof shaking, and the light cover of the ceiling light fell right on my head and shattered everywhere. So I knew that the only access to the utility attic in my complex (where all the electric wires or stuff for the walls/apartments are) is in my bedroom closet. I go to the office ask if anyone was working on the roof or if anyone had to work in the attic and didn't tell me they would be coming in. They said again, there is no one working on my complex until later in the summer. So I demand a new light cover and made sure the maintenance guy puts it on extra tight. Fast forward to mid July, the knocking starts. At first we thought it was just people moving the last of their stuff out of the complex but the knocking kept happening at like 3 am when there was no one around and this complex is too new for there to be serious plumbing issues that would make these sounds. There were times it sounded like the knocking was simultaneously on the other side of my roommates and mines respective bedrooms doors (our rooms are on separate sides of the apartment). We started getting really weirded out. After that, things started getting "misplaced" but only ever 3 things for each of us and respectively it was our wallets, phones and keys. Now personally, I am a hot mess so I figured I was just throwing them around the house and losing them but my buddy doesn't lose things. He's literally a freak about his things being in order and his things started ending up in places of the house he never really goes to, like my bedroom, bathroom, or closet. He doesn't go there, he doesn't need to. Then weirder things would happen, when him and I are in the living room, my bedroom and bathroom lights would simultaneously turn on and I would have to physically go and turn them off. After things start disappearing the nightmares start. We have both been known for nightmares, I use to have night terrors VERY frequently as a child so I learned to lucid dream and not be phased by them in general, nightmares usually have VERY little effect on me. My buddy has nightmares frequently but, like me, he has become so desensitized to them that the worst it does is supposedly make him put move into weird positions when he sleeps. But these nightmares have been something straight out of the grudge, we both talk about this recurring dream we both have of something weird with long hair crawling down the hallway for no reason and, for me, it is scarier than most of the night terrors I had as a child (and my night terrors would turn in to waking hallucinations). Well my nightmares have stopped, yay. His nightmares have calmed down to what they usually are and not the terrifying images of people crawling around hallways. Once the night mares started, my pet snakes started acting weird towards my buddy. My snakes are a couple years old but VERY tame and well fed. They don't care about anything, nothing bothers them. However now whenever they see john they get hyper aggressive, Neither are big enough to do anything, they are two tiny Kenyan sand boas, but they will lunge at him and try to get away from him when he helps hold them while I clean the cages. I have never seen this from them before, I have sent them to the vet since this behavior started to make sure there isn't anything wrong with them and the doctor says they are the definition of health, no illnesses and no signs of their environment being off (I'm a zoology major so I take very good care of my animals and make sure their terrarium environment is monitored everyday) so why they are acting aggressive to a guy who they loved to crawl around on before is beyond me. That's when the really weird shit started. Me and my buddy started seeing things when we were awake about two weeks ago. I cant explain it real well but we would both be in the living room and, I was the first on to see i, I looked over to the hallway where you can see my bedroom and bathroom doors and it looked like there was a flash of light in my bathroom with a VERY BLACK silhouette of a man standing there. This was really weird because it didn't look like any light I'd ever seen, it wasn't blinding like it came from behind or was pointing at me but it also didn't spill out into the very dark hallway that the doorway opens like the mirror/wall lights would do (they are positioned so they would definitely light the hallway). It was explicitly concentrated inside the bathroom where that dark figure was. Two days later my buddy saw the same thing in the kitchen. Light only concentrated to the kitchen and a tall black silhouette of a man standing there for only a fraction of a second. I saw this one more time in my bedroom door and john say it again at the bottom of the stairs (we live in an upstairs apartment). And just today as we were both leaving the house to go to an event in town, a small bottle of vape juice, that we purposely left upstairs on the KITCHEN TABLE (a whole room away from the stairs) because we weren't a fan of the flavor, came flying down the stairs and to our feet as we opened the door to leave. I put the reason we left it so you know that we made a POINT of leaving it, neither of us wanted it so we knew we left it while choosing a juice to take (we were going to be gone a while) and the juice we did take would have been and was in my backpack that I was taking so there was no 'oh i grabbed the wrong one and it fell out of my pocket/hand/whatever. it flew in like it was thrown but it was only flown at our feet, it didn't hit either of us. Does anyone have ANY idea what could be going on with us/this apartment and why the suddenness of it all if there is anything going on. Also if we should do anything to stop this in it's tracks because it might get worse or will this just be an annoyance. Enough weird stuff has happened that I'm starting to believe.

Miscellaneous

Interrogate your buddy. If your snakes got a problem with him and shit happens whenever you're with your buddy, then the problem is your buddy. Halfway through the poorly written English wall of text, "curse" came up on my mind but that's just a wild guess and I think your buddy has something to do with the hauntings.

Wind7

Staff
Okay, I'm not really one for believing in ghosts so with all the things that i believe can be explained I will put what could be the explanation with it. Even so, there has been a lot of freaky stuff going on in my house with no particular reason and I want to figure out what this could possibly be. Okay so weird things have been happening these last couple months. I live with a buddy of mine and he seems more attuned to this stuff than I am but now I am seeing things as well and its freaking me out. I live in a fairly new apartment complex near my college but it is miles away from any possible haunted areas in my town (every towns got some right?). I personally have had several deaths but the most recent was a year ago and he was simply an old friend who died 3 states away (not sure how far ghosts travel when they die) ad no one has died in my apartment complex. Now this all started in June when one time my buddy was playing video games in the living room I decided to go to my bedroom to get something and my buddy made the comment 'what was so funny?' I'm like, what?, then he said her heard giggling coming from my side of the house, and I'm like I definitely didn't giggle, I was getting xyz (i don't remember what item it was). and we just brushed in off. He heard this giggling a couple more times in June and we just thought maybe one of the other tenants had kids or something. Well one day I went to put in the rent for the month and I asked if my building had any families move in or visiting and they informed us that the whole building other than my buddy and myself was gone for the summer and they weren't working on my building just yet (to get ready for the next semester tenants). So we are alone in this whole building. I say whatever, let it be, giggling is not a terrible thing to worry over. Well fast forward to July and one day I am in the laundry room doing laundry and I hear what i can only explain as the roof shaking, and the light cover of the ceiling light fell right on my head and shattered everywhere. So I knew that the only access to the utility attic in my complex (where all the electric wires or stuff for the walls/apartments are) is in my bedroom closet. I go to the office ask if anyone was working on the roof or if anyone had to work in the attic and didn't tell me they would be coming in. They said again, there is no one working on my complex until later in the summer. So I demand a new light cover and made sure the maintenance guy puts it on extra tight. Fast forward to mid July, the knocking starts. At first we thought it was just people moving the last of their stuff out of the complex but the knocking kept happening at like 3 am when there was no one around and this complex is too new for there to be serious plumbing issues that would make these sounds. There were times it sounded like the knocking was simultaneously on the other side of my roommates and mines respective bedrooms doors (our rooms are on separate sides of the apartment). We started getting really weirded out. After that, things started getting "misplaced" but only ever 3 things for each of us and respectively it was our wallets, phones and keys. Now personally, I am a hot mess so I figured I was just throwing them around the house and losing them but my buddy doesn't lose things. He's literally a freak about his things being in order and his things started ending up in places of the house he never really goes to, like my bedroom, bathroom, or closet. He doesn't go there, he doesn't need to. Then weirder things would happen, when him and I are in the living room, my bedroom and bathroom lights would simultaneously turn on and I would have to physically go and turn them off. After things start disappearing the nightmares start. We have both been known for nightmares, I use to have night terrors VERY frequently as a child so I learned to lucid dream and not be phased by them in general, nightmares usually have VERY little effect on me. My buddy has nightmares frequently but, like me, he has become so desensitized to them that the worst it does is supposedly make him put move into weird positions when he sleeps. But these nightmares have been something straight out of the grudge, we both talk about this recurring dream we both have of something weird with long hair crawling down the hallway for no reason and, for me, it is scarier than most of the night terrors I had as a child (and my night terrors would turn in to waking hallucinations). Well my nightmares have stopped, yay. His nightmares have calmed down to what they usually are and not the terrifying images of people crawling around hallways. Once the night mares started, my pet snakes started acting weird towards my buddy. My snakes are a couple years old but VERY tame and well fed. They don't care about anything, nothing bothers them. However now whenever they see john they get hyper aggressive, Neither are big enough to do anything, they are two tiny Kenyan sand boas, but they will lunge at him and try to get away from him when he helps hold them while I clean the cages. I have never seen this from them before, I have sent them to the vet since this behavior started to make sure there isn't anything wrong with them and the doctor says they are the definition of health, no illnesses and no signs of their environment being off (I'm a zoology major so I take very good care of my animals and make sure their terrarium environment is monitored everyday) so why they are acting aggressive to a guy who they loved to crawl around on before is beyond me. That's when the really weird shit started. Me and my buddy started seeing things when we were awake about two weeks ago. I cant explain it real well but we would both be in the living room and, I was the first on to see i, I looked over to the hallway where you can see my bedroom and bathroom doors and it looked like there was a flash of light in my bathroom with a VERY BLACK silhouette of a man standing there. This was really weird because it didn't look like any light I'd ever seen, it wasn't blinding like it came from behind or was pointing at me but it also didn't spill out into the very dark hallway that the doorway opens like the mirror/wall lights would do (they are positioned so they would definitely light the hallway). It was explicitly concentrated inside the bathroom where that dark figure was. Two days later my buddy saw the same thing in the kitchen. Light only concentrated to the kitchen and a tall black silhouette of a man standing there for only a fraction of a second. I saw this one more time in my bedroom door and john say it again at the bottom of the stairs (we live in an upstairs apartment). And just today as we were both leaving the house to go to an event in town, a small bottle of vape juice, that we purposely left upstairs on the KITCHEN TABLE (a whole room away from the stairs) because we weren't a fan of the flavor, came flying down the stairs and to our feet as we opened the door to leave. I put the reason we left it so you know that we made a POINT of leaving it, neither of us wanted it so we knew we left it while choosing a juice to take (we were going to be gone a while) and the juice we did take would have been and was in my backpack that I was taking so there was no 'oh i grabbed the wrong one and it fell out of my pocket/hand/whatever. it flew in like it was thrown but it was only flown at our feet, it didn't hit either of us. Does anyone have ANY idea what could be going on with us/this apartment and why the suddenness of it all if there is anything going on. Also if we should do anything to stop this in it's tracks because it might get worse or will this just be an annoyance. Enough weird stuff has happened that I'm starting to believe.

With all this stuff happening, you definitely have a haunting.

An apartment building is more complex because there are more 'homes' than just one and narrowing down the spiritual is much more complex.

You say there is nobody else in the whole building but you two?
Maybe you are having issues because the spirit hosts are currently gone(?)

Or...it could be something that your friend happened across in his past that he doesn't know about until now , like wanting him all to itself.
You say he IS more in tune than you,
suffered the same nightmare as you,
strangely contorts during sleeping..
snakes are now avoiding him...

Are you having relations..are you getting closer to him??

You both saw a male presence...was the giggling a female voice??

Yeah...it sounds like you're having multiple hauntings imho.
That could be part and parcel to living in an apartment building.

My best advice for now,
Seasalt the whole borders of the apartment you live in...(all walls bordering the next apartment, windows and doors.)

Purchase some Black Tourmaline.
A peach sized piece for the very center of your apartment, two peachpit sized for next to your respective bedsides and 2 pocket sized pieces to keep with you both at all times when out and about.

This should stop these occurrences in their tracks.

Keep up with the sea salt..it may be messy and inconvenient but it will help.

Thanks for taking the time to post your concerns and for reading this answer!

Best of luck to you both.!!

Wind7

:)

Roughshod

Interrogate your buddy. If your snakes got a problem with him and shit happens whenever you're with your buddy, then the problem is your buddy. Halfway through the poorly written English wall of text, "curse" came up on my mind but that's just a wild guess and I think your buddy has something to do with the hauntings.

Haha Sorry I was very tired and freaked out. I'm not my best when I'm tired

Roughshod

With all this stuff happening, you definitely have a haunting.

An apartment building is more complex because there are more 'homes' than just one and narrowing down the spiritual is much more complex.

You say there is nobody else in the whole building but you two?
Maybe you are having issues because the spirit hosts are currently gone(?)

Or...it could be something that your friend happened across in his past that he doesn't know about until now , like wanting him all to itself.
You say he IS more in tune than you,
suffered the same nightmare as you,
strangely contorts during sleeping..
snakes are now avoiding him...

Are you having relations..are you getting closer to him??

You both saw a male presence...was the giggling a female voice??

Yeah...it sounds like you're having multiple hauntings imho.
That could be part and parcel to living in an apartment building.

My best advice for now,
Seasalt the whole borders of the apartment you live in...(all walls bordering the next apartment, windows and doors.)

Purchase some Black Tourmaline.
A peach sized piece for the very center of your apartment, two peachpit sized for next to your respective bedsides and 2 pocket sized pieces to keep with you both at all times when out and about.

This should stop these occurrences in their tracks.

Keep up with the sea salt..it may be messy and inconvenient but it will help.

Thanks for taking the time to post your concerns and for reading this answer!

Best of luck to you both.!!

Wind7

:)

Well my buddy swears the giggles sounded like mine (I am a female) but we are no closer than we were when he moved in about a year ago, my buddy said it was just like a little kid's giggle but thanks I will definitely check out the salt thing and we have crystal shops in town, I'll have to see about the tourmaline. And I was thinking it was more bothering him and I was caught in the crossfire but I literally want nothing to do with a ghost that likes to freak me out. If it was chill I'd be totally cool, but throwing things is a no-go.

Last edited: