Positive Prayer, Negative Outcome

Sunny0102

I have a question regarding positive prayer. Suppose your family is dispersed throughout the country. You are filled with immense loneliness and, as a Christian, pray day and night to bring them all together. Then, a tragedy strikes. There is a death in the family which brings you all together. Though, you weren't praying for a tragedy, in a way, the prayer has been answered.

Do you believe a positive Christian prayer has the power to inadvertently result in a negative outcome? Do you believe that Christian prayer should come with the same warning, "Be careful what you wish for"?

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
No, absolutely not...God is not the Wishmaster lol. But I do think we should all be grateful for what we do have...That's a universal joke, "We only have family reunions at funerals"... Do you really think God would be so cruel to curse someone praying to Him for help if there weren't a reason for it to happen? ;)

Sunny0102

I guess I should have clarified that I did not mean it in the aspect of some type of divine intervention. Rather, if a person believes that their prayer will be answered, does that strong thought alone have the power for it to become reality?

In the same way that spells may work. One may believe that the spell they are chanting and the colors of the candles caused it to work.

I ask this because my mom is very religious. She's told me of her prayers many times. She is constantly praying for all of us to be together. She is also constantly praying that we live together. She has always had financial problems and looked to us for a solution. We've told her frequently that we don't wish to live with her, though due to unfortunate circumstances, we always end up in her home. I'm talking about at least a dozen times, where it's hard to just brush it off as a coincidence. She always responds by saying that her prayers have been answered.

Sunny0102

It's also not financial problems that brings us back to her. If that was the case, we'd tough it out.

Lately, she's been trying desperately to talk us into moving into her home, yet again. Saying that she's been praying for it. Just the craziest things have been happening. The latest one being a sinkhole opening up near our home. She responded by saying, "Oh no, you're neighborhood is not safe, you're going to have to move in with me now! Thank you, Jesus!" The weird part was that my sister thought I was messing with her when I told her about the sinkhole. They had been watching a documentary about sinkholes the night before the freak incident in my neighborhood.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I have a question regarding positive prayer. Suppose your family is dispersed throughout the country. You are filled with immense loneliness and, as a Christian, pray day and night to bring them all together. Then, a tragedy strikes. There is a death in the family which brings you all together. Though, you weren't praying for a tragedy, in a way, the prayer has been answered.

Do you believe a positive Christian prayer has the power to inadvertently result in a negative outcome? Do you believe that Christian prayer should come with the same warning, "Be careful what you wish for"?

I've read that sometimes the negative things do bring us closer to God and closer to the answered prayer.
Also, based on my personal experience, I've found that you have to be VERY SPECIFIC with prayer.

We've told her frequently that we don't wish to live with her, though due to unfortunate circumstances, we always end up in her home. I'm talking about at least a dozen times, where it's hard to just brush it off as a coincidence.
Sounds like a natural witch. There are quite a few about, and a lot of them don't even know they are.

If you have anything against witches, no offense meant. In my world, it's a compliment.

Last edited:

C_jami

Thinks what r meant to happen we can't change with all the prayers in the world. Let me tell you a little story. Where a monk living in a monastery send his two people working there on a certain path telling them to go quick with water because there r two people one is already dead and one will die if you don't go quick. The guys r gone quick found the two people saved the one what was still alive just like the monk was saying. The guys ask themselves why God didn't made the Monk see the people before the first one died so they could save both.... This is what God wanted to save the first guy who died was ready to go.... When my father died in August with all my believe in God I still asked him Why ? Why he didn't give me at least a chance to say I love him one more time. But now I understand. My dad live his life and he hade to go like that. Maybe like this I prayed more for his soul because I felt somehow guilty. But it all happens with a reason no matter if good or bad .. God Bless And never stop Praying :)

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I've been reminded of this thread lately...I think many blessings come disguised...My life is going through some radical changes, some of which don't seem good at all, but I think in the long run, I'll discover that they're all blessings in disguise.. :) (I'm hoping, anyway...lol) Everything happens for a reason..Maybe not the way you wanted or planned, but we've gotta look for the good in all the bad...

C_jami

I am glad you see it like that. Is so much easier to live this way .. Anger and stress is like acid .. Will eat you while things what r meant to happen R happening. Your in my prayers